English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 20 August 2016, 15:44   #1
MechUnit77

Problems with Microcosm on WinUAE - Black Screen

Hey guys!

I've got some problem with Microcosm. I can play the 1st level before arriving the pod bay. Then I select the 1st stage/level. I'm flying through the venes then and after some time the game stops and a black screen appears. There also isn't anymore sound. I still can pause the game and hear the pause-music then, but no more.

It doesn't matter where I am in the level and the error appears sometimes earlier and sometimes later.

What I've checked already:

- Tried the original disc, the image from it and a downloaded image - this makes no difference.

- Tried the last version of WinUAE before the latest and the latest version. Also no difference.

- Checked my CD32-Config. It's everything set correctly like a real and not accelerated CD32.

- No other CD32 games having issues except Zool 2... The ingame-GFX looking weird.

So I don't know what the problem is and can't figure it out. Maybe there's some help available?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. It seems that you, Toni, fixed the "problem" with colored FMV-videos in Microcosm when cheating? Because they're black and white again like on the real CD32 when somebody was cheating. Maybe there's still a trick to have colored FMV's, even when cheating?

Old 20 August 2016, 16:03   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

First step is to ignore your CD32 config you have and select Quickstart panel cd32 most compatible config.

If it still happens, use -cd32log -log command line parameters ("winuae.exe -cd32log -log"), when black screen appears, create statefile, quit emulation. Attach winuaelog.txt and statefile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechUnit77 View Post
P.S. It seems that you, Toni, fixed the "problem" with colored FMV-videos in Microcosm when cheating? Because they're black and white again like on the real CD32 when somebody was cheating. Maybe there's still a trick to have colored FMV's, even when cheating?
Yeah, it enables chipset feature, that probably no one has ever used, to make b&w image, feature that seems to be designed for some expansion that was never created or for hardware testing.

Maybe later..
Old 20 August 2016, 17:27   #3
MechUnit77

Ok, that's funny:

it works in compatibility mode and now with my config, too. Just changed the advanced chipset-settings to "compatible" so the problem in Microcosm might have something to do with the settings there? But for now I could finish the whole 1st level. I'll keep trying the other levels till the end.

Old 20 August 2016, 18:11   #4
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechUnit77 View Post
Ok, that's funny:

it works in compatibility mode and now with my config, too. Just changed the advanced chipset-settings to "compatible" so the problem in Microcosm might have something to do with the settings there? But for now I could finish the whole 1st level. I'll keep trying the other levels till the end.
I can't say anything useful without your config file.
Old 20 August 2016, 18:18   #5
MechUnit77

Ok I will add my CD32-cfg.

I could complete Microcosm with all levels and videos.
Attached Files
File Type: uae CD32_1.uae (13.4 KB, 80 views)

Old 20 August 2016, 18:35   #6
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Your config is more like emulating A1200 with CD expansion, not CD32 with hardware emulated CD32 CD controller.

CDFS automount and uaescsi.device must not be enabled. Chipset extra must be CD32.
Old 20 August 2016, 19:24   #7
MechUnit77

I see. Will change this. Thanks!