English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 22 May 2011, 18:31   #41
mr.vince
Cheesy crust

Thanks for the update, just couldn't run the search from the phone.

Hm... don't see why type of media could matter in this case. If it's 4us MFM, switching the clock rate to 4us could be of use. Don't see such a feature in Powercopy, however. I think I remember DCopy (hope this is the correct one) had such an option.

BTW anyone ever bothered to look at Katakis 1.0, the original version? Very funny 4us/2us stuff on there.

EDIT: Just found an older email... apparently Katakis 1.0 (only the very first production run; 2 disks; "shoddy" intro) reads track in 4us mode, reads a decoding cipher, then switches on the fly to 2us and uses the cypher to decode the rest of the track. This is very likely to cause problems at the replicator, which might explain why the next release (Katakis V1.1, later called Denaris) did omit this protection.

Last edited by mr.vince; 22 May 2011 at 19:39. Reason: Additional stuff
Old 22 May 2011, 22:44   #42
Harry
HD Installer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
It's correct that there is program code on that track but it's not an FM track! It's an MFM track as I already wrote. I'll attach the loader code for that very track, you can clearly see that the data is decoded using the normal MFM algorithm.
FM is decoded the same way as MFM. Difference is that the clock bits (which are leaved out on decoding) are always set, except in the sync. Look at the sync: $FAF3 would be an illegal bit sequence for MFM, which states that no 2 transitions may occur consecutively.
Old 10 October 2012, 22:48   #43
Vollldo

"pfffff pfffff...", i breath a little to remove the dust on this old thread lol .
Any news about this one ? It is a so long time that a crack of the PAL one is a expected.

Old 28 March 2013, 11:30   #44
Vollldo

Precise question : i have the opportunity to buy the version in box that seems to be HOL. Is this one the fullscreen version or not ?
Thanks in advance for hour help as always.

Old 28 August 2016, 12:05   #45
Vollldo

Thread resurrection, electroshock mode ON !!!

So so so, we're in 2016 and this great game isn't cracked or dumped in IPF format yet.

I never managed to write it by using Powercopy, i would be curious to know if some did. Undoubtly your floppy drive is magical Dlfrsilver.

Will we die without being able to run this PAL fullscreen amazing version ???????? One of the rare kick ass Amiga game still uncracked, that sounds a bit crazy. To crown all the original german Rainbow Arts box is almost impossible to find, so not tomorow we see an IPF floating around !

If it goes on i am going to open an online petition LOL.

Come on guys !!!

Btw Dlfrsilver, do you still have the box or did this one burn ?

Last edited by Vollldo; 28 August 2016 at 12:18.

Old 28 August 2016, 22:09   #46
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vollldo View Post
Thread resurrection, electroshock mode ON !!!

So so so, we're in 2016 and this great game isn't cracked or dumped in IPF format yet.

I never managed to write it by using Powercopy, i would be curious to know if some did. Undoubtly your floppy drive is magical Dlfrsilver.

Will we die without being able to run this PAL fullscreen amazing version ???????? One of the rare kick ass Amiga game still uncracked, that sounds a bit crazy. To crown all the original german Rainbow Arts box is almost impossible to find, so not tomorow we see an IPF floating around !

If it goes on i am going to open an online petition LOL.

Come on guys !!!

Btw Dlfrsilver, do you still have the box or did this one burn ?
i have extended ADF of both German PAL and US NTSC releases.

I also have MFM disk images. My drive is a regular amiga drive, with nothing specific.

However, i'm sure your disks are not good enough for write back.
Old 29 August 2016, 18:57   #47
albino

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
i have extended ADF of both German PAL and US NTSC releases.

I also have MFM disk images. My drive is a regular amiga drive, with nothing specific.

any chance you could send me the mfm plus the adf?
Old 29 August 2016, 19:32   #48
Vollldo

They can be found in the EAB FTP server.

Old 29 August 2016, 19:35   #49
Vollldo

Quote:
Wrong statement mate. I tried with 100% error free high AND double density floppies, and at less 10 times, after have checked my drive settings. And besides, i didn't see someone else than you who could write back it with Powercopy. If your drive was "normal" and that nothing special is needed to write it back except following the clear explanations you gave (thanks for this) then everyone here would have succeeded and we would have plenty of floating pictures and videos. As i said, magical drive. If it is as easy to write it back with Powercopy then i invite you to post a live video to show us.

On another topic, do you still have the original box by the way or was it destroyed ?

Last edited by Vollldo; 29 August 2016 at 19:45.

Old 30 August 2016, 05:56   #50
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vollldo View Post
Wrong statement mate. I tried with 100% error free high AND double density floppies, and at less 10 times, after have checked my drive settings. And besides, i didn't see someone else than you who could write back it with Powercopy. If your drive was "normal" and that nothing special is needed to write it back except following the clear explanations you gave (thanks for this) then everyone here would have succeeded and we would have plenty of floating pictures and videos. As i said, magical drive. If it is as easy to write it back with Powercopy then i invite you to post a live video to show us.

On another topic, do you still have the original box by the way or was it destroyed ?
I don't have any magical drive, it's a standard Amiga drive with a copy length of $317C. Nothing to run screaming about.

By the way, the plague use tracks with normal length, those are not long tracks, and they use no special protection system.

Any normal Amiga drive can copy or replicate these games, either European or US release.

I would have never proposed or released a game as powercopy folder disk image if this one was impossible to copy back to disk.

All the games i have uploaded here in the zone can be copied.

So i keep on what i've said, your disks are not good enough or you have a tired floppy drive.

