English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga File Server

Old 07 July 2020, 01:06   #2541
quantum8

Happy to see it back up and running. Thanks for all the hard work combing what looked like a nightmare of directories to go through!
Old 07 July 2020, 10:16   #2542
Havie

I'd just like to say well to done to all involved. The FTP in an invaluable resource when sometimes you're looking for something and I don't think some of the members can understand the amount of work needed to sort it out!

Perhaps they should check every file on their own computer and see how long this takes!
Old 08 July 2020, 13:26   #2543
Revenile

Glad to see the FTP is back up. Am gonna have to work on getting my post count high enough to gain access. Thanks again for the hard work keeping the FTP clean as according to your rules, guys. Some may not like the idea, but the rules are there for a reason. Most companies probably don't care if their Amiga games are hosted on the FTP here as their software isn't for sale anywhere but maybe second-hand and probably for stupid high prices, but stuff that's still legally available for easy purchase? I agree it needs to be kept clean unless given strict permission. So yeah, good job guys
Old 08 July 2020, 15:41   #2544
Turran

Russia is once again open for business. I removed the block. Lets hope they behave =)

Only china being totally blocked right now.
Old 08 July 2020, 16:17   #2545
chip

Glad to see the ftp server back again

Thanks for all the work done
Old 13 July 2020, 23:37   #2546
peo

gdrive is not yet synced.. is there a problem, or is it just going slow ?
For instance most of the directories in "Collection" are empty on the gdrive share (actually ALL, except "Icons" are empty).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turran View Post
Google drive link back. It has not synced everything yet but I'll open it early.

Give it a few days to sync over everything.
Old 14 July 2020, 20:27   #2547
Turran

Thanks. Looking into it now. Its synced OK, just not shared. I thought google would automatically share new subfolders in an already shared folder but its messing with me.

Edit: Seems google drive is stupid as f**k. I tell it to share to "anyone with this link" and it does not do it recursively. Some folders and files remain not shared. Anyone know how I can make permission changes apply recursively?
Same if I remove the share by setting the root share to "restricted", it does not change share settings on subfolders and files. Only the top level directory.

I can manually share, for example the Collection\BBS\MAINSOURCE folder which is not seen otherwise, but that only shares the folder. I then have to go into the folder and share all files in there.

This happens all over the place. For example the TheZone\files\_2019 folder is not shared on google drive for some reason. All file permissions etc are correct.

Same problem as these guys: https://support.google.com/drive/thread/13499232?hl=en

Quote:
Originally Posted by peo View Post
gdrive is not yet synced.. is there a problem, or is it just going slow ?
For instance most of the directories in "Collection" are empty on the gdrive share (actually ALL, except "Icons" are empty).

Last edited by Turran; 14 July 2020 at 22:10.
Old 14 July 2020, 20:59   #2548
mai

Is there a list of files(full ISOs or archives) that have been removed ?
Old 15 July 2020, 22:55   #2549
peo

What happens if you create a new "root" share and move the first level of subfolders there ? So now it is (was, because it's not accessible right now) EAB/Collections; create a new shared folder within EAB (as it was before "Amiga" because at some point it might be C64 stuff there too as it was before), set permissions for anyone to read. Move "Collections" and other first level folders there.

Edit: and maybe change "EAB" permission to public first, to avoid problems with the new "Amiga" subfolder

Quote:
Anyone know how I can make permission changes apply recursively?
Same if I remove the share by setting the root share to "restricted", it does not change share settings on subfolders and files. Only the top level directory.
Old 16 July 2020, 08:28   #2550
Turran

tl;dr = New google drive link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...9EebUyPyceqang

I did a variant. If I renamed the root folder, made a new one, shared it and then moved the contents into it, it seems to propagate. We'll see how it behaves but yeah.. don't use google drive for these kinds of things.

Its still applying the new permissions so not everything is visible yet, but I can see it working at least.
Old 16 July 2020, 14:38   #2551
Mickoz

Thanks to all for the mammoth effort of cleaning up and making this treasure available again. I get lost for hours looking through all of the files in there.
Old 16 July 2020, 20:45   #2552
Turran

I think google drive stopped propagating the permissions again. Not all folders visible from the link.

I'll probably shut it down if I can't find a solution as there is no point having a half working secondary option for people to find the stuff. Perhaps time for a FTP mirror again or something.
Old 17 July 2020, 08:27   #2553
Paulee_Bow

I’d like to make a request about the archive.

The Mirage/Fairlight/etc sample libraries for Amiga are a very important resource for not only the Amiga community, but owners of vintage samplers and synthesizers.

Could I ask whether they will be brought back? They were in someone’s ~Uploads folder, I can’t remember off the top of my head.

Thanks a lot
Old 17 July 2020, 09:04   #2554
chip

For xanderbeanz

You can use the file search to find where are the files you are looking for

Even if they are not public, the search works anyway
Old 17 July 2020, 09:26   #2555
Paulee_Bow

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip View Post
For xanderbeanz

You can use the file search to find where are the files you are looking for

Even if they are not public, the search works anyway
Thanks chip. It did indeed work.
The folder in question is:

/~Uploads/adrdesign/SAMPLES4AMIGA/

Being that they are all .iff samples, with no dodgy software/cracks/copyrighted ROMs, I wonder if this folder, and the folders contained within (Ensoniq, Roland etc) could be made public without too much difficulty?

Ok, thanks
Old 17 July 2020, 11:27   #2556
chip

To make a folder public to the users it needs the permission of a global admin

At least is what i know, i hope i'm not wrong
Old 17 July 2020, 13:44   #2557
emiespo

Quote:
I think google drive stopped propagating the permissions again. Not all folders visible from the link.

I'll probably shut it down if I can't find a solution as there is no point having a half working secondary option for people to find the stuff. Perhaps time for a FTP mirror again or something.
This was a real gem, thank you! I was trying to use Google due to its download speed (dumping everything from an old PC to a spare HD I have hanging around).

Would it be at least possible to raise the download cap of the FTP up to a real Amiga capabilities? (Like 180k/sec with my ZZ9000 ) I use to download a couple of things directly from time to time, without the hassle of having a PC turned on with a local FTP server.

I read the rules for registered users, and I am pretty sure I am not active enough on the forum not to be deleted at the first occasion...
Old 18 July 2020, 01:34   #2558
PinkDuck

Question, are all old previously uploaded folders deleted, or do I just not see them for some reason?
How current is filelist.zip with the FTP server?
Old 18 July 2020, 02:25   #2559
chip

The upload folders are not deleted, are just hidden to everyone except the original uploader
Old 18 July 2020, 13:34   #2560
Turran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkDuck View Post
How current is filelist.zip with the FTP server?

It is updated every 24 hours (Check file date on it). It also includes all the ~Uploads folders, even if you can't see em. Its a bit of a tease I supposed but I've not yet changed it to not include them, if I ever will. Lots of work =)