English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene > Member Introductions

Old 04 June 2021, 10:30   #1
cinar

Hello there!

I come from Ankara, Turkey. I am 22 right now, been collecting Amigas since I was 12 and have been attended to my first demo party when I was 14 (7DX 2014). It all started when a friend of my father had introduced me to Myst when I was 9. After fiddling with Macintosh emulators and getting an iMac 233 that year, it eventually jumped to Amigas as thr only community we had in Turkey was about Amigas (commodore.gen.tr). I remember buying lots of A500s by then, the special editions, regular A500s etc. To those demopartys, I brought mostly my Apple IIe or other Apple computers, but when I was 16, I saw Apple was no way out. I grew old couple decades that year and abandoned Apple Got myself a A1200 and a CD32 that year but when I tried to mod that CD32 to RGB, I have totally messed it up. Sold my A1200 with a quick rise of anger and got myself a nicer one with Apollo 1230 for my 18th birthday. Lots of Amigas came and went since that day including an EC030 A4000 with Toaster I got from Amibay. Right now I own a A4000 with a CS060 mkI, CV3D and my trusty old Toaster. Those days I am focused on mastering Remus custom roms, I even released one when I was 20, right after my best buddy had passed away, dedicated to him, he was an English bulldog so it was much more intense. You can find it on Mahzen.org, which is a server I host for Amiga, MiSTer and bootleg stuff. I am also trying to make use of AmosPro for years. Also recording some demo stuff with MultiTOS on MiSTer and PowerMacG5 I resurrected. If I have one more interest, it is SGIs, owning a maxed out Indy R5000. I am an editor on a newspaper here, also studying English literature in Bilgi University and a super proud Amiga owner if that's all to say. Thank you!
Old 04 June 2021, 11:54   #2
kriz

Welcome to the forum, nice collection and history.. Also used a A4000/060 for years, recently got it recapped so hope to bring it alive again also
Old 04 June 2021, 20:57   #3
redblade
Zone Friend

Welcome to the board Cinar.

Great to read that there are demo parties still using the retro hardware in Turkey

Are Amigas quite easy to buy in Turkey??

What was the popular Amiga in Turkey? Was it .de keyboard or .uk keyboard?

Thanks
Old 05 June 2021, 10:43   #4
yelo

Hello and Welcome, I'm new here too but so far it's nice, friendly and cozy here!
Old 05 June 2021, 15:41   #5
Nobby_UK

Spacing ?
Old 05 June 2021, 17:47   #6
cinar

Quote:
Originally Posted by redblade View Post
Welcome to the board Cinar.

Great to read that there are demo parties still using the retro hardware in Turkey

Are Amigas quite easy to buy in Turkey??

What was the popular Amiga in Turkey? Was it .de keyboard or .uk keyboard?

Thanks

Thank you for your comment!
7DX 2015 was actually the last of the demo parties. With the graveyard theme and feel all over, we literally buried the party. Since that day, we occasionally meet up by the name of our forum, Commodore.gen.tr. You can search both for the party and the meetups, I am that blonde boy The main reason behind the end of 7Ds were obviously the lack of interest. But there was a joke telling in the hexadecimal system, 2015 concludes the 7DXs and the seventeenth would be 7E0. When it had first started, it was called 7D2.

Check it out! In the results section, you can find my pixel artwork by the name Joad. It was obviously horrible and left unfinished

http://www.7dx-party.org/2015/

They were easy to buy till 2014 I guess. When savagery sold the machine I have right now, it was nearly 3.600 Turkish Liras. I was a high schooler back then, couldn't buy it but last month, I paid 15.000 TL to it which makes 1700 bucks today.

Not the German keyboards in particular but I saw many English (they are the most common) and Australian keyboard. But in Ataris, all the TOSes I saw were German including my STE.

Here is a bonus secret about us. A TV series that you can imagine as a Hugo clone used A500s and it had lasted many years. It is called Dinozorus, it was developed by Vigo, which is a really nice friend of mine. You can find Amiga exec files on Github. I remember him calling me 'You are one old school fella'. And it was the best compliment I ever had in my eyes.

Last edited by cinar; 05 June 2021 at 17:48. Reason: Grammar
Old 05 June 2021, 18:25   #7
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelo View Post
Hello and Welcome, I'm new here too but so far it's nice, friendly and cozy here!
It is

But like every green place, without some clouds and rain, flowers cannot grow
Old 05 June 2021, 18:36   #8
fryguy

Hi and welcome!