English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 09 December 2014, 16:33   #1
Ami_GFX

D3D point/bilinear setting trouble

EDIT: Moved from beta thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Enable bilinear filtering (in Filter panel). D3D has it optional, DD forces it (for some stupid reason). Or use some D3D shader filter.

D3D is the only one available when using RTG hardware emulation, you only got DD accidentally because you didn't have working D3D.

More advanced emulated hardware options: need to use more advanced other options too

This could be caused by VRAM limit. You probably used higher resolution&color depth vs your real hardware.

I'm using the same screen resolution as my real Amiga, 800x600. All I did was make an image file of the HD and change from a Cybervision 64 to PicassoIV monitor file.

I see Point/Bilinear in the filter panel under extra settings. There is no enable/disable. In the filter settings on top of the panel for RTG modes, all I get is Null filter and none. If I set the scaling to "No Scaling" I get the look I want but it messes with the display settings. I have to change the display from the native display to the size of the Amiga display to get things to work right.

Using the older version of DirectX, I can use Direct Draw with RTG emulation. No real issues except for the small boot screen and the nag screen to update DirectX.

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 12 December 2014 at 12:35.
Old 09 December 2014, 18:29   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ami_GFX View Post
I see Point/Bilinear in the filter panel under extra settings. There is no enable/disable. In the filter settings on top of the panel for RTG modes, all I get is Null filter and none. If I set the scaling to "No Scaling" I get the look I want but it messes with the display settings. I have to change the display from the native display to the size of the Amiga display to get things to work right.
Slider under the checkbox adjusts it. (I know, not very intuitive...)
Old 10 December 2014, 15:05   #3
Ami_GFX

The slider won't move if Point/Bilinear is selected. I can change the ratios in the box next to it.

If I select "No Scaling" with the display set to "Native", I get an oversized control box when I push F12. The box won't move as I move the cursor and I can't get to the bottom of it which has the main control buttons. If I select the same resolution as the Amiga, I get the same screen but it moves with the cursor. The problem with this configuration is changing Amiga screen modes within the emulation. I have to change the display tab to match the Amiga resolution for RTG modes.

If I don't have DirectX updated and the emulation goes into Direct Draw, I get a small sized control box that is at the native resolution of the host computer. In this case I have "default" selected instead of "No Scaling"

In all three cases, the resulting display is visually the same.
Old 10 December 2014, 15:20   #4
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ami_GFX View Post
The slider won't move if Point/Bilinear is selected. I can change the ratios in the box next to it.
Did you move it far enough? It has only 2 settings: fully leftmost and fully rightmost when point/bilinear is selected. Easier is to click on the the middle of the line (not the slider itself) to toggle it.
Old 10 December 2014, 20:23   #5
Ami_GFX

Now I see, it doesn't move at all when I try to drag it, I have to click on one side of it.

Changing it has no effect on the display. If I enable scaling, I get the jagged fonts. I only get a smooth display with scaling disabled.