English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Apps

Old 03 April 2010, 16:42   #41
IFW

On a less serious note: yes, I can sign the games for you - or maybe even have a retro meet up sometime with you and other guys in the UK
Old 03 April 2010, 16:50   #42
IFW

Also I'd like to add that if this turns out to be true it completely undermines any sort of validity in claims that they licensed anything else on those disks at all including kickstart and workbench.

Yes, I am very upset about this.
Old 03 April 2010, 17:05   #43
Korodny
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetr0 View Post
come on, you know better than that, there is NO WAY cloanto has sought rights for all the games they have in the collection.
Actually, I'm 100% sure that Cloanto would not deliver pirated games. They might include cracks without licensing the cracker's work - most of the copyright owners (have to) do that for technical reasons - but certainly not pirated games. The Cloanto I know are very concerned about the rights of Amiga developers.

There must be some simple explanation for this mess. Perhaps the AF version you got was modifed somehow? (where did you buy it?)

I'll drop Michele from Cloanto a mail and ask for clarification.
Old 03 April 2010, 17:06   #44
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetr0 View Post
if Allen1 or anyone whom has Amiga Forever 2009 do a game-directory-dump just open a command line and type "c:\dir /b > c:\info.txt"

there will be a text file called info on the root of your "C:" drive
I shall attach the dump from my AF2009 CD to my next post here in a short while.

My machine is a desktop model turned on its side. I need to switch it off and put it back on its base to read the CD, so I'll be logged of while I do it.
Old 03 April 2010, 17:14   #45
mr.vince
Cheesy crust

Man... I have a lot of emails to send out today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korodny View Post
I'll drop Michele from Cloanto a mail and ask for clarification.
I already did this a couple if minutes ago...
Old 03 April 2010, 17:33   #46
prowler
Global Moderator

Here it is:
Attached Files
File Type: txt AF2009Games.txt (4.7 KB, 409 views)
Old 03 April 2010, 18:18   #47
IFW

Hmm, that list is considerably shorter... but I guess it's not the premium edition or whatever.
Are you absolutely sure that your version is something they really sell?
Old 03 April 2010, 18:20   #48
mr.vince
Cheesy crust

This looks like the one from the AF 2008... at least it looks similar to what I can find. Still there are candidates on this list, like Hybris, that are in cracked format.
Old 03 April 2010, 18:26   #49
XimeR

From what I can tell, the Premium Edition is just the same as the Plus Edition, but with two dvds, which contain videos and not games. http://www.amigaforever.com/videos/

My list seems to be the same as Prowlers.
Old 03 April 2010, 18:26   #50
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFW View Post
Hmm, that list is considerably shorter... but I guess it's not the premium edition or whatever.
Yes, it's the Amiga Forever 2009 Premium Edition bought directly from Cloanto (via Avangate) with two Video DVDs included.

It's the editions which feature a much longer list of games which are the pirated versions they do not sell.

Many posts in this thread will actually be defamatory toward Cloanto if they are not based on their retail versions of AF2009. Proceed with care.
Old 03 April 2010, 18:28   #51
Korodny
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFW View Post
I have the Plus (i.e. CD) edition of AF2009, what prowler posted is indeed the content of /Amiga Files/Games/. There is no other game content anywhere on the CD.

@mr.vince:

Well, he got two mails then
Old 03 April 2010, 18:29   #52
IFW

There is a premium edition selectable on their site and it retails for 50 euros, 1 cd plus 2 dvds.
Can someone post the entire list of dvd contents please, specifically the games section?
Old 03 April 2010, 18:47   #53
prowler
Global Moderator

There is nothing except video content on the two DVDs included with Premium Editions of Amiga Forever.

Only the CD contains any games, and all those are listed in my attachment above.

Anything which includes a comprehensive selection of Amiga games on a DVD which purports to be a legitimate copy of Cloanto's Amiga Forever is not what it seems.

Last edited by prowler; 03 April 2010 at 19:13. Reason: Made last paragraph more accurate.
Old 03 April 2010, 18:54   #54
prowler
Global Moderator

Er, actually there is a Games directory, at least on DVD1. I'm not sure about DVD2 yet.

