English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 29 December 2022, 00:03   #61
BarryB
Amigaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
Easy enough to reset hiscores
I just read my manual and no mention of resetting it in-game, how to draw your signature etc, so how does one reset the high score?
Old 29 December 2022, 09:41   #62
kremiso

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
I just read my manual and no mention of resetting it in-game, how to draw your signature etc, so how does one reset the high score?
i think Galahad meant easy for someone like him, able to hack/modify the data?

that modified signature picture in the unofficial ipf's/extended adf's is also pretty bad, needs to be erased too

Last edited by kremiso; 29 December 2022 at 09:54.
Old 29 December 2022, 11:54   #63
BarryB
Amigaholic

One of my copies has no signature and only one name in 2nd on the high score!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ThePlague(Innerprise)-1_001.png
Views:	99
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	77571  
Old 29 December 2022, 12:55   #64
kremiso

Quote:
One of my copies has no signature and only one name in 2nd on the high score!
surely better
PAL version?
Old 29 December 2022, 14:24   #65
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
It can be hacked to restore it. When it goes to save the hiscore picture, you simply replace with a clear one and its restored
Old 29 December 2022, 17:39   #66
BarryB
Amigaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kremiso View Post
surely better
PAL version?
Both copies seem to be 200 lines, not fullscreen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
It can be hacked to restore it. When it goes to save the hiscore picture, you simply replace with a clear one and its restored
My copies are IPF, so probably a bit complicated to do for me!
Old 29 December 2022, 18:04   #67
LBG

@BarryB
Be sure to check the game itsekf, the menu/hiscores screens are not fullscreen even in the PAL version, contrarily to the game.

@kremiso
You woke up a thread full of dust I opened years ago and that I didn't dare to touch since years because of the complete lack of real interest from everyone, even when I was still on EAB.

@Galahad
I remember you almost cracked it in 2018 when we chatted on fb, but never finished the job because of lack of time. Seems to me like a time machine to a past digged life. ;-)

Old 29 December 2022, 18:11   #68
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
@BarryB
Be sure to check the game itsekf, the menu/hiscores screens are not fullscreen even in the PAL version, contrarily to the game.

@kremiso
You woke up a thread full of dust I opened years ago and that I didn't dare to touch since years because of the complete lack of real interest from everyone, even when I was still on EAB.

@Galahad
I remember you almost cracked it in 2018 when we chatted on fb, but never finished the job because of lack of time. Seems to me like a time machine to a past digged life. ;-)
I got about 3/4's of the way through it but got sidelined, with Starquake and other stuff.

I had occasional graphical glitches which were not consistent, so it got put to one side.
Old 29 December 2022, 18:15   #69
vulture

dlfrsilver's PAL extended .ADFs won't load in any WinUAE stable version past v4.4.0
Old 29 December 2022, 18:51   #70
LBG

@Galahad
Indeed, you were working on Starquake and postponed it. Interesting to read that it's not cracked yet after all these years. I don't know anything anymore about what's happening into retrogaming, but I would have bet it could have been done since all that time (smile) .

@kremiso
You'll maybe have a cracked version soon, who knows. Keep hope and whip firmly (joking).

Old 29 December 2022, 19:48   #71
kremiso

Quote:
...You woke up a thread full of dust...
deserved, really
gold dust
considering the release year, this full screen game has been a positive exception
Old 29 December 2022, 23:56   #72
BarryB
Amigaholic

Quote:
Interesting to read that it's not cracked yet after all these years.
There's a crack by Classic on the FTP! And both my copies are not fullscreen in-game!
Old 30 December 2022, 10:10   #73
LBG

Quote:
There's a crack by Classic on the FTP! And both my copies are not fullscreen in-game!
It hasn't been cracked yet, we're talking about the real PAL version, ie the one who is fullscreen in game. The one cracked by Classic is not the real PAL one edited by Rainbow Arts, cf the image of the box attached below, taken from the Phils's amigamicro.com website (currently offline). Phils owned this very rare box at one moment, but told me at he sold it. Denis owned it too by the past.

Quote:
deserved, really
gold dust
considering the release year, this full screen game has been a positive exception
I never dared to touch this thread again when I was connected here quite regularly. Ti piace gioccare con fuoco, vero?

Sorry for the "@" btw, I had to retrieve how to quote a text. I didn't write anymore on forums since an extremely long time.

Anyway, have fun to crack it guys and take care all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	plaguethe.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	77585  

Last edited by LBG; 30 December 2022 at 11:06.

Old 30 December 2022, 13:24   #74
BarryB
Amigaholic

HOL only has the Innerprise box, guess that's the NTSC/PAL version!

I put the Extended ADF's of the Rainbow Arts release through Disk-Utilities and track 42.0/42.1 on Disk 1 is either bad or a different format than the Innerprise release as it's not being decoded!
Old 30 December 2022, 15:55   #75
kremiso

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulture View Post
dlfrsilver's PAL extended .ADFs won't load in any WinUAE stable version past v4.4.0
Quote:
...I put the Extended ADF's of the Rainbow Arts release through Disk-Utilities and track 42.0/42.1 on Disk 1 is either bad or a different format than the Innerprise release as it's not being decoded!
maybe the two things are related?

confirmed same @vulture find also here
both standard and full screen extended adf's versions stuck at track 42, loading the game itself after the main menu (WinUAE 4.9.0)

both work fine using older releases

Last edited by kremiso; 30 December 2022 at 16:13.
Old 30 December 2022, 17:51   #76
LBG

Quote:
HOL only has the Innerprise box, guess that's the NTSC/PAL version!
Yes, common mistake, you were right to test it though. I had the fullscreen demo 30 years ago so I always knew that the screenshots at HOL were not taken from the PAL version.

kremiso you woke up this golden thread, now try keep it fired. I'm supposed to be lifetime banned but surprisingly I could post a quick answer to boost your request (which admin do I have to thank for this?). Hope it will help a bit!

Last edited by LBG; 30 December 2022 at 18:20.

Old 30 December 2022, 19:33   #77
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
The innerprise is the US version of The Plague (NTSC). The PAL version is the release sold by Rainbow Arts.
Old 31 December 2022, 13:10   #78
BarryB
Amigaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
The innerprise is the US version of The Plague (NTSC). The PAL version is the release sold by Rainbow Arts.
According to HOL Innerprise was Publisher for 'Rest of the World' so probably why their release is not fullscreen as it needs to work on PAL/NTSC machines?
Old 31 December 2022, 13:18   #79
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
According to HOL Innerprise was Publisher for 'Rest of the World' so probably why their release is not fullscreen as it needs to work on PAL/NTSC machines?
Yes for this case. It always depends if the other publisher is based in the US or not if 'Rest of the World' means PAL or NTSC. But of course it's not a 100% confirmation
Old 31 December 2022, 17:12   #80
kremiso

reading into AMR, Rainbow Arts as publisher is mentioned only in the Amiga Joker preview and review

Amiga Joker The Plague AMR

also interesting that the CU Amiga demo, despite in the same magazine issue there is the review of the Software Businnes version, is also full screen!

so, i presume the Rainbow Arts version has been sold just in Germany bitd?
but i'm also wondering whether it has been the lone full screen one, also due the lots of re-published budget versions later

Last edited by kremiso; 31 December 2022 at 18:55.