English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. General

Old 30 December 2018, 01:14   #1
ROM

Easy Amos keyboard issue?

Hi,
I decide to try and learn Easy Amos and was following the manuals first tutorial that has me type in commands and i found out that a few of my keys are not typing the proper characters first one is " which should be Shift + the actual key but it gives me the @ and if i do Shift + 2 i should get @ but I get the " Character. I tested keys outside of Easy Amos and it works fine its only while in Easy Amos. Has anyone seen this before and or not how to fix it? maybe a bug in Easy Amos itself.

Thanks
Old 30 December 2018, 02:11   #2
roondar

Sounds like it's stuck using the UK keyboard layout.
You might be able to fix it by either deleting the devs/system-configuration file from the Easy AMOS disk, or copying the devs/system-configuration file from your Workbench disk onto the Easy AMOS disk (in the same directory).

However: If this is an original Easy AMOS disk, you should make a copy of the disk first and do the change on there (and then use the copy from then on). Old disks do not always like being written to, in my experience.
Old 30 December 2018, 02:25   #3
ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roondar View Post
Sounds like it's stuck using the UK keyboard layout.
You might be able to fix it by either deleting the devs/system-configuration file from the Easy AMOS disk, or copying the devs/system-configuration file from your Workbench disk onto the Easy AMOS disk (in the same directory).

However: If this is an original Easy AMOS disk, you should make a copy of the disk first and do the change on there (and then use the copy from then on). Old disks do not always like being written to, in my experience.
I'll give that a try thanks a lot Roondar