English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 23 June 2011, 13:42   #1
CaptainNow
Eleventh Hour Games

Are there any Amos Pro programmers still making games?

Hi all.
I was wondering about this last night, I know that the Amiga still has a loyal following and is no doubt growing slowly but surely, but are there any teams out there producing games still, in Amos or Amos Pro and are they making any money from them?
I assume any games made now would be purely for fun, but I thought I would as you guys. Over the last 6 months I have gotten more and more passionately into emulation for the good old Amiga, I even dug out my 1200 from storage (which may have suffered due to damp, the rf wont work on my telly any more).
Old 23 June 2011, 14:16   #2
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

You could try your luck on Amos Factory as well
Old 23 June 2011, 16:35   #3
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Im trying to get a platformer engine together
Ive got collision, unlimted 2 way scolling done many tests Firing etc tested on 68000 and getting decent speed.
Ill try! and do 4/8 way scrolling
Graphics are a problem im no good - ill upload a video at some point of the engine runnung with graphics from other games.
Old 23 June 2011, 18:00   #4
Lonewolf10
AMOS Extensions Developer

I have made a few (crappy) ones that are on Aminet (see link in my signiture).

In the right hands AMOS can be used to make some great games. Right now I'm working on a demo (in assembler) and then will probably go on to make a port of a Spectrum game I made - but in all likelyhood I'll probably code it in assembler as it gives me full control over the Amiga with maximum speed possible.
Getting the maximum speed in AMOS can be tricky, but I still use AMOS to code tools I use (e.g. bitmap (16 colours or less) to IFF conversion).

Regards,
Lonewolf10
Old 06 July 2011, 17:16   #5
CaptainNow
Eleventh Hour Games

Thanks for the replies guys, I have neglected this thread! I just remembered about it!

Boo Boo, I would love to see your work! Maybe I could help out sometime? I still enjoy producing gfx for games.

Lonewolf10, I will have to check your work out. I have unlimited respect for those who know assembler, and those who can read heiroglyphics...to me they're pretty much the same, except heiroglyphs are easier.
Old 06 July 2011, 19:36   #6
Djay
95th User

I am right in the middle of a project using Amos pro, got most of main engine working, done a little bit of the graphics, which are static hand drawn backgrounds... Need to do all of the sprites still.. Haven't started on the audio yet...

I should have a working demo of the main game done within about 2 months, but it will be missing a lot of content...

The full game should be out by Christmas and will be free
Old 06 July 2011, 20:03   #7
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Id be happy to upload a video maybe Demo im just using Toki Graphics for testing its a project id like to finish and has been fun - doing 8 way scrolling will be tedious if I decide to do that. Staring to realise it will take a lot longer than I thought.
Old 06 July 2011, 20:06   #8
Djay
95th User

I was hoping that once I have a working demo (video) in place, i might be able to rope someone else in to do the graphics and maybe even the sound...
Old 06 July 2011, 21:57   #9
CaptainNow
Eleventh Hour Games

Hey Djay, I would love to help out with the gfx if I am able, if you can show me what you're working on I would love to help at some point. I am still very passionate about Amiga games.

Boo Boo, I hope you succeed in what you need to create, I remember Kev had so end of trouble in creating 8 way scrolling in Amos Pro, so I hope you get to where you need to be.