English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.WHDLoad

Old 21 August 2011, 01:57   #1
MethodGit

CJ's Elephant Antics - weird collision glitch

Not sure if it's just a case of needing certain settings enabled in WinUAE, but the latest slave (v1.1, tested with WHDLoad v17.0.4881 from ClassicWB) for CJ's Elephant Antics has a game-breaking issue where CJ will suddenly fall through the floor whenever he throws a bomb or gets touched by an enemy. I've seen this happen on the first level and when it happens on the starting floor he disappears at the bottom of the screen, but doesn't die and usually can still traverse across the level for a bit before reaching a 'dead end'. Other times he'll just get stuck.

This only ever appears to occur with the standalone release of the game (SPS #832) - the Cartoon Collection version (nabbed from WHDownload) has no such issue. I've tried testing it with all sorts of options (Cycle-Exact, Immediate Blitter, Fastest Possible, 24-bit Addressing etc) and neither of them make any difference. Not sure if it's a disk-image size issue either (maybe a bit more is needed at the end?). ClassicWB doesn't appear to be the problem as I've been testing the install under a CLI+startup-sequence setup also.

This is an actual bug, right, and I haven't just typically screwed up somewhere along the line?