English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 31 August 2020, 20:25   #81
crazyc

Most bits in the ss have a commented out bit that just explains what the next line does.
So "; begin mufastrom" is just like the title of that section. The following line will actually do the magic.
Old 31 August 2020, 20:28   #82
paul1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidgerry View Post
I noticed another line in the userstartup that says Begin MuFastRom. I did not add that either. It is weird that it still works even that Begin MuFastRom is commented out.
Those ;BEGIN blah... and ;END blah are just comments as they start with a ;, they're there so that the user knows what the command is for and where it starts and ends (as it may be a few lines not just one line). Also, User-Startup management software probably uses them too so you can tick lines on and off through a GUI to disable and enable software etc. That software probably exists but I've never used it if it does.
Old 31 August 2020, 23:45   #83
rabidgerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyc View Post
Most bits in the ss have a commented out bit that just explains what the next line does.
So "; begin mufastrom" is just like the title of that section. The following line will actually do the magic.
Ahh I see. Ok that makes sense. So just indicators really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul1981 View Post
Keep the C:CPU60 B commented out.

You have to decide whether you want the MuFastRom to be run from the Startup-Sequence below SetPatch or whether you leave it where it is in the User-Startup. The same with the next line too 'MuFastZero'

On my setup, those two are below SetPatch and look like this:

C:SetPatch QUIET
MuFastRom ON
MuFastZero FASTEXEC MOVESSP ON

You should also make your MuFastZero have those options too as you'll get a bit more speed.
Ok no probs. I will do that then also. Think I'll move it out of userstartup then and into SS instead.

Will read up on MuFastZero.
Old 01 September 2020, 19:22   #84
rabidgerry

So I commented out the MuFastRom in User startup and just let it be commented in in startup-sequence.

I then added MuFastZero FASTEXEC MOVESSP ON.

This would not work unless I added MuMove4k. I kept getting an error. So I then added this. I was doing this in WINUAE and everytime I added an command after just MuMove4k like PREPAREEMUL I could not reboot the machine.

I ended up just leaving it s SYS:MuTools/MuMove4k.

In Sysinfo I now get like 60079 Drystones and a little faster on the read write transfer of my DH0, 1 2 and 3 partitions. Getting like 1.1 on DH0 and the other DH* I'm getting about 1.3.

I thought when I added MuMove4k I had to have something after it as that is what the guide suggested to me. Either way I defo think those last few things have added some more speed according to the Sysinfo tests. Will try Sysspeed later on.
Old 01 September 2020, 20:47   #85
daxb

Hint ( ): With RemApollo you don't need MuFastZero, MuMove4k, MuFastRom and MuMapRom. Oh, and LoadModule. All the magic in one tool written for Apollo 040/060 cards.
Old 01 September 2020, 21:11   #86
paul1981

Quote:
So I commented out the MuFastRom in User startup and just let it be commented in in startup-sequence.

I then added MuFastZero FASTEXEC MOVESSP ON.

This would not work unless I added MuMove4k. I kept getting an error. So I then added this. I was doing this in WINUAE and everytime I added an command after just MuMove4k like PREPAREEMUL I could not reboot the machine.

I ended up just leaving it s SYS:MuTools/MuMove4k.

In Sysinfo I now get like 60079 Drystones and a little faster on the read write transfer of my DH0, 1 2 and 3 partitions. Getting like 1.1 on DH0 and the other DH* I'm getting about 1.3.

I thought when I added MuMove4k I had to have something after it as that is what the guide suggested to me. Either way I defo think those last few things have added some more speed according to the Sysinfo tests. Will try Sysspeed later on.
Sorry pal, I have the MuMove4K line too, I didn't see it, but it was near the top. So mine goes like this and it is ABOVE SetPatch:

MuMove4K PREPAREEMUL A1200

You can just have the MuMove4K line without the other two options, but mine needed those to get ShapeShifter to work (not that I use it!).
Old 01 September 2020, 21:13   #87
paul1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxb View Post
Hint ( ): With RemApollo you don't need MuFastZero, MuMove4k, MuFastRom and MuMapRom. Oh, and LoadModule. All the magic in one tool written for Apollo 040/060 cards.
That's a nice hint, but let's not forget they aren't the same. I don't want anyone to think this is all for nothing.
Old 02 September 2020, 11:56   #88
rabidgerry

Quote:
I tell you what @daxb I have other CF hard drives. I will do the whole remapollo thing on one of those and in the end see which configuration I prefer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul1981 View Post
Sorry pal, I have the MuMove4K line too, I didn't see it, but it was near the top. So mine goes like this and it is ABOVE SetPatch:

MuMove4K PREPAREEMUL A1200

You can just have the MuMove4K line without the other two options, but mine needed those to get ShapeShifter to work (not that I use it!).
Ok dead on. Didn't really understand what those options were for anyways.

