English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 17 September 2020, 15:17   #1
Lektroid

How can I remove wallpaper from desktop?

I have ClassicWB, which I bought preinstalled on a CF, I'm happy with it, but it has a wallpaper which I cannot seem to find a way to remove and replace with the original plain blue Commodore Workbench background colour. I have played around with various screen prefs, including WBPattern, which appears to do nothing, despite what settings I play with.

I'm sure it should be a simple thing to remove a wallpaper, but I am tearing my hair out trying to find it.
Old 17 September 2020, 15:54   #2
npagonis73

All that is taken over by Scalos in CWB. All screen customization and interface is taken over so the traditional WB pattern etc don’t work anymore.I don’t use CWB but either in prefs or in folder programs you should find scalos and and all it’s prefs.
Old 17 September 2020, 16:43   #3
Lektroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by npagonis73 View Post
All that is taken over by Scalos in CWB. All screen customization and interface is taken over so the traditional WB pattern etc don’t work anymore.I don’t use CWB but either in prefs or in folder programs you should find scalos and and all it’s prefs.

Ace, Thank you! That's got rid of the hideous wallpaper, now I have a desktop that fades from purple to green, also not so pleasant to look at. I would like to change this to WB1.3 blue. In fact I want the whole desktop, icons, menus, etc. to look like WB1.3. Is there a quick way to do this too?
Old 17 September 2020, 16:57   #4
npagonis73

Glad I helped with that. Regarding the theme I don’t personally know cause I never had anything below 3.1 but check this out: https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=63535 . Hope it helps
Old 17 September 2020, 17:05   #5
npagonis73

Also I found this. It seems it is included in those versions of CWB. Check it and let us know.

http://forum.classicamiga.com/forum/...emes-available!
Old 17 September 2020, 17:21   #6
Lektroid

Quote:
Also I found this. It seems it is included in those versions of CWB. Check it and let us know.

http://forum.classicamiga.com/forum/...emes-available!

This looks awesome, thanks again! Unfortunately I can't seem to find any instructions on how to access or install these themes...
Old 17 September 2020, 17:30   #7
npagonis73

Check any guide files in yr installation folder. There should be somewhere
Old 17 September 2020, 19:31   #8
Lektroid

Quote:
Check any guide files in yr installation folder. There should be somewhere

I've had a look, but I didn't install this OS, I come from an A500 background and never used an SSD (CF card) with the Amiga. I bought the CF with this OS already installed. I have no idea how to find the installation folder. I have 4 main icons on the desktop:

System
Work
Games1
Games

I've had a look in all of these but don't see an installation folder or anything called guide files. I'm guessing it's hidden away in a sub folder somewhere?

Once I find the guide files, is it as simple as double clicking and following the on screen prompts, or will I need to manually copy various files into various places in the drive?
Old 17 September 2020, 19:53   #9
npagonis73

Usually in WB it is never as simple as click and sit back and follow the installation script. Usually the theme is installed when you install the CWB but I am sure there is a way to do it after. I have an old Classic WB SP adv installation on a CF somewhere and I will have a look later tonight if I find time and let you know.
Old 18 September 2020, 16:28   #10
npagonis73

Unfortunately I can’t find my cf CWB installation. I am sorry but I can’t help you with the theme installation
Old 19 September 2020, 00:05   #11
Lektroid

Quote:
Unfortunately I can’t find my cf CWB installation. I am sorry but I can’t help you with the theme installation
No problem, thanks for trying, at least you helped me get that dreaded wallpaper off.

I'll keep persevering until I manage to find how to install the WB1.3 theme. Maybe someone else has already done this, or knows a tutorial (although I couldn't find anything with a google search)