English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 11 May 2021, 13:04   #41
RetroKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
The issue is that Windows 7 is no longer supported by the Python project. Python 3.9 (well, the official builds at least) only support Windows 8.1+.

Since these builds are built with Python 3.9, the minimum Windows version is 8.1 for these Launcher builds. I might reconsider and build the Windows version of the Launcher with Python 3.8 (the last Python version which supports Windows 7). But I'm not sure if it is worth it since Microsoft is no longer supporting Windows 7 either.
I hope you do!

My FSUAE 3.0.5 Folder is 187 GB large, so what should i do with a "calculator" Rasberry Port?

FSUAE will otherwise be the FIRST Emulation Frontend that will force me to update my current Operating System to Win10 (which is more demanding than Win7 and more incompatible to all my older games on my retrosystem).

Linux is also no option for my retrosystem!

Is there no inofficial python combatiblity project, which will make your good work easier?
Old 11 May 2021, 13:16   #42
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

I think using Python 3.8.x for Windows should be fine for the current time being. The 3.8.x series is still maintained and supported by the Python project. I checked that Qt 5.15 (which is also used) still supports Windows 7 as well.
Old 15 May 2021, 12:08   #43
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

I've made available FS-UAE-Launcher_4.0.75. The only changes is that for Windows it is built with Python 3.8.10 instead of 3.9.2 (might work on Windows 7 now), and the macOS version is built with a slightly newer Python version (3.9.2 -> 3.9.5). @RetroKing please check if this version runs on Windows 7.

@jbl007 I moved your interesting post to https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=106972 for further discussion there
Old 15 May 2021, 18:58   #44
Clark Kent

Is there any reason why the latest build does not work on older,systems anymore? I‘m still an 10.9.5 and can’t update because of several reasons…
Old 15 May 2021, 19:35   #45
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
Is there any reason why the latest build does not work on older,systems anymore? I‘m still an 10.9.5 and can’t update because of several reasons…
The Launcher is bundled with QT 5.15 for better compatibility with newer systems such as macOS 11. On the flip side, Qt 5.15 has a minimum macOS version of 10.13 (not entirely unreasonable, since Apple also have dropped support for older releases).

It doesn't really make sense to use an older version of Qt to make it work on 10.9 if the consequence is that it does not work as well on the current, supported and maintained macOS versions.

That being said, it is still possible to build a version which works fine on macOS 10.9, so there are still several other options:

- I might provide an additional version for older systems. It is somewhat more feasible now compared to earlier due to automated builds (but the support burden is there anyway of course).
- Same as above, but only for main releases.
- Provide easy-to-follow instructions for letting people build their own version for older operating systems.
- Same as above, but encourage volunteers to test and provide the builds for older operating systems.

Note; the current minimum version of 10.13 only applies to the new builds of the Launcher. The FS-UAE emulator builds require macOS 10.9 or higher.
Old 15 May 2021, 19:48   #46
Clark Kent

Thanx for the extensive information! Would be nice if at least the next main release works with 10.9
Old 16 May 2021, 14:07   #47
Foul

Send a message via ICQ to Foul Send a message via MSN to Foul
Still no way to use blizkick on this version ? it crash at start for me...
Old 16 May 2021, 16:14   #48
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foul View Post
Still no way to use blizkick on this version ? it crash at start for me...
When you say crashes, do you mean that FS-UAE crashes, blizkick crashes, or that blizkick fails with returncode 20?

EDIT: If it is the latter, and if this is related to the config you sent me long ago (I checked my inbox because I vaguely remembered we've been in touch about BlizKick earlier), then

Remove:
uae_maprom = 0xf0000000

and add:
uae_cpuboard_settings = maprom

Last edited by FrodeSolheim; 16 May 2021 at 18:57.
Old 16 May 2021, 18:44   #49
Foul

Send a message via ICQ to Foul Send a message via MSN to Foul
Quote:
Remove:
uae_maprom = 0xf0000000

and add:
uae_cpuboard_settings = maprom
Working !!! Perfect as usual
Old 18 May 2021, 23:44   #50
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

I've published an update for the Launcher (4.0.79) which contains some UI-niceness. The main window position and size is not remembered. Also, there is a splitter between the config list and the rest of the UI, and between the screenshots panel and the stuff above. So finally, you can choose the size of these elements yourself (they will also be remembered). The screenshots will scale with the panel. There is also a new Window ->Restore default window size option in the main menu.