I have other issues right now with the real time clock. Thought I had/have battery issue since the date and time can be changed but then doesn't move forward. Even when the Amiga is switched on. I replaced the battery last night but still the same thing. The battery had to be soldered in and carefully jigged to sit nicely and not touch anything else. Still not moving time for me though
Old 02 September 2020, 12:20   #89
daxb

The RTC should also work without a battery (the Apollo one is re-chargeable) or without the Apollo card itself.

Open a Shell window and try the command "SetClock RESET". Then set correct time and date. Then "SetClock SAVE".
Old 02 September 2020, 12:46   #90
rabidgerry

Quote:
The RTC should also work without a battery (the Apollo one is re-chargeable) or without the Apollo card itself.

Open a Shell window and try the command "SetClock RESET". Then set correct time and date. Then "SetClock SAVE".
Yes I replaced with the same type of rechargeable.

Ok I will try the clock commands.
Old 02 September 2020, 14:14   #91
rabidgerry

Weird the clock isn't recognised

Not recognised in sysinfo or anywhere else for that matter and it doesn't change on my display at the top. It's just stuck at 1:55 since I tried to set it again. It will stay like that also. Tried the restartclock program but didn't cure the issue.

Last edited by rabidgerry; 02 September 2020 at 15:00.
Old 02 September 2020, 18:20   #92
daxb

Did the RTC worked before or it failed suddenly?
Old 02 September 2020, 19:34   #93
rabidgerry

Quote:
Did the RTC worked before or it failed suddenly?
When I bought the Accelerator I was told it would hold time for a period then slowly fall behind. I figured battery which I will replace once I get my hands on it.

So last few weeks or so the time has been all kinda fucked up and I noticed it not moving on at all anymore so I figured I would just swap out the battery which I did last night. Still the same thing now of frozen time on the banner display clock. Sysinfo also earlier did not detect the clock. But now it does for some reason.

Old 02 September 2020, 21:11   #94
daxb

Then it might be a hardware problem/error.
Old 02 September 2020, 21:16   #95
rabidgerry

Yes I agree but I wouldn't know where to begin looking to resolve the issue.

It was back to saying no clock found.
Old 03 September 2020, 11:01   #96
paul1981

Quote:
Yes I agree but I wouldn't know where to begin looking to resolve the issue.

It was back to saying no clock found.
You could always fall back on a separate module as link below should you not get it working again. If it's failed, I'd suspect corrosion damage from a leaked battery, had the battery leaked at all do you know? Any green looking tarnished IC pins around the battery area?

https://amigakit.amiga.store/product...oducts_id=1101

Even if you suspect damage, actually it's very fine work required and probably nothing that you should attempt to fix yourself.
Old 03 September 2020, 11:18   #97
rabidgerry

I actually have a spare one (RTC). It wont conflict or anything will it?

When I removed the battery I did not notice anything. Then again I wouldn't know where to check. I mean it's a coin battery, it solders on via two pins. Both pins looked fine to me. Soldered the new one on no problem. Tricky to bend it into position but I got it after and it's not touching anything where it is seated.

Oh and Amigakit, I have been waiting on an order for about a month now. No response to like 4 emails asking what it going on regarding it.

I might have to open a case with paypal and get my money back. Ordered screws and A1200 LEDS and a cf adapter kit for my second Amiga.
Old 03 September 2020, 12:14   #98
Reido

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaCoder View Post
Oh, fun times

Make sure your power supply is up to the job!

Also, reduce your pain by reading about mine (and others)

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=63739

remapollo is a must for getting good speed out of your card..

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...ight=remapollo

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...ight=remapollo

This is my old Apollo startup sequence (this is for 3.9 + Boing Bag updates, no reboot needed).

I'm not using SpeedyIDE here because I'm using the patched scsi.device that already has it built in.

PHP Code:
$VERStartup-Sequence_HardDrive 45.2 (19.1.2001)
Startup-Sequence for AmigaOS 3.9

C
:DRAP
C
:RemAPollo QUIET MODULES DEVS:Modules/scsi.device mathffp.library mathieeesingbas.library exec_45.20 console.device_44.8 ram-handler_44.23 shell_45.7 bootmenu_44.7 filesystem.resource_45.10 filesystem_45.13 BBlank NoClick

C
:SetPatch NOROMUPDATE QUIET

C
:Version >NIL:
C:AddBuffers >NILDF015
FailAt 21

C
:MakeDir RAM:T RAM:Clipboards RAM:ENV RAM:ENV/Sys
C
:Copy >NILENVARCRAM:ENV ALL NOREQ

