Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware > Hardware mods

Old 03 May 2020, 08:27   #21
RetroPanic

Does some know why
https://www.amigapcb.org/
Is not working?
Old 03 May 2020, 14:16   #22
jbilander

Probably because of post #38 in thread below?. Sad if that is the case. It was an excellent tool for troubleshooting.

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=99872&page=2
Old 03 May 2020, 14:28   #23
wiz12

The site is now working again.
Old 03 May 2020, 15:13   #24
RetroPanic

Would think it is a good time to donate a bit there
Old 03 May 2020, 19:15   #25
CD32Freak

The site probably generated more traffic, because of my converted gerber files I told Scrat that people would still need his site as a reference
Old 03 May 2020, 19:51   #26
RetroPanic

Just did a donation @Scrat I assume, thanks for your work
Old 31 July 2020, 18:05   #27
Chucky

Oh I always believed this was done with Scrats approvements. but that wasn't so..

oh. you should have checked that first.. :-(

now it seems we will not have that great tool anymore. this is a very sad moment.
Old 31 July 2020, 18:57   #28
highpuff

You simply do not just rip sites without permission. This is indeed a very sad moment
Old 01 August 2020, 15:00   #29
Charles Littell

That is pretty sad that you did that, the guy has put a lot of work putting all that information up on the site for all of us to use and now he is no longer supporting his site.

Thank you for nothing!
Old 02 August 2020, 03:26   #30
rvctech

To all the people that posted in the last recent days, do you realise that you are responding to something from 3 months ago that is no longer relevant?

While I personally disagree with the cloning and mass-manufacture of original Amiga motherboards that these files could encourage (say goodbye to spare parts and say hello to harvesting and destruction of parts from working machines) - AmigaPCB.org is working fine. I see no evidence of it now being unsupported. In fact the maintainer just updated it in July to warn people that the A600 motherboard is from pre-beta data and should be used with caution!

Does anyone even bother to fact check before they post, or has excessive use of Facebook caused you to lose touch with reality?

Last edited by rvctech; 02 August 2020 at 10:37.
Old 02 August 2020, 10:42   #31
Chucky

the author told vert clear in "Commodore Amiga" group on facebook that it is now "as is" and if it crashes. so be it. it is dead and never more maintained due to the "gerberfiles" made.. (that none is btw working)

so factchecking is very much done.. also checked with him directly!. it is a dead-end so far unless we can make he change his mind.
Old 02 August 2020, 10:47   #32
Chucky

Old 02 August 2020, 10:49   #33
Chucky

I can tell that during my ReAmiga projects. I had discussion with him and he have been more than helpful.. so that's why I always was thinking this was done with his good permission.. but this wasn't the case sadly.
Old 02 August 2020, 12:11   #34
rvctech

Hi Chucky,

I don't use Facebook , thanks for posting it here and providing some context.

This is a big change in his position, if one goes to page 1 of this same thread, he wrote "No worries. I expected that someone would do this eventually..."

Strange that he is now upset. These Gerber files can never replace the versatility of a website like AmigaPCB.org, and he never owned the manufacturing data which was leaked from, and created by Commodore.
Old 02 August 2020, 12:16   #35
Chucky

Well we do not know if there is something outside this thread that have been discussed and not held etc.

the data he had might be leaked from commodore. but it was not "just to use" anyway. there is a lot of work involved creating netlists etc.

and the gerbers produced. I did a check of them last night. all i can say that none of them will even work. actually it can be some quite "interesting" shorts..
Old 02 August 2020, 12:43   #36
rvctech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Well we do not know if there is something outside this thread that have been discussed and not held etc.

the data he had might be leaked from commodore. but it was not "just to use" anyway. there is a lot of work involved creating netlists etc.

and the gerbers produced. I did a check of them last night. all i can say that none of them will even work. actually it can be some quite "interesting" shorts..
As far as I know, all that happened was that the plot data was extracted and converted to Gerber. There was no ripping of netlists from AmigaPCB.org. The unique ability to check nets on AmigaPCB.org cannot be replicated with these Gerbers and so the hard work of Scrat was not compromised in my opinion. Most people do not even have the tools and understanding to interpret Gerber files.

I feel 100% certain that the data was directly leaked from Commodore, I say this because I was also able to independently convert the plot data on AmigaPCB.org to a Gerber too (I never released it though, out of respect, and because I do not want people to make these boards). I could see from my analysis that the data on AmigaPCB.org was a direct translation of photo plot data (probably the original Commodore Gerbers). In fact AmigaPCB.org uses SVG which has much similarity to Gerber.

It is true that these Gerbers had some "errors in translation" . Also some of them are for pre-production boards that Commodore never released (like the A600 2A). Those pre-production boards do not even work.
Old 02 August 2020, 21:27   #37
CD32Freak

Floppy disk

@Chucky
Can you give me the direct URL to the sh!t that hit the fan on Faecesbook (pun intended )? Thanks in advance.

I was always open about how I did it, but I could have kept it a secret and not give the Gerber files away, but my urge for knowledge and (even more important) sharing that knowledge with other people was always my motivation. Honestly, I don't understand why Scrat is so secretive about the origin of the orginal Commodore data and (like rvctech wrote before) so possessive about it. The code of the PCB explorer was always wide open to the public if you know how to use the Chrome Developer Tools. All I did was, save the HTML of the individual layers, change stylesheet.php to stylesheet.css (thát was the protection, rvctech ), print to PDF, import PDF into FAB3000 and finally export to Gerber. Thanks to rvctech, now I know you can do it much faster by importing the SVG data directly into Altium Designer..lol..Knowledge is king, man!
Old 02 August 2020, 21:30   #38
Chucky

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Comm...7667350124157/
Old 03 August 2020, 03:27   #39
rvctech

CD32Freak,

You can't load SVG directly into Altium (I did not say that you could). But you can convert the SVG data to an intermediary format and then load it into Altium. It still requires manual effort, and it does not result in any netlists or anything like that of course. It's only graphical photo plots of layers (which can then be exported to Gerber).
Old 08 October 2021, 10:11   #40
Ratteler

Just a bump. I'm looking for a base to try and layout an ITX 1200/4000 in gaKiCad.
I'm also just trying to collect Gerber files for all Amigas to future proof my personal archive.