I'll post some more lists in just a moment...

Edit: DVD1 has the games content, albeit nothing like as much as we were led to believe. There is only video on DVD2.
Attached Files
File Type: txt AF2009DVD1Games.txt (1.5 KB, 217 views)

Last edited by prowler; 03 April 2010 at 19:00.
Old 03 April 2010, 19:03   #55
IFW

Zetr0: it seems you bought a fake version of AF then from someone?
In that case Cloanto would probably love to hear who is selling those... count me in as well.
Old 03 April 2010, 19:14   #56
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

@thread

please note that I bought the disks a long time ago, the package I bought them in looked to me perfectly legitimate.

it contains 3 dvd's I have imaged on my system here.

In my many moves I lost the case and disk 3, I do believe I have the physical disks of dvd disks 1 and 2 here in storage.

Although (*as memory recalls*) the disks look perfectly legitimate to me there is always a chance this is not the case.

If these disks are infact spuriously built on some download then I will huimbly appologise in this matter, the irony would be that I have been under the impression that ALL Amiga Forever collections were of the ones I have...

If some one can PM me an email address I will send you a directory listing of the disks that I have.
Old 03 April 2010, 19:39   #57
prowler
Global Moderator

Here is the AF2009 DVD1 front-end menu, with the Games option selected, showing the games included on the disc:

The DVDs were first included with AF2005 Premium Edition. The same DVDs were also included with AF2006, AF2008 and AF2009 Premium Editions. All discs therefore appear to be Amiga Forever 2005 versions.

The AF2009 issue exhausted the supply of video DVDs which are not expected to be availiable in future versions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AF2009DVD1Games.JPG
Views:	795
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	24867  

Last edited by prowler; 03 April 2010 at 19:44.
Old 03 April 2010, 20:09   #58
Allen1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetr0
if Allen1 or anyone whom has Amiga Forever 2009 do a game-directory-dump just open a command line and type "c:\dir /b > c:\info.txt"

there will be a text file called info on the root of your "C:" drive
Sorry I have been elsewhere but I noticed prowler has done the honours, Cheers prowler

Zetr0, if you are anything like me, then chances are you may have added the other games as you found them on other legitimate sites and put them where you can access them alphabetically or just to create a collection. I doubt you have done or used anything in an illegal manner so don't worry about it, its not as if you are selling them or anything like that
Old 03 April 2010, 20:37   #59
mr.vince
Cheesy crust

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
Here is the AF2009 DVD1 front-end menu, with the Games option selected, showing the games included on the disc:

The DVDs were first included with AF2005 Premium Edition. The same DVDs were also included with AF2006, AF2008 and AF2009 Premium Editions. All discs therefore appear to be Amiga Forever 2005 versions.

The AF2009 issue exhausted the supply of video DVDs which are not expected to be availiable in future versions.
Now that is funny!

I happen to have the 2008 edition, with the videos (no computer data on them), but I can verify the other list above (the shorter one) which includes e.g. "Hybris" with a "Cracked by message" fully intact. I remember other games have cracktros as well... which is... strange. Can you please verify how many disks Sword of Sodan on AF2009 has? The original has 3 disks, the crack, from what I remember, has 4...
Old 03 April 2010, 20:41   #60
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.vince View Post
Can you please verify how many disks Sword of Sodan on AF2009 has? The original has 3 disks, the crack, from what I remember, has 4...
Extract from AF2009DVD1Games.txt attached above:
F:\Emulation\Games\sword_of_sodan\application.xadml
F:\Emulation\Games\sword_of_sodan\legacy.uae
F:\Emulation\Games\sword_of_sodan\swordofsodan-1.adf
F:\Emulation\Games\sword_of_sodan\swordofsodan-2.adf
F:\Emulation\Games\sword_of_sodan\swordofsodan-3.adf
F:\Emulation\Games\sword_of_sodan\swordofsodan-4.adf
F:\Emulation\Games\sword_of_sodan\thumbnail.gif

Four disks.