Resident 
>NILC:Assign PURE
Resident 
>NILC:Execute PURE

Assign 
>NILENVRAM:ENV
Assign 
>NILTRAM:T
Assign 
>NILCLIPSRAM:Clipboards
Assign 
>NILREXXS:
Assign >NILPRINTERSDEVS:Printers
Assign 
>NILKEYMAPSDEVS:Keymaps
Assign 
>NILLOCALESYS:Locale
Assign 
>NILLIBSSYS:Classes ADD
Assign 
>NILHELPLOCALE:Help DEFER

C
:CPU60 B >NIL:
;
C:CMQ060
Run 
>NILCopyMem060

C
:FBlit
C
:FText

BindDrivers
C
:Mount >NILDEVS:DOSDrivers/~(#?.info)

C:LoadMonDrvs

SetEnv Language 
"english"
SetEnv Workbench $Workbench
SetEnv Kickstart $Kickstart
UnSet Workbench
UnSet Kickstart

C
:AddDataTypes REFRESH QUIET
C
:IPrefs

Run 
NIL"System:C/VisualPrefs"
System:C/FPPrefs

C
:ConClip

Path 
>NILRAMCSYS:Utilities SYS:Rexxc SYS:System SSYS:Prefs SYS:WBStartup SYS:Tools SYS:Tools/Commodities

SYS
:System/REXXMast >NIL:

IF 
EXISTS S:User-Startup
  Execute S
:User-Startup
EndIF

Resident Execute REMOVE
Resident Assign REMOVE

C
:LoadWB
EndCLI 
>NIL
Once you get it and running properly I can recommend that you try some of the following games optimized for an 060:

My ports
Ah, this takes me back!

I was in the same position, same new card upgraded by Stachu. I had no idea about start-up sequences etc, but I followed NovaCoders advice and got there in the end. This start-up sequence was what worked for me (from this thread in Nova's post http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...ight=remapollo) Specifically the RemApollo lines, the CPU60 and CMQ060 lines. This has had the card running at top speed since. Also, I don't know if this is still the case, but the HSMaths libs by Matthias Henze were only the demo versions. I paid for the full registered version and that had all Nova's ports running as good as possible (the Blizzard card was just that bit faster - Quake 2 was the only port that struggled a small bit for me - stil very playable)

; $VER: Startup-Sequence_HardDrive 45.2 (19.1.2001)
; Startup-Sequence for AmigaOS 3.9

CRAP
C:RemAPollo QUIET MODULES DEVS:Modules/scsi.device mathffp.library mathieeesingbas.library exec_45.20 console.device_44.8 ram-handler_44.23 shell_45.7 bootmenu_44.7 filesystem.resource_45.10 filesystem_45.13 BBlank NoClick

; ROMUpdate_44.57
;SpeedyChip

;C:SetPatch QUIET
C:SetPatch NOROMUPDATE QUIET

C:Version >NIL:
C:AddBuffers >NIL: DF0: 15
FailAt 21

C:MakeDir RAM:T RAM:Clipboards RAM:ENV RAM:ENV/Sys
C:Copy >NIL: ENVARC: RAM:ENV ALL NOREQ

Resident >NIL: C:Assign PURE
Resident >NIL: C:Execute PURE

Assign >NIL: ENV: RAM:ENV
Assign >NIL: T: RAM:T
Assign >NIL: CLIPS: RAM:Clipboards
Assign >NIL: REXX: S:
Assign >NIL: PRINTERS: DEVS:Printers
Assign >NIL: KEYMAPS: DEVS:Keymaps
Assign >NIL: LOCALE: SYS:Locale
Assign >NIL: LIBS: SYS:Classes ADD
Assign >NIL: HELP: LOCALE:Help DEFER

C:CPU60 B >NIL:

C:CMQ060

C:FBlit
C:FText

[SNIP!]

Good luck and keep at it, the results are worth the effort!
Old 15 December 2020, 12:16   #99
rabidgerry

Quote:
So is it possible to use RemApollo with MMULib?

I decided to start messing about with RemApollo myself but swapped all my relevant libraries out for the Apollo ones (68060.library v60.10) and comment out all the MMUlib stuff on cf hd and experiment. I seem to be getting faster read/write speed on DH0 and other partitions and also a little faster in Sysinfo v4.4. On top of that I was able to flash a separate rom file and not just from my chip roms (this was why I stared messing with this because I would like to be able to use other kickstarts from time to time). So I'm just curious can these two co-exist or rather can I use RemApollo in conjunction with Thor MMLib?

Be interested to hear from anyone who has the knowledge.
Old 15 December 2020, 13:47   #100
daxb

Here on my A1200 OS3.1, Apollo 1240 RemApollo works fine with the MMU libraries but it should also work with the original Apollo libraries (that might or must be patched first). As far as I can remember you just have to swap DRAP with MuDRAP (if you use it) depending on which libraries you want to use. Read the RemApollo docs.