English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 21 January 2003, 12:34   #1
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Legoland Space

Hey guys, this is fondly rememdered. Legoland!

http://www.brickmeister.com/pause/space.html
Old 21 January 2003, 13:16   #2
blackcornflake

Aww man!!!

Legoland Space ROCKS!

Excellent site... the author obviously had lots of fun with it as a kid, same as myself and loads of others, no doubt. He is so right about Star Wars being a big influence on one's young imagination, and being able to play stuff out with Lego was just... cool.
Old 21 January 2003, 14:23   #3
Tim Janssen

Thumbs up Lego Space rules

This site is awesome! It features many Lego vehicles I once bought. I always desperately wanted the huge Galaxy Explorer but only got little vehicles and ships like the Shuttle Craft and Surface Transport. But hey, the spacemen were in black and yellow instead of red and white and that is what counted.
Anyway, I still have all these little drawn manuals which guide you step-by-step in building the vehicles. Maybe I should contact the author of that site.
Old 21 January 2003, 20:42   #4
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

I was traumatized when the yellow spacemen came out. Did you guys know that you can duplicate every model ever, and make your own, on your comp with a Lego CAD program? i wonder if I can remake LegoLand I built with my brother 20 years ago?
i used to order sets from Magasin Du Nord. European sets were very rare in the USA.

http://www.lugnet.com/
Old 21 January 2003, 20:45   #5
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Tim, me too. I have most of my sets also. There are manuals to download online, new parts being computerized, etc.
Old 21 January 2003, 20:48   #6
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

This was my first Legoland set. But on remembering, i had The Coast Gaurd Station, the first Police Station and and Fire Station before it. And a few space sets too. But this one set really startted me rolling.
Old 22 January 2003, 06:28   #7
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Old 22 January 2003, 06:28   #8
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Old 22 January 2003, 10:40   #9
Tim Janssen

Smile lEGO

Hey Fred, Are the photos of the Star Wars Lego-toys taken from your personal collection? I saw Star Wars Lego a couple of years ago in toystores but bought a Jar-Jar tootbrush set instead. It is still in plastic and will become a valuable collectors-item (in the year 2150 or so )

I cannot remember what the first set was I bought or got from Santa, but I definitely got the Town-square set on my seventh birthday (see pic). I was disappointed when I saw the black blocky horse, because in the very same year (1983) the Midieval-Lego sets got real horses.
Old 22 January 2003, 13:27   #10
Guede

I can remember when the technical lego with the motors came out and the little brother got a couple of sets for xmas. We built a short wheel based Toyota Landcuiser with a stern driven half cabin on a trailer. And to this day it still sits on top of the old chooks stereo (20+ years?).

If I had a bloody camera I could put up a photo of it.
Old 22 January 2003, 16:26   #11
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Re: lEGO

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Janssen
Hey Fred, Are the photos of the Star Wars Lego-toys taken from your personal collection? I saw Star Wars Lego a couple of years ago in toystores but bought a Jar-Jar tootbrush set instead. It is still in plastic and will become a valuable collectors-item (in the year 2150 or so )

I cannot remember what the first set was I bought or got from Santa, but I definitely got the Town-square set on my seventh birthday (see pic). I was disappointed when I saw the black blocky horse, because in the very same year (1983) the Midieval-Lego sets got real horses.
No Tim, I got them from Lugnet, which is the greatest Lego site of all, and is a must for any Lego nut.

@that pic....WOW! I would have loved that set! I never saw it. From the looks of the horse and the yellow bricks of the castle, that's dfefinitely pre-1984 I am not sure if the cool horses came out in 1983. Maybe they did, being us yanks were always behind.
I think your set si similar to the Main Street set.
Old 22 January 2003, 16:28   #12
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Looking at the set closely, the awning, the streetlamp style, the ugly windsheild on the car, the 2 seat thing, the use of the unarticulated manthing statue..I'd have to guess your set is from 1980, and not 1984. I'll d a Lugnet search for the set's serial #.
Some of the elements are similar to my Main Street set, which was from1980.
Old 22 January 2003, 16:33   #13
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Sorry, I am wrong. 1983 it is. strange how they used outmoded elements and design in this one.

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/1592

The show below is of the same set, but for the Dutch market, as you can see by the flag. And the little food kiosk in this set is "Soup Und Wurst" as opposed to the "Fish And Chips" for the U.K market.

Last edited by Fred the Fop; 22 January 2003 at 17:17.
Old 22 January 2003, 19:10   #14
Traquer

You guys will be so envious of me
I have a shitload of lego, i mean a shitload. I have 2 boxed space sets, but about 15 unboxed, i have enough plane bricks to build a MASSIVE house. I have about 10 boxes of technic, all the cowboy lego, most of the indians lego, 3 sets of the new star wars stuff, lots of medievil themed stuff (castle etc.) And loads of miscellaneous bits in boxes. I bought 80% second hand when i was a kid.

Old 23 January 2003, 17:31   #15
Mr Softy

Send a message via ICQ to Mr Softy Send a message via MSN to Mr Softy
Smile

Those are the sets I was really proud of:

This one...
And this one.

Now they must be somewhere in some attic.
Old 24 January 2003, 10:36   #16
Tim Janssen

Eek Where are my Lego sets?

This thread really has disturbed my 'inner piece' because I also remember I had a Lego train set, midieval castle, Fabuland toys and so on. When my little nephue stayed at home at my house a couple of weeks ago, I only found a small box with basic Lego toys he could play with. I don't know what has happened to all my Lego sets! I really hope it is hidden somewhere at the attic but I have a disturbing feeling I have sold it many years ago only to buy a console with it.

@Fred,
I am almost 100% confident I have/had the UK-set of the Town-square. The "Fish And Chips" sign were one of the first English words I could read.