English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 21 November 2001, 23:01   #1
Drake1009

Name of animation?

I know this is probably the wrong place because I don't even know how to classify this.

It was some years ago (after the release of win95). We had a show on television which had stuff like games reviews, movie reviews and the like. I never really got around to seeing it much but once I was watching it I saw an animation (rendered on an Amiga I think) which I'd actually like to see again. It was sort of 3D rendered (Raytracing?). I can't remember all that much except the setting and a couple of loose images. The scene is a desolate miserable city which seemed to seep with hopelessness, the fact that there were Microsoft logos all over didn't do anything to make it a more cheery place. You see a boy walking down the street hanging his head while trudging along the streets. Suddently he notices a thing on the ground and picks it up. It's a flyer for Amiga (I know this because of the Boing ball on the slip of paper and the fact that the only speech is here where the boy exclaims "Amiga" in a happy voice). Immediately of course a "MS Cop" (or something like that) tries to get the kid to put down his ray of light in the miserable world.

This is about what I remember of it but I think there was quite a bit afterwards.

Can anyone tell me who made it and if it's possible to find it anywhere on the net? I don't think it was realtime rendered though so it'd be a bit hard coming up with I'm afraid.
Old 22 November 2001, 04:28   #2
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Yes, please!!! I must have this animation!!!
Old 06 December 2001, 06:01   #3
Oscar Castillo

Send a message via AIM to Oscar Castillo
I vaguely recall an anim like you describe. I recently was thinking about some older anims which I do not have anymore. And was wondering where to post to see where I might find it. Anyone recall the Sculpt Animate 3D anim I believe it was called Insectoid. It was an insect-like robot carrying a laser-rifle, running over a checkerd floor. I think it was the first time I saw fluid character animation on the Amiga using a 3D program.
Old 06 December 2001, 10:00   #4
Tim Janssen

Lightbulb Amiga animation videos

That MS-animation doesn't ring a bell.
What I do know is that throughout the years Amiga animation videos on VHS-tape have appeared. These tapes were full of short inventive animations created with Deluxe-Paint, Raytrace programs and similar programs. Maybe the animation program you are looking for is on one of these tapes. Finding these tapes can be difficult, I think.
Old 06 December 2001, 12:30   #5
Drake1009

I think it must've been a VHS one since it would be way too much to calculate real time I'm afraid. It was fairly well detailed and everything.
Old 07 December 2001, 19:03   #6
Amiga1992

Anotehr animation question!

The other day I was watching a channel that is dedicated to animation of all sorts (specially anime )

In a feature that ahd lots of computerised animations, teher was one that featured teh famous "stickmen"... lots of them doing crazy shite, at glorious lowres... at the end of the anim, a GURU MEDITATION! error appeared and squashed them all. Then I realised the previous animation was entirely done in the Amiga!

Does anybody know who made this, and where could I get it? It was amazing, shame I didnt videotaped it!!!
Old 10 December 2001, 08:24   #7
Tim Janssen

Question Linus animation?

I am not sure what that 'stickmen' animation is about. Do you mean 'Linus'? This is an animation made out of a single line. It has starring a loud 'n' noisy man with a large nose. Many 'Linus' episodes have appeared and one is even converted to Amiga in 1992. I have seen this animation once on an Amiga on a copyparty and when I come to think of it, it ended with a Guru-meditation!
I think the animationprogram is simply called Linus but I have to look up the review of it in an Amiga Format magazine.
Old 10 December 2001, 13:00   #8
Tim Janssen

Floppy disk Download Linus here...

Amigaboy attended me that the Linus-animation can be downloaded here. Many thanks for that.
I haven't tested the demo yet (I am at work, you know) but it seems to feature the 'Guru-meditation' joke.