Old 29 September 2007, 19:30   #1
srnickolas

Major Problems with whdload and winuae

Hi everyone!
i have two problems:
a) when i load a whdload game a get the following message by winuae:
Microsoft visual C++ runtime library

Runtime error!

Program: F:\Game... (this is the path the emulator is in)

This application has requeated the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

....and after that winuae terminates

???????
I already re-installed microsoft visual c++ runtimes and winuae but the problem insists.i use winuae 1.4.2a but also tried 1.4.3 and 1.4.4 but no luck.I am under windows xp sp2

b)when i play a game in window mode , i just get a black screen,although music and controls are active.If i minimise and maximise the window i then get a freezed screen of the game ...but that's it. The problem vanishes in fullscreen mode.this is not a problem of gamebase because even if i use winuae on its own it bahaves again like that.

Any help would be enormously appreciated...

Old 29 September 2007, 20:04   #2
eLowar
Citizen of Elthesh

About a)

Does WHDRun crash along with WinUAE? If not, the status window should come up as soon as WinUAE crashes and show some error code. If it does crash you'd probably have a zombi tray icon that won't disappear until you hover the mouse cursor over it.

I don't really have an idea about the cause in general yet, but it would be interesting to know.
Old 29 September 2007, 21:04   #3
srnickolas

ok...here how it goes:
When i load a whdload game firstly whdload slave configuration pops up.
Then i choose "start game".
Then i get the error messages from winuae i mentioned , whitch in turn terminates with the usual message programs terminate in winxp...and
Lastly the tray icon of whdrun is indeed continuing to run,but the only
suspicious line in its list is this :
Winuae finished with error code 3.
The last line of whdrun states:
whdrun is done,but there were errors.....

Old 29 September 2007, 21:49   #4
eLowar
Citizen of Elthesh

Okay, that sounds like it's all WinUAE then (WHDRun does not seem to have crashed). You may want to search for similar problems in the prb.WinUAE forum and if you can't find anything, post the problem there. I'd help if I could, but I honestly have no idea what could be causing it. It does seem like I've seen similar problems reported before, but I can't remember right now.

Out of interest, you did not mention whether the WHDRun status window popped up by itself (that's what it's supposed to do on errors and only if it's visible is it supposed to keep running after it's finished instead of just quitting), so, did it?
Old 29 September 2007, 22:01   #5
srnickolas

Thanks for the advice...whdrun did indeed pop out by itself and then i pressed whdrun quit to close the program.

Old 29 September 2007, 22:10   #6
eLowar
Citizen of Elthesh

One more thing you can try is, after running (and crashing) WinUAE through GBA, but without quitting GBA, start WinUAE manually, load WHDLoad.uae from your GameBase Amiga directory and run that to see if it crashes as well (WHD/S/user-startup should still contain the right code to start the last game you tried and the temporary directory should also still exist until you close GameBase).
Old 29 September 2007, 22:41   #7
srnickolas

OK..............This is like ultra peculiar! When i tried to do what you told me two strange bugs appeared:
a)after i loaded the configuration uae(whdload uae) winuae stated that the apropriate kickstart rom was missing...but the fact was i had all kickstarts needed and properly configured in the path inside winuae folder...so after that i rescaned the path with the kickstart roms again and winuae stated (the obvious) that i had indeed all the kickstart roms.Then i went onto testing your experiment again...i opened the game from the list of gamebase and waited to see the usual error...but no !!! instead of that winuae stated that i was lacking the proper kickstart image(!!!!!!!!!!!).I figured that was an internal gemus error, so i errased all the emulators(all winuae 1.4.2a ) and re-added them and then a stranger bug happened...
b)When i checked any game with whdload....it didn't give me the error,but it didn't properly run me the game either.Instead i get a black screen with the "emulated" amiga drive lights flickering like the amiga has crashed.

Old 14 November 2007, 06:07   #8
help

Hello all just downloaded GameBase Amiga 1.43 and have the same problem as quoted below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srnickolas View Post
ok...here how it goes:
When i load a whdload game firstly whdload slave configuration pops up.
Then i choose "start game".
Then i get the error messages from winuae i mentioned , whitch in turn terminates with the usual message programs terminate in winxp...and
Lastly the tray icon of whdrun is indeed continuing to run,but the only
suspicious line in its list is this :
Winuae finished with error code 3.
The last line of whdrun states:
whdrun is done,but there were errors.....
can anyone please help was up all night trying to figure this out

Many thanks