English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.OtherUAE

Old 21 June 2011, 00:31   #1
MethodGit

Anyone working on a UAE4iOS/iUAE/iOSUAE/whatever?

Aside from whatever Manomio is doing that seems to be going nowhere, that is.

I recently acquired a spanky new white iPhone 4 which I've spent an awful lot of time on, suffice to say.

I briefly experimented with UAE4Droid back when I had a cheap tablet or two to test it on, but was turned off by the poor speed and lack of multitouch (though both are highly likely to be the fault of the tablet and not the app anyhow), and while the mother has an HTC Desire phone that she doesn't use much, I doubt I could get away with installing random apps on it. :\

So I'm holding out hope that somehow, some talented programmer dude out in that great big wide world is secretly working on a similar app for iOS, and that they're not being turned off from doing so because of Manomio. I mean, if there's one platform that will surely allow me to enjoy the wonders of Amiga Rodland on the go without running like it's on a combination of treacle and molasses, it's the iPhone 4.
Old 21 June 2011, 05:27   #2
Vairn
The Grim-Button

it really depends on how patient you are.

I am slowly working on an emu in my "lack of" spare time, since I may get 1 or 2 hours a week, where I don't have Wife, work, or 16 month daughter time. The progress is slower then slow.
Old 26 June 2011, 17:36   #3
galu

Please post a progress report every few months, so we'll be aware that the project is still alive

Meanwhile, I'd like to recommend Modizer ( http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/modizer/id393964792?mt=8 ) - "a multiformat modules & chiptunes player" with direct access to Unexotica and Modland music collections - and Youtube.app & Demoscene TV ( http://itunes.apple.com/pl/app/demos...347046191?mt=8 ) for watching videos of Amiga demos and countless Amiga longplays.