English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > Amiga websites reviews

Old 18 June 2021, 15:58   #21
kriz

That you get extra taxes on packages is nothing special, but this is UK that will handle.. If i send a package to the UK it will go fine, but extra customs may appear.. That is why i always tell people to label package 10Euro, for not so much extra taxes (Norway is also not in EU, so same "problem")...
Old 19 June 2021, 10:26   #22
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Labels... Our custom offices want a proof, they do not care about labels. Last time I had to send them the paypal invoice and fill 4 additional papers.
Old 19 June 2021, 12:27   #23
Exodous

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylon View Post
And yet plenty of other places are happy to post to the UK so it's not an insurmountable problem. Anyway it is what it is - just disappointing that's all.
Post Brexit, any products with a value of less than £135 coming into the UK from the EU must have UK VAT collected at the point of sale.

This means that the EU seller has to register for a UK VAT number, collect that VAT and undertake UK VAT returns to pay it to the UK government. For many EU small traders, the effort and costs in undertaking this process doesn't make selling to the UK financially viable. I therefore completely understand DSD Games' position.

For goods with a value over £135, the VAT will be claimed by UK customs at the border. This is why some EU stores will still trade with the UK, but have a minimum order value of £135, for example iComp, as they don't have to do anything particularly different in this scenario.

If you want some light bedtime reading, the process is covered in the "Border Operating Model" section 1.1.4 "Consignments of Value Below £135" and can be found at:

https://assets.publishing.service.go...PModel__2_.pdf

No doubt, just as some far eastern vendors make creative export declarations, there are European vendors who will be prepared do the same.