English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. Language

Old 09 February 2014, 14:04   #1
Yesideez
(2b)||!(2b)

Teething trouble in SAS/C

I think my first post was in the wrong place and I've now found this place

First, please accept my apology for appearing a bit backwards as I've only just got back from hospital from an ambulance trip due to a severe back problem. I've been sent home with a bottle morphine, packet of diazepam and a box of extra strong ibuprofen. I've stopped taking the morphine as I think it's making me nauseous.

Right, down to C.

A few days ago I installed SAS/C v6.5 from floppy disk images and thanks to someone on here, have finally managed to upgrade it to v6.58.

Yesterday evening I spent about an hour going through the dev/c on Aminet downloading loads of C stuff to try and make my learning process a bit quicker. Some I found interesting and I've not yet finished looking through as all I seem to find at the moment is stuff I don't need.

With help I've managed to finally open a couple libraries and close them again. It's nothing like assembler, seems so much easier using that at the moment but I'm determined to crack this.

Just wondering - I know the basics of what includes to include in but how do you know which ones to includes? A couple times I've found myself including something which I thought was the right one only to discover the compiler doesn't like it and I've had to try another, sometimes using PPMore to view the files to try and figure it out.

Last edited by Yesideez; 09 February 2014 at 14:12.
Old 09 February 2014, 15:09   #2
thomas

Is most cases you get all you need automatically by just including the library prototypes. For example if you want to use windows and screens you would use intuition.library and thus #include <proto/intuition.h>. If you also want to draw something you'd use graphics.library and #include <proto/graphics.h>, too. Similarly for other libraries.

Only for some advanced topics you have to include other files in addition. For example if you wish to use BOOPSI images you'd need to #include <intuition/imageclass.h>. You'll find this out by trying.
Old 09 February 2014, 21:58   #3
Yesideez
(2b)||!(2b)

Thanks, I forgot I made thi topic - just spent ages trying to find where GA_Disabled is set.

I'm going to head off to bed shortly although as much as I have loads of determination to learn but my head is stuffed full of meds and I can't type easily.