English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hall Of Light > HOL data problems

Old 14 January 2005, 07:24   #1
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
"Hugo" confusion

Pretty complicated task to correctly fill this in.
As the only Scandinavian HOL member is now retired, I need help - from YOU!

http://hol.abime.net/search.php?find=hugo

First, I've removed wrong "Silverrock" developer entry, since as far as my Danish goes (), it can be read on the box that ITE was the developer, not Silverrock.

Thanks to the Danish game box, I now have a proof that the game titled HUGO was both sold in Danish and German version!

NOTE: The "På Nye Eventyr" and "På Nye Eventyr Del 2" were entered by someone else before me.
Hence, it seems that HUGO (DE/DK) stands for the complete version with all 4 levels (train, plane, mountain and forest), whereas "På Nye Eventyr" and "På Nye Eventyr Del 2" were split up in Mountain & Train levels (1) and Forest & Plane levels (2). Is that right?

So, what was the deal with selling the game in two parts after the whole part has been sold as well?!?

What was the publisher of HUGO?
Box says that ITE did development and production, but doesn't tell about the company who sold the game!
Unless I know that it's Silverrock, I will let the "Unknown" stay for now!

Lastly: seemingly only the second part was sold in German-speaking countries, while "Skærmtrolden Hugo" (Part 1!) exists in Danish only - is that correct as well?
Old 17 January 2005, 22:32   #2
Drake1009

I think this've been covered plenty of times. Well at least the part I can contribute with.

Hugo 2 På nye eventyr and Hugo 2 på nye eventyr del 2 was released in 2 versions because each of the versions took such a lot of space (I belivee it was 5 disks and 6 disks, or was it 4 and 5? I don't recall).
Anyway, in the TV gameshow which first featured Hugo (the first one and later the 2nd one) the player got to play 2 levels and the end level where you had to chose a piece of string to pull on. Thus they could sell one of the sets and still claim it being the entire piece because you'd have as much as they'd see on TV.
I also believe the second set of levels (which were then randomized into the sessions) were only included later on after the first set had been running for a while.

I'm sorry I can't tell you who published it with certainty since I never saw those titles in stores here. Only the followup games which came out later on, never took note of the publisher which might've changed anyway. My best bet would be the same people who published Oswald.
Old 28 November 2006, 22:33   #3
andreas
Zone Friend

Thanks for all this information!

Well I opened this thread back in 2005, and many things have been found meanwhile! A Danish game box of "Hugo" with all four games has eventually surfaced and is now in HOL!
http://hol.abime.net/754/boxscan

On the box, you can read in Danish that this 8-disk release contains ALL FOUR games!

So it seems to be correct that "Hugo" (as Hugo) is the release with all four games included, while the "På Nye Eventyr" was split up in two parts (Del 1 / Del 2).

THAT MEANS:

I eat my hat if "På Nye Eventyr" (1 + 2) does not happen to be the FIRST release of the new episodes! Drake you seem to be fully right: At the beginning, they published part 1 with two games, then, later, part 2 with another two games.
They also published a release with ALL FOUR games then, called it "Hugo", dropping the "På Nye Eventyr" subtitle.

So ... can I safely assume that the four-game (8-disk) version was released AFTER the two "På Nye Eventyr" ones, probably not until 1993?
Old 28 November 2006, 23:39   #4
Dizzy
Pirate

Well I do have to make some correction, the boxscan in HOL is NOT Danish but Norwegian.
I dont know if this box was released in Denmark, this could be a Norwegian only compilation.
Old 30 November 2006, 15:57   #5
andreas
Zone Friend

LOL?!

Good I resurrected this thread
Well it's REAL hard to distinguish Norwegian from Danish btw if you're not native DK/NO

This looks VERY plausible to me mate. It was released in Denmark in 2-part version (Del 1 / Del 2), THEN - after it was successful in his original country, Denmark - they decided to not give out the game in 2 parts again, but in one!

If someone from Denmark confirms that this 8-disk release has never shown up in DK, I will remove Danish/Denmark for this release.
But now ... I will extend the publishing range to Denmark AND Norway!
Thank you very much!

