English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene > Member Introductions

Old 01 June 2021, 19:43   #1
yelo

A humble introduction

Hi, I've been lurking around these parts of the internet for a while, and finally decided to create an account here.

I never had any Amiga growing up, but I was in awe of my friends brothers Amiga 500. Loved to go through the endless supply of floppies to see what we found, and I think we spent most of the time playing James Pond 2 and Premiere the most.

I did however have an old C64 with a bunch of turbo tapes growing up (way, way past its prime), and I was always fascinated by it, and I think that was the thing that got me started on the path that led to me working as a software developer nowadays.

Now I have one Amiga 500 (1.2, chicken lips!) and an Amiga 1200 with an ACA1233n-40, as well as a couple of Commodore 64s in various shapes and forms. Soon (hopefully) I have a PiStorm to play around with, too. I also managed to score one of those big, heavy and loud Bang & Olufsen MX7000 TVs, so that's what I'm using when I want to get a .mod disco going at home.

Well, that's the short introduction, and I feel happy to finally have created an account here, and I hope that I can contribute with something to this board
Old 01 June 2021, 20:56   #2
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Welcome to EAB yelo
Old 01 June 2021, 21:04   #3
robinsonb5

Welcome! I love the C64 (especially soundwise) as well as the Amiga - great stuff!