(Note, if you managed to download 4.0.78 in the brief window it was available, please manually "Check for updates..." to get 4.0.79. The update available notification was broken in 4.0.78).
Old 19 May 2021, 12:06   #51
jbl007

UI changes =

If you pull the splitter all the way up, you get a nice non distracting interface with one large image.

Some things I noticed:
1. Image aspect ratio is slightly off. See Lotus 2 title screen for example.
2. Would be cool to be able to flip through the images on mouse click (just like launcher v3)
3. Looks like position of the splitter is saved to the .ini but not restored on (re)start.
Old 19 May 2021, 17:59   #52
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbl007 View Post
UI changes = If you pull the splitter all the way up, you get a nice non distracting interface with one large image.
That wasn't actually intentional, but ...

Quote:
1. Image aspect ratio is slightly off. See Lotus 2 title screen for example.
Yes. Unfortunately, not an easy/quick fix, but I'll deal with it later (through OpenRetro improvements).

Quote:
2. Would be cool to be able to flip through the images on mouse click (just like launcher v3)
I'm quite sure I'll be adding that!

Quote:
3. Looks like position of the splitter is saved to the .ini but not restored on (re)start.
It is, but just not in your particular case where the splitter position is 0. I'll change it so this position is restored correctly (in this case).
Old 23 May 2021, 15:53   #53
amigafreak68k

Custom ROMs (i.e. Kick 3.1.4) aren't able to setup in Launcher. Is this known?
Old 23 May 2021, 16:38   #54
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigafreak68k View Post
Custom ROMs (i.e. Kick 3.1.4) aren't able to setup in Launcher. Is this known?
I just got wind of it (yesterday I think), will fix
Old 23 May 2021, 16:58   #55
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Thanks
Old 26 May 2021, 09:29   #56
The Kins

I sent this via email earlier but it's probably best to put it here with all the other feedback. Big fan of the emulator, the new version looks pretty cool. I do have one issue to report, though:

I have a line in my advanced options to set one of my gamepad buttons (specifically, pressing the right stick) to take a screenshot:
Code:
joystick_0_button_9 = action_screenshot
However, this doesn't seem to work in the FS-UAE 4 preview. Is there any chance this could be fixed, or is there a better way of doing this that I should be using instead?
Old 27 May 2021, 21:27   #57
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kins View Post
However, this doesn't seem to work in the FS-UAE 4 preview. Is there any chance this could be fixed, or is there a better way of doing this that I should be using instead?
Input mapping isn't implemented yet in the new input system for FS-UAE 4. It will be possible to do this later.
Old 28 May 2021, 23:45   #58
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Yesterday, I pushed out some new builds (minor changes only).

For FS-UAE:
* Fixed screenshot function (Mod+S).
* Disabled some non-working shortcuts.

For FS-UAE Launcher:
* Make sure initial window position is not stored as 0, 0.
* Allow overriding kickstart ROM file again.
* Ask to "upgrade" (install) FS-UAE / QEMU-UAE / CAPSImg if not installed.
* Start/redirect to newer Launcher, if it exists, from plugin dir.
* Remember splitter position also when collapsed.

So, with this update, the restricting about having to put the Launcher in a specific directory to make updates work is effectively lifted. If you try to run the "old" version after an update has been installed - the update will still be installed into (...)/FS-UAE/System/FS-UAE-Launcher - the installed updated will be started instead.

Also, there is no longer a need to download a full suite of programs/plugins, just the Launcher alone is enough, since it will prompt you to install the missing bits (I will probably expand a bit more on this functionality later, for example prompt the user to allow installation of CAPSImg when needed)

P.S.: Native builds for M1 might appear soon.
Old 29 May 2021, 09:23   #59
The Kins

Quote:
Input mapping isn't implemented yet in the new input system for FS-UAE 4. It will be possible to do this later.
Fair enough. Looking forward to it!
Old 01 June 2021, 13:53   #60
amigafreak68k

Quote:
For FS-UAE Launcher:
* Allow overriding kickstart ROM file again.

Excellent!

Now please the ability to save configs