Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 27 March 2023, 16:33   #1
Overdoc
Commodore Collector

Satan - how to finish part 2 ?

I recently played the Amiga game 'Satan' again, which is split into 2 parts:

Part 1 - Warrior
Part 2 - Magician

After some attempts, I finished the first part, which is kind of a Black Tiger clone, but actually a good game.
At the end it says 'You are now a Magician', so that you can start part 2 of the game.

However, part 2 seems to be a totally different game, in which you need to kill Satan with a sword or some shots you can buy, but after killing hin he will re-appear in 2 more flying incarnations, which then again will split into 2 more smaller flying incarnations once you killed these.
So, in the end you need to kill 7 Satans, not just 1

There is a shop where you can buy some extra stuff, like a better shot, some energy potions, or also some fire resistance potions, as well as a scanner for easier finding the flying Satans.

But, the problem is that you need to shoot these 7 incarnations a ton of times until they are killed, even when equipped with the best shot you can buy!
There is also a time limit, and it seems impossible to kill all 7 Satasn within this limit, since each of them takes ages to be killed.

I also couldn't find a longplay of this? There is only a longplay of part 1 available, but not for part 2?

Also the controls are extremely stupid:
To be able to drink potions, you need to press 'H', and to be able to jump to higher ledges above, you need to press the left 'A' key (by normal jumping with joystick you cannot jump high enough to reach the ledges above...)
There are also some gold pots which you can destroy to get some coins to buy better equipment, but as mentioned, even with the best shot you can buy, it takes ages to kill Satan

Did anyone every finish this game?
Or does anyone have some recommendation how to play part 2?

Thanks!
Old 27 March 2023, 17:13   #2
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

The instructions mention that you need to save at least one wizard in the 'second load': https://hol.abime.net/1838/manual
Old 27 March 2023, 17:59   #3
Overdoc
Commodore Collector

Thanks for this hint.

However, this is not the problem, as it happens already when you kill Satan the first time. You have thren already rescued one wizard.
This is rather easy since Satan is still running on the ground in his first incarnation. But once killed, he splits into 2 flying 'dragon-like' creatures, and it is more difficult to hit them with your shots, and will simply take too long to kill them without loosing too much energy.

It is much easier on the C64 where I was able to finish this easily.
Old 27 March 2023, 18:09   #4
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Is this the second part: [ Show youtube player ] ? (played on ST it seems, but it should be pretty much identical to the Amiga version)
Old 27 March 2023, 18:28   #5
stainy
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to stainy Send a message via MSN to stainy
So much satans
Old 27 March 2023, 21:20   #6
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
You need to kill all the forms of Satan.
Old 28 March 2023, 17:38   #7
Overdoc
Commodore Collector

Thanks for the Atari ST longplay!

Although the player seems to use a 'maximum coins' cheat in the shop with something like 60.000$ to spend, I love his tactics to shoot diagonally while being crouched to the ground, since this gives the player sprite some defense against Satan's shots.
I need to try this tactics - maybe it works?

The author of this longplay also doesn't seem to know that you can only jump higher by pressing another key (no idea what it would be on the Atari ST?! On Amiga, it is the left 'A' key)
Funny to watch when he jumps and tries to reach the ledges above....
Old 29 March 2023, 04:38   #8
demoniac

Looking at my screenshot timestamps, I beat this game in 2012. There's only one magician to be rescued. The disk I used had Fusion's trainer.