Yet I'm a bit unsure about the language ... could that 8-disk version be in Norwegian too then instead of Danish, i. e. localized?

If the game was left in its original language things will get WAY more complicated - we'd need a new HOL entry!

That is:
- for Norway: Hugo (Norwegian version) -> compilation of På Nye Eventyr Del1 AND Del 2
- for Germany: Hugo (German version) -> SPS #685 -> localized "compilation"; but there will be no compilation entry in HOL as for Germany, the two single parts were never sold separately but assembled "in-house"!

Last edited by andreas; 30 November 2006 at 16:49.
Old 30 November 2006, 18:49   #6
Ironclaw
Banned

For me, the Hugo series is Danish.. saw it on tv several times as a kid, it was in danish, saw it on tv shows where kids could ring in a play on their phones, it was in Danish.. have played Hugo, it was in Danish...
Old 30 November 2006, 19:07   #7
Dizzy
Pirate

Yeah Hugo is danish I even think that the danisj actor delivered the speech in most of the language

@andreas I know it's hard to tell the diff between danish and norwegian. When I use google and chose only result from Denmark I also get result from Norway

One way to tell the different is the way we spell international words
In Denamrk we often chose to use the english version while in Morway they make up their own word

Ex.

In Denmark we say Succesen
in Norway they say Suksessen
Old 30 November 2006, 19:11   #8
Ironclaw
Banned

Yeah, it's always Danish speech in the Hugo's I've seen.
Old 30 November 2006, 19:22   #9
hipoonios
Amiga Hardcore Gamer

There is a Swedish version aswell. But not in the Tosec or HOL. I have it somewhere on my old discs.

edit: just surfed around.. the game seems to be pretty rare.

Last edited by hipoonios; 30 November 2006 at 19:28.
Old 30 November 2006, 19:29   #10
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
We had Hugo here in France under the name "HUGO DELIRE", and the danish
dubber was dubbed by a guy in realtime on screen at the TV ^^ !

the good was so good, and we have videos of the french program ^^ hehe !
Old 30 November 2006, 20:12   #11
Ironclaw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipoonios
There is a Swedish version aswell. But not in the Tosec or HOL. I have it somewhere on my old discs.

edit: just surfed around.. the game seems to be pretty rare.
You have made a longplay (recording) of all the hugo games on Amiga, was any of those in Swedish?.... or you only recorded the Danish versions?
Old 30 November 2006, 20:23   #12
hipoonios
Amiga Hardcore Gamer

Hehe, the Swedish version was not in the Tosec, so I was to lazy to search my archive for it.. But I just found it on my old BBS

Here it is: http://213.66.191.49/eab/

8 .dms discs. Cracked by Dual Crew.

I hope someone can add this to the tosec.

Ironclaw: Recording a longplay of the Swedish version right now så mucka inte med kungen Olle.
Old 30 November 2006, 20:25   #13
amigamemo

Publisher in Germany was "NBG"
(Brunnenfeld 2-4
93133 Burgenfeld
Germany)

... "NBG - CD-Rom Distribution" is printed at the front of the box. (right next to the ITE logo)
Old 01 December 2006, 20:36   #14
andreas
Zone Friend

HELL YEAH!

Still miracles happening here...

thanks hipponios!
And also thanks a bunch to amigamemo for the german publisher, which I've deliberately left to unknown for > 1 years!
Hope you'll find time to scan in the german box someday (yes, I know time constraints are making it impossible for you at the moment)

Last edited by andreas; 01 December 2006 at 20:47.
Old 21 September 2010, 12:58   #15
s2325
Zone Friend

Hugo have also PSX version: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/939699-hugo/images/box-88492 (info missing in HOL)
Old 21 September 2010, 13:13   #16
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Thanks, added
Old 21 September 2010, 13:15   #17
s2325
Zone Friend

I bought today this version so I will check what is different.
Old 31 December 2010, 17:28   #18
s2325
Zone Friend

English version of Hugo 2 for PSX is bad joke. His voice is very annoying here but mini games in Amiga style are not too bad.
Old 14 May 2016, 18:59   #19
s2325
Zone Friend

Screenshots from Hugo for PC (DOS) [ Show youtube player ]