English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 04 February 2020, 12:50   #1
gbasource

Help with setting up compact flash in pcmcia?

I have a pcmcia compact flash card adapter and a sandisk extreme III 4gb CF card. I dont have a hard drive installed in the amiga 1200 whatsoever. All the tutorials I find mention copying files from your created workbench disk over to your system partition on your hard drive but since theres no hard drive plugged into my amiga to begin with i cant. All the tutorials assume im using an ide cable inside the amiga too. If I try creating a modified workbench disk with the cfo , fat95 and lha files added to a floppy for the amiga. then they dont fit on to the floppy. Can someone provide me with an easy to follow step by step guide to doing this in winuae (how to format the compact flash correctly, what files go where etc). The end result im after is my compact flash being detected in the pcmcia slot whenever i boot up the amiga into workbench. My compact flash card is a known compatible card.
Old 04 February 2020, 21:20   #2
solarmon

Hi.

You might find this summary guide useful:

https://drive.google.com/a/one-n.co....w?usp=drivesdk
Old 04 February 2020, 23:02   #3
gbasource

I used the amiga kit boot disk in the end and the compact flash was detected. i installed workbench 3.0 onto it but now when I go to open anything in the prefs folder it keeps saying it cannot load iffparse.library V39