Whatever the machine i use, A500, A600 or A1200, my hardware is maintained and revised.

Since the games can be copied (i tested this), your problem is either a drive problem or a disk problem. One of those.

I would like to point also something else : instead of arguing that it doesn't work, you could have explained HOW it failed, and also

which type of Amiga you are using. The plague is not made to run directly on A1200. If you use an A500, that's something else.

I still have the US version of the plague. The german release burnt in my parents "home".
Old 30 August 2016, 15:31   #51
Vollldo

Yes it's a pity it burnt, this one is almost impossible to find as you know...

I don't argue with you mate (i'm a cool guy), and think i explained briefly a few years ago why it didn't work. I followed exactly what you told, and the protected tracks writing failed. There is nothing to add about HOW so.

I ran it on an A500, OF COURSE. This game isn't done to run on an A1200, and please stop talking to me like if i was a rookie : It is the way you answered years ago, more over without having read properly what i wrote (and StingRay made you notice this point). To know if one game is done for an A500 or an A1200 is the b-a-ba. A bit like to read tutorials and follow them "Ć  la lettre", ok ? (smile)

About my floppies, i am one of the members here who wrote back on disc the more number of ADF (2500, is that enough for you ?) so, trust me, if there is someone here who knows about floppy quality then it is me. I also checked my drive settings like you suggested, the results were perfect and the copy failed anyway, several times, by using HD or DD 100% error free floppies. So maybe the drive model counts, but in any case it comes from my drive settings.

Remember the Psygnosis advertisings in GƩnƩration 4, Tilt or Joystick my friend ? "Seeing is believing". I do maths, and when everything fails without any valuable reason then i adopt a Saint-Thomas point of view lol.

Last edited by Vollldo; 30 August 2016 at 15:57.

Old 30 August 2016, 22:39   #52
clenched

I copied Plague1G drawer to DF0: and external DF1:. In both cases it loaded to the picture, music, text. Once fire was pressed the drive buzzed a little and wouldn't load anymore. Stopped with AR3 cart and typed info. Under TDF0 it said !042. So maybe the Captain is a sorcerer after all. Or maybe just clean living. On the other hand WinUAE can copy to a custom ADF and it works.
Old 04 September 2016, 13:26   #53
Vollldo

Same thing for me clenched. Like i told the captain is a sorcerer lol, otherwise he wouldn't be the captain hehe !

Old 20 October 2016, 13:56   #54
Vollldo

Lil update, i just ripped my own disc. It is a compilation including the rolling demo of the PAL version of "the plague" and the 100% working "e-motion" cracked version by Mayhem (the one i played until the end back in the days). Couldn't find this disc in the actual TOSEC set, did i miss it ?

Old 23 June 2022, 18:57   #55
kremiso

just found the PAL full screen version, standard adfs, browsing in the ftp

who should I thank for this ?

about the game in general, so also the Classic crack, i'm trying without luck to enable the lives cheat mode :

Plague cheat

the part i'm stuck is the latest, entering the long phrase no green flash in return
Has anyone succeeded?
Old 27 December 2022, 19:51   #56
LBG

@kremiso
As we talked in private, that's not the PAL version unfortunatly. Not a mess though, the extended ADFs posted years ago by a wellknown blue-white-red legendary Cocorico ripper (qui se reconnaƮtra parfaitement!) works flawlessly.

That was nice to have a quick talk after have been off all these years. Buena Natale a te, and also a warmy merry Christmas to all great guys i appreciated here (they will recognize themselves as well).

Last edited by LBG; 27 December 2022 at 19:58.

Old 28 December 2022, 10:31   #57
kremiso

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
@kremiso
As we talked in private, that's not the PAL version unfortunatly. Not a mess though, the extended ADFs posted years ago by a wellknown blue-white-red legendary Cocorico ripper (qui se reconnaƮtra parfaitement!) works flawlessly.

That was nice to have a quick talk after have been off all these years. Buena Natale a te, and also a warmy merry Christmas to all great guys i appreciated here (they will recognize themselves as well).
yeah, the zipped files were so little, i hadn't noticed they were extended adf

a bit off-topic, the CU Amiga (July 1990) coverdisk does contain a (short) demo of the game, from the PAL full screen version

Buon Natale anche a te, ciao
Old 28 December 2022, 15:29   #58
LBG

Even better, the PAL playable demo is included with the wonderfull e-motion on the disk i uploaded years ago. Do you need it? I'm not into retrogaming anymore since a very long time (when I was banned from here by "her lordness now fairly banned D-D" I was already taking my distances from retrogaming), but I might be able to retrieve it for you from one of my old external drive if ever you want it. Note that this disk is now certainly renamed in the current TOSEC set, so finding it shouldn't be a real problem for you. I didn't run a single game since years, so I don't have any idea about what could be the disk filename (my memories about game names is also fading away), but members here can help for sure. I connect here a very few times by year to read only (I opened this account to reply to your post), so I apologize in advance if I'm extremely slow to answer. Thanks for your wishes, writing in italian in pvt was right btw!

Last edited by LBG; 28 December 2022 at 15:34.

Old 28 December 2022, 23:08   #59
BarryB
Amigaholic

Now Abaddon has supported this in Disk-Utilities I have two original dumps in Unofficial IPF format if anyone is interested? High Scores are modified so probably why no official IPF exists?
Old 28 December 2022, 23:42   #60
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
Now Abaddon has supported this in Disk-Utilities I have two original dumps in Unofficial IPF format if anyone is interested? High Scores are modified so probably why no official IPF exists?
Easy enough to reset hiscores