English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 26 May 2024, 07:20   #1
cbmeeks

Trouble backing up Amiga 600 files

Hello.

I have an Amiga 600HD that has a bunch of stuff that I would like to transfer over to my Linux PC. I did this four years ago for my Amiga 1200.

On the 600, I managed to copy over fat95 and CFD133. I installed fat95 (double clicked installer...nothing seemed to happen) and I copied the compactflash.device (or whatever it's called) over to the DEVS folder, rebooted, etc.

But when I try to mount a CF drive, it just crashes and says "C:Mount...wait for disk activity to finish".

I'm reasonably sure the CF card is good. When I open the card setup in WB, it shows the model number of the card. And it's formatted as FAT32 on my Linux PC.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

The only terminal program I have on here is TermII and I cannot seem to get it to copy files to my Linux PC (not sure how to do it).

Thanks.
Old 26 May 2024, 10:41   #2
Don_Adan

Not enough stack size or program requires 68020+.
Old 26 May 2024, 14:50   #3
derSammler

Simply connect the hard disk from the A600 to the Linux system and image it with dd. Linux can even read FFS (at least it could in the past).

You can also use the image with any flavour of UAE and copy the files from there.
Old 27 May 2024, 06:15   #4
cbmeeks

I would like to try and mount the CF on my Linux machine and try copying files that way.
When I attach the CF drive, I can see it under Linux as /dev/sdc. Next I installed WinAUE (under Wine) and it seems to run OK but it's looking for Windows/DOS file paths. I can't actually browse the CF because it's formatted for the Amiga.

Is it possible to mount the CF in Linux in such a way that WinAUE can see it?

Thanks

**UPDATE**

Sorry, I pivoted a little from my original question. I can dd the original drive once I get a proper adapter for it (IDE to USB),

Now, I need to go the other way around. I want to transfer new programs from my Linux box to the NEW CF drive I have that's been formatted already with WB2.1.

Thanks

**UPDATE 2**
Looks like I may have solved my own problem. I managed to get Fat95 and the CF driver to work on this new install. I can now move files over with CF.

Thanks again for all the help.

Last edited by cbmeeks; 27 May 2024 at 08:17.