English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 13 January 2013, 17:04   #1
nexusle
Banned

Question Open [game] manuals from inside FS-UAE

Hi Frode,

do you have spend some time in the integration to open manuals (i.e. as PDF) from inside FS-UAE? This would be very helpful if a game wants to insert a copy protection code based on the games manual.

I don't know how important this is for other people. Also I don't know how strong it is to implement. But this is one of MY most important features in FS-UAE .

Best regards

Last edited by FrodeSolheim; 13 January 2013 at 21:30.
Old 13 January 2013, 21:30   #2
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

I do intend to include a feature to be able to open manuals / documentation from within the emulator UI, but I have not done any work for this yet. While I do want to see it implemented, it has lower priority than some other stuff on my todo list
Old 14 January 2013, 14:21   #3
Silhouette

I used FS-UAE quite a lot this weekend, and this was one of the things I thought would have been nice to have.
Old 25 January 2013, 16:49   #4
thundercato

I agree this would/will be a great feature. At the moment I have put all the manuals I need on to my iPad, but it would be much cooler/easier to access them via the UI. Is this something we could start the ground work for now? Perhaps locating and uploading manuals? Obviously code wheels would need some further discussion on how they would be implemented.

Old 25 January 2013, 17:40   #5
nexusle
Banned

Hmm..
For code wheels, there is a need of, maybe, flash implementation. So you could put a flash animated code wheel in "Documents/FS-UAE/Code Wheels/[GAME NAME or UUID]/codewheel.xxx"

Last edited by prowler; 30 August 2013 at 01:25. Reason: Rewind.
Old 25 January 2013, 21:30   #6
thundercato

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexusle View Post
Hmm..
For code wheels, there is a need of, maybe, flash implementation. So you could put a flash animated code wheel in "Documents/FS-UAE/Code Wheels/[GAME NAME or UUID]/codewheel.xxx"
I would think that the code wheel could be two png images, with the inner sections holes (Where the codes are shown) transparent. Then you could use the joystick to spin it round? I guess the issue there would be finding scans, would be awesome to see it working though.