English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 06 September 2021, 13:04   #21
Photon

It can be challenging to play through, it's mostly about not having to hit perfect diagonals or quick hand-eye coordination / rattle off lots of shots per second.

Boxx (from clip) seemed to be short but have pretty good level design and not Megaman style.

Treasure Trap (from clip) seems the right tempo, maybe on the slow side.

Got them and will try.

Also looking for puzzles where you can go into "automatic brain mode" sorting and matching (that don't have stress-tempo ending the automatic mode, which is tricky to find). Pot Panic? Was Hatris ever released?

Edit: Played the games
Chip's Challenge - definitely got the most playtime, and I deem it a perfect suggestion Feel free to suggest more like this!

Treasure Trap - unfortunately it navigates with diagonals, and worse yet, stops your character if you don't hit them exactly. Game seems neat otherwise, might work with my best (arcade) joysticks.

Pot Panic - is basically Hatris. Was OK I guess, hard to find a motivator.

Boxx: Framerate makes a grown man cry but the tempo is right and pretty easy, I can play through the 3 and wouldn't mind more like this.

Stormlord: nope. Not even with trainer and joystick and redbull Nice production, but the game itself is bad.

Benefactor: Might work (with button as jump) with some training on the special jumps. But I think I won't have the patience. (Pixel perfect platformers feel very old to me.) Neat game if you like them!

Last edited by Photon; 06 September 2021 at 18:49.
Old 06 September 2021, 17:51   #22
SquawkBox
Speedbump gimme goosebump

Send a message via ICQ to SquawkBox
Paramax (1991) (Kingsoft)
A nice little cutesy shoot'em up platformer on the easy side.
Old 20 September 2021, 04:05   #23
SquawkBox
Speedbump gimme goosebump

Send a message via ICQ to SquawkBox
Traps 'n' Treasures (1993) (Starbyte) is a fine game if you're into platformers.
Old 30 September 2021, 15:40   #24
breech

How about Ugh, Ooops Up, Puzznic
Old 02 October 2021, 03:19   #25
technomancer

Logical Edit: requires mouse
Naughty Ones with infinite lives

Last edited by technomancer; 02 October 2021 at 03:26.
Old 02 October 2021, 13:32   #26
Torti-the-Smurf

BC Kid - If you liked Giana Sisters, you might like BC Kid. Music is also very relaxing (mostly)

There are so many to choose from, and thanks to WHDLOAD pretty much all of them do support a second button.

I play with a 3 Button Sega Mega Drive Joypad (2nd gen - those with the amazing D-Pad)

Can´t use a Joystick anymore. My hands gets cramped up.
Besides, this Joysticks where the reason alot of Amiga games only used one fire button

Greetings, and have fun chilling out ; Torti

Last edited by Torti-the-Smurf; 02 October 2021 at 13:45. Reason: Adding a few Smileys n Stuff :)
Old 15 March 2022, 20:55   #27
kremiso

Brian the Lion, played with infinite hit-points

you can die the same loosing all the lives (ie falling into pits, or when close to exploding bombs), but imo it gains A LOT of points played in that way, helping also the exploration

better, less stressful

Last edited by kremiso; 15 March 2022 at 21:46.
Old 14 April 2022, 06:18   #28
MrD

Definitely try Super Gem'Z. It's like sokoban+pengo but much prettier, and with an interesting colour matching/cycling mechanic. And if you get stuck you can usually destroy the blocks with bombs to pass the level. It has no time limits and has regular passwords and lots of levels.

Controls are up/down/left/right, hold Fire and pull direction to kick a gem several tiles away, hold Fire 2sec to plant a bomb where you're standing.

Spindizzy Worlds might be a good fit. You play as a pyramid exploration drone and explore strange puzzle landscapes and hit switches to open the exit. The Easy cluster is like a tutorial (play planet Tutorial first to learn the rules of switches) and is very chilled out.

There is a 'fuel' limit but it's very forgiving if you just wander about and explore. About one in ten levels is a timed race though, sorry you might be able to find a trainer that turns off the time limit for these races or the fuel limit as well, and then you'll be free to explore the landscapes with no trouble.

The controls are up/down/left/right and Fire to accelerate faster. You can also use Space on the keyboard to brake quicker but you don't really need it.

Push-Over and One Step Beyond are alright if you turn off the time limits as well. Check if Clockwiser supports a joypad - I think there's a CD32 version.
Old 13 December 2022, 11:48   #29
kremiso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photon View Post
Boxx: Framerate makes a grown man cry but the tempo is right and pretty easy, I can play through the 3 and wouldn't mind more like this.
the new Scorpion beta remake plays a ton better, framerate talking

https://lemming880.itch.io/boxxremake

lovely color use, it seems an AGA/VGA game
Old 13 December 2022, 11:53   #30
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Speris Legacy is great with a controller.
Old 23 December 2022, 00:53   #31
Photon

Ooh, some suggestions thanks all It's not from cramping up Torti, just "controller=comfy" sometimes. Relaxing, casual. Same on PC, console etc ofc, not all games have to be arcade competitive you know. (And they can even be, as long as competitive is comfy, long as not Megaman/memorizing level competitive you know).

And a Kingsoft entry as well that I didn't know about, thx TCD they will all be tried out over the holidays, Amigas surreptitiously set up in preparation.