English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 15 June 2006, 20:57   #1
Da Rush
Zone Friend

favour please

hi people,
I was wandering if theres any1 out there who could put me a game called sneech from the data base on to an amiga flopy disk please, its only 1 disk and of course i would be willing to pay for the labour + disk + stamp
i auta learn how to do it myself but dont have the time or the technology, so if some one is willing to help me out i would be very greatfull and u can drop me a line either here or e-mail me at www.Dangerrush2005@hotmail.co.uk then we can take it from there

Thanks for reading
Old 15 June 2006, 21:17   #2
Smiley
Amiga-less!

Its odd that the one I pulled from planetemu and copied to disk had checksum errors.

I did a full format with no errors.

May have been knocked during postage or the planetemu image is dodgy.

Anyone confirm this?
Old 15 June 2006, 21:40   #3
Da Rush
Zone Friend

hey up smily m8,
i got it a little wrong, as ive tryed the disk again and it was not a checksum error it was actualy a read error on a block witch i cant remember , but i dunno if it still makes any difference or not as im only novice
Old 16 June 2006, 02:48   #4
PaulyQ

Just checked both tosec images with xcopy to verify integrity. Worked on A1200 and also Uae. All seems OK.
Old 16 June 2006, 14:59   #5
Da Rush
Zone Friend

ok nice 1, good to know that it works but would there be any1 who would put it on to a disk for me and post it, i know its a hassle but if any1 would be willing to do this i would pay u a fiver for taking the time out to do it. I know it's not alot but i was hoping that some1 has the set up to do it straight away rather than have to set up an actual amiga just to do 1 disk. if sombody is willing to do it me just let me know please
Old 16 June 2006, 15:35   #6
Heavyweight7t6

Send a message via Yahoo to Heavyweight7t6
Reminds of jiffy trading...ah those were the days...re-using stamps...*cough* I mean jiffy bags....and waiting for loads of hot demo warez to turn up
Old 16 June 2006, 15:40   #7
Da Rush
Zone Friend

speak english brother, are u tryin to say this is dodgy or summat?
Old 16 June 2006, 15:48   #8
Heavyweight7t6

Not at all...sorry you thought that.....
Old 16 June 2006, 15:55   #9
Da Rush
Zone Friend

sorry man, but whats jiffy trading?
Old 16 June 2006, 15:58   #10
Heavyweight7t6

Oh right ! ok mate before modems we all use to swap demos via post - using jiffy bags...
we would send between 5-10 disks and some stamps to another jiffy trader who would then send some new demos / utils or whatever to me. He would then copy my stuff and send it on to someone else. Modem trading was slow and cost a fortune......
Old 16 June 2006, 16:15   #11
Da Rush
Zone Friend

fair play m8ty, sounds a laugh man, i can fully understand the need to do this and i bet the waiting in between time was a bit teadious, but i bet it was all worth it in the end. and your right it does sound the same situation that im in.
Old 16 June 2006, 16:30   #12
Heavyweight7t6

I have alot good memories from the early 90's. I use to love reading the grapevine scene diskmag - and watching the music demos from europe!.
Old 16 June 2006, 16:39   #13
Da Rush
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyweight7t6
I have alot good memories from the early 90's
same here m8. everything i had that i used to like from back then all got sold some time ago and it now my mission in life to get it all back this includes my A1200 + all the games i loved, sega saturn + games street fighter 2 on the megadrive and much more which i have now completed.
Bring back the good old days

or am i hangin on to my child hood ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,who cares , not me
Old 16 June 2006, 16:46   #14
Heavyweight7t6

Exactly my missus cant understand why I spend cash on an old system...my ex-workmates thought I was round the barny....

Re-live my youth...oh yes and have lots of fun re-learning the joys of Amiga....
Old 16 June 2006, 16:51   #15
Da Rush
Zone Friend

too right m8, too right
Old 17 June 2006, 22:36   #16
PaulyQ

No disrespect - but I can't understand why you can;t just bounce the ADF onto a floppy yourself?

ADFBlitzer is the tool to do it. Just make sure your using a Double Density Floppy Disk.
Old 18 June 2006, 01:12   #17
mr_0rga5m
Tik Gora :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyweight7t6
Reminds of jiffy trading...ah those were the days...re-using stamps...*cough* I mean jiffy bags....and waiting for loads of hot demo warez to turn up
A friend and myself had stern letters from the royal mail telling us to cease our fraudulent activities regarding the `re-usuable` stamps.

Stop? ... Heh did we bollocks.
Old 18 June 2006, 02:50   #18
PaulyQ

@mr_0rga5m

erm... Snap.... that was in 1994 LMAO!! They found a certain, famous 3D rendering package that just happened to get torn in transit. The silly bugger that sent it actualy labelled the disks.
Old 20 June 2006, 07:26   #19
Da Rush
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulyQ
No disrespect - but I can't understand why you can;t just bounce the ADF onto a floppy yourself?

ADFBlitzer is the tool to do it. Just make sure your using a Double Density Floppy Disk.
well its sorta like this (im an idiot) well maybe not quite an idiot but more of an amiture you might say, basicly its like this i can tell be the way that alot of people talk on here that they know things about the amiga that i did'nt even realize was possible i mean i just had look at the workbench topic at the top of the main page and f*ck me i was gobsmacked i did'nt have a clue that u could do such thing with the workbench and tbh i can just barely set up a hard drive without fuickin the whole machine up. so basicly just reading what some of u people say about the potential of the amiga just leaves me in awe. i love my amiga anyway but now ive found this forum ive found a new apreachiation for the amiga and the whole scene in general. but at the moment im just a little fish in the big bad ocean and im gonna try build up my knowlage and skills, but its gonna take some time.
so basicly to reply your post all i can say is at the moment i've had a list of my old favorete game's witch i wanted play for now. but am very soon gonna start to look into buying the equipment to be able to download the adf images to my own floppys as soon as i feel that i know enough to be confident that the money that i will be putting into this opperation will not go to waste due to me being a novice. im hoping that it is going to be alot easier than i ever imagened it to be, but at the minuite im happy with what ive got and i will get there in the end (even if it kills me lol)