English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 08 June 2004, 14:33   #1
JudasEZT

Twintris - Shareware,Freeware or Commercial title??

Im almost everyday in HOL looking for games,.. man Im addicted. I enjoy like a mad.

Ive seen there are also PD/Shareware games apart of commercial titles. But Im surprised there isnt Twintris , that game was one of the more played at my home by me and my brothers (and we were five at the time, apart of my three nephews and our friends =) )

it was a a Tetris-clone but I guess was one of the firsts having two players on screen option and,.. the most memorable thing to me: super cool earthquakes when you made lines.. haha you disturbed the other player when you made three or four lines at a time..

The game also had very nice tunes typical from amiga demoscene, (I guess a pal from Kefrens). it was very professional made. I guess even there was a commercial release, but maybe Im mistaked

well, the point is that that game itsnt in HOL,.. anybody of you knew it?? should be included??
Old 08 June 2004, 15:08   #2
Galaxy

I'm pretty certain that Twintris was PD.
Old 08 June 2004, 15:23   #3
Frog

I've played a lot to this game too. Twintris was released in 1990 by Digital Marketing. The music was made by Tor Bernhard Gausen 'aka' Walkman / Cryptoburners. He's wellknown for making the music 'Klisje paa klisje' the module from Hunt Red October. It seems to original game is hard to find.
Old 08 June 2004, 19:40   #4
plasmatron
Zone Friend

TWINTRIS was a low budged game for 20 DM ( 10 Euros).

This game was published by Digital Marketing.

There was also an unreleased c64 version of this game. But it was lame.

The AMIGA version was the best TETRIS clone ever for me.
Old 08 June 2004, 21:01   #5
Kodoichi
Banned

Location: I'm the smiling face on your TV, I exploit you still you love me
If I remember correctly, there are 2 versions of this game with different copyrights, one by Svejn Berge (or whatever his name is spelled) and one by Digital Marketing.

The DM one is probably a commercial re-release.
Old 10 June 2004, 06:02   #6
Medvind

Super Twintris - Super Enhanced Version by Big Brother Copy was included on the Amiga Action issue 34 coverdisk, that's all I know. And that one is a PD. Don'r know how it differs from the straight Twintris version. Great music in this one though. Might even rip it.
Old 10 June 2004, 07:51   #7
tomcat666
Retro Freak

Anyone has a pre-release version of Twintris by Svej Berge ? It was VERY pre-release - no real menus, etc. and you could select two MOD files in a CLI menu before the game started. I had this one on a floppy which is totally damaged One of the musics was Cambodia.
Old 10 June 2004, 10:57   #8
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Twintris has now been added to HOL - the developer/publisher information is still not 100% but we are working on it...