English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Apps

Old 25 August 2021, 21:35   #1
stevelord

newer libsndfile.library

I keep most of the music I buy in FLAC format. Have done for years. I've seen Meynaf's impressive work but I was looking for some form of AHI support.

I saw [ Show youtube player ] and thought it might be worth a go.

I've done a few searches and AmigaAMP uses both AHI and libsndfile.library. It looks like later libsndfile versions support FLAC. Before I head down rabbit holes, has anyone seen a compiled libsndfile with flac support? If not, has anyone seen an AHI-based player that does FLAC?

Last edited by stevelord; 25 August 2021 at 21:43.
Old 25 August 2021, 22:05   #2
stevelord

Ok, according to http://www.amigaamp.de/log.shtml it looks like FLAC is only supported via MHI. Thomas Rapp's DAPlayer appears to support FLAC but I haven't been able to play anything. I think it's trying to load the whole FLAC into RAM at once.
Old 25 August 2021, 22:55   #3
AMIGASYSTEM

DAPlayer works well even with FLAC files some problem on the cursor does not show the progress of the song, then there is the excellent FFPlay, and finally a Small Player in Hollywood born to play the SID but works on many other formats, I attach a small video that shows the 3 Players that play a FLAC file.

http://eab.abime.net/zone/PlayFLAC.zip

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 26 August 2021 at 00:52.