English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.AmigaOS

Old 02 June 2023, 15:54   #1
Mikeywikey
Kickstart Hacker

Kickstart Editor updates, extra features and fixes!

Latest version of the Windows/MacOS/Linux kickstart editor updated, more Hyperion ROMs supported, new automated tests, lots of little fixes and one significant fix when checksumming ROMs in the GUI

CapitolineDLL (core)
Out of bounds (negative) checks prevent coredump in aliasromdata()
Searching aliases wasn’t case sensitive, so $FileSystem.resource finds filesystem first and matches the first bit
romprofile usage made more consistent

CapGUI
Renamed some tabs to be more logically named (Object Browser -> Files, ROMs -> Loaded ROMs)
GUI didn’t checksum properly (would only automatically checksum the first ROM in the profile list)
“Extract library to file” didn’t work, so I moved it to the “Loaded ROMs” tab
CLI -> [Load] now works
Couldn’t create 256k ROMs (I read the value of the “bytewap” checkbox instead, doh…)
Change default [X] Byteswap – unless you prefer your burner to byteswap, it’s a more sensible default

Hash Files
All Cloanto ROMs that have bad ENDSKIP now have (partial) hashes.
Patched Cloanto ROMs now have hashes
Early Hyperion 3.1 ROMs added

RAT
A test to patch the Cloanto ROMs to standard (extractable) ROMs will create the ROMs
A test for 2.x 1Mb ROM for A600 added
RatGUI hasn’t needed any updates and remains at v1.02

Website
More detail on how to create 1Mb ROMs
Early Hyperion 3.1 ROMs added
Documentation for romprofile usage wasn’t very clear and actually could be inconsistent

http://capitoline.twocatsblack.com/
Old 02 June 2023, 16:39   #2
RoC

Great! I will be testing that during the weekend.

Thanks for the continuous work
Old 02 June 2023, 20:31   #3
mfilos
Paranoid Amigoid

Thanks for the hard work Mikeywikey mate!!!
Greatly appreciated \o/
Old 02 June 2023, 22:33   #4
Mikeywikey
Kickstart Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoC View Post
Great! I will be testing that during the weekend.

Thanks for the continuous work
Awesome, any feedback appreciated.
Old 02 June 2023, 22:35   #5
Mikeywikey
Kickstart Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfilos View Post
Thanks for the hard work Mikeywikey mate!!!
Greatly appreciated \o/
No probs! Even if people are using it just to pull modules from 3.2.2 and load them into Remus, that cool!
Old 03 June 2023, 11:48   #6
mfilos
Paranoid Amigoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeywikey View Post
No probs! Even if people are using it just to pull modules from 3.2.2 and load them into Remus, that cool!
Haha, I'm one of them as I haven't learned yet the endless options of patching and adding stuff via the commands.
Yesterday I was trying to make an 1.3+scsi for a test use, that I made years back with Remus but never worked. I tried reading the EAB threads a lot in order to patch for Gayle function accordingly but despite making it (and working under WinUAE) it was still no joy.
So I tried your documentation and managed to make the patched ROM (although I got some weird info I didn't understand while running it that I didn't know). File size and some hex read seems okeish but doesn't work under WinUAE so I haven't burned it yet to actual EPROM to see how it goes.

I really appreciate your work man, the options are insane but needs a lot of experimentation and reading... and I haven't found the time yet to utilize it as I would (plus the fact I only use Vampires with 3.2.2 ROMS these days so no actual need for custom ROMS as before)
Old 05 June 2023, 17:05   #7
Mikeywikey
Kickstart Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfilos View Post
Haha, I'm one of them as I haven't learned yet the endless options of patching and adding stuff via the commands.
Yesterday I was trying to make an 1.3+scsi for a test use, that I made years back with Remus but never worked. I tried reading the EAB threads a lot in order to patch for Gayle function accordingly but despite making it (and working under WinUAE) it was still no joy.
So I tried your documentation and managed to make the patched ROM (although I got some weird info I didn't understand while running it that I didn't know). File size and some hex read seems okeish but doesn't work under WinUAE so I haven't burned it yet to actual EPROM to see how it goes.

I really appreciate your work man, the options are insane but needs a lot of experimentation and reading... and I haven't found the time yet to utilize it as I would (plus the fact I only use Vampires with 3.2.2 ROMS these days so no actual need for custom ROMS as before)
Yea, I'm a little late to the party, not as much need for custom ROMs these days with 3.2 and dynamic loading! I need to get my A500 (with A508) and see if the KS1.3/scsi works, I can't remember which scsi.device I used, I know there was an issue with one of the A600 ones, so I might try others, but I also wanted the website to "explain" loads of things that people often ask, catalogue all the known ROMs etc..