English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hall Of Light > HOL suggestions and feedback

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 25 March 2021, 17:47   #1
Akira
Black Lives Matter

Akira's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: New York
Posts: 19,518
Blork (unreleased)

Saw this one around:
https://www.gamesthatwerent.com/2021/03/blork/

It isn't in HOL.
Akira is offline  
Old 25 March 2021, 18:22   #2
CFOU!
Moderator
CFOU!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: France
Age: 48
Posts: 3,350
it's a quality fun game.
i will done whdload's patch to test it
CFOU! is online now  
Old 25 March 2021, 18:49   #3
capehorn
Registered User
capehorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: UK
Age: 40
Posts: 1,711
If I remember correctly the final boss has no hitbox, so you cannot damage it.
capehorn is offline  
Old 25 March 2021, 18:51   #4
nivam
Registered User

 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Greece
Age: 47
Posts: 71
Never seen this game before, interesting
nivam is offline  
Old 25 March 2021, 20:00   #5
Aladin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: France
Posts: 667
@CFOU : Good idea

Blork (1994 Scienide) demo
https://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=3637 (ADF)
[ Show youtube player ]


Can you also make the second game:

Dr cube’s magic lands (1994 Scienide)
https://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=3638 (2 ADF)
http://hol.abime.net/6127
[ Show youtube player ]


Scienide site (no download)
http://scienide.clan-ludwig.de/html/games.htm

Last edited by Aladin; 26 March 2021 at 12:53.
Aladin is offline  
Old 25 March 2021, 21:22   #6
BippyM
Global Moderator

BippyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Derby, UK
Age: 46
Posts: 9,266
This is an impressive looking game
BippyM is offline  
Old 26 March 2021, 10:11   #7
CFOU!
Moderator
CFOU!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: France
Age: 48
Posts: 3,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aladin View Post
@CFOU : Good idea

Blork (1994 Scienide) demo
https://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=3637
[ Show youtube player ]


http://scienide.clan-ludwig.de/html/games.htm

Can you also make the second game:

Dr cube’s magic lands (1994 Scienide)
http://hol.abime.net/6127
[ Show youtube player ]
link for donwload are dead but i found Blork (to second game)

Blork's patch it's working, some last tests & package to do before release.
CFOU! is online now  
Old 26 March 2021, 12:55   #8
Aladin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: France
Posts: 667
cool
For Dr Cube you can download the two ADF on Pouet
Aladin is offline  
Old 26 March 2021, 17:54   #9
CFOU!
Moderator
CFOU!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: France
Age: 48
Posts: 3,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aladin View Post
cool
For Dr Cube you can download the two ADF on Pouet
Blork's WHDlaod's finished (soon released)

DR. Cube's Magic Lands patch soon finished
- working already on HD

to do
-----
- test a bit of course (only level1 tested)
- trainer
- Quiket for 68000
- Load/save HighScore on HD
- package
CFOU! is online now  
Old 26 March 2021, 18:08   #10
Aladin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: France
Posts: 667
thank you, you were quick
Aladin is offline  
Old 27 March 2021, 14:47   #11
Nightshft
Registered User

 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Austria
Posts: 501
Meanwhile I tried out Dr. Cubes Magic Lands. It's really well done, high fps, smooth scrolling and some nice gameplay features. Its quite a cool game, however I played it up to level 4 and can tell you, it's not easy

What I found out until now:
- There is a copy protection in level 2, as seen in hipoonios video.
- The version on pouet is uncracked.
- In the comments of hipoonios video somebody posted a link to the essential copy protection solution picture. It works fine.
- There was a cracked (and leveltrained) version uploaded to the zone years ago but I can't find it anymore.
- The pouet, ftp tosec, ftp bippy and damienD versions are identical (adf have the same hash, it's the uncracked version)

Thanks for working on it CFOU!

PS: For anybody playing it, to select the item at the copylock use joystick up-left and up-right and then use joystick up-fire to drop the item.

Last edited by Nightshft; 27 March 2021 at 15:46.
Nightshft is offline  
Old 27 March 2021, 14:54   #12
Nightshft
Registered User

 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Austria
Posts: 501
and about a possible cheat:
in the Video comments a dev meant that there's a cheat:
Enter "BOAHSATTEHALLUSEY!" while playing. But I couln't get that to work. I even did a quick mem scan with ThrillKill but, so far, no cigar.

Edit:
Just found the cracked version. It was nicely done and trained by musashi9 in 2015. Couldn't find it on the Flashtro page but it's on the ftp (theZone/files/_2015/drCube.zip).
As musashi added infinite lives the cheat isn't really needed anymore (at least when playing the cracked version). It just would be fun to find out

Last edited by Nightshft; 27 March 2021 at 15:37.
Nightshft is offline  
Old 27 March 2021, 15:31   #13
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

CodyJarrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: UK
Age: 44
Posts: 6,000
If it's useful, here are some level maps: http://hol.abime.net/6127/gamemap
CodyJarrett is offline  
Old 27 March 2021, 16:11   #14
CFOU!
Moderator
CFOU!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: France
Age: 48
Posts: 3,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightshft View Post
and about a possible cheat:
in the Video comments a dev meant that there's a cheat:
Enter "BOAHSATTEHALLUSEY!" while playing. But I couln't get that to work. I even did a quick mem scan with ThrillKill but, so far, no cigar.

Edit:
Just found the cracked version. It was nicely done and trained by musashi9 in 2015. Couldn't find it on the Flashtro page but it's on the ftp (theZone/files/_2015/drCube.zip).
As musashi added infinite lives the cheat isn't really needed anymore (at least when playing the cracked version). It just would be fun to find out
I have already added unlimited lives!!
Patch finished
PS: it seems there are non cheat mode and highscore screen and save HS not impemented in current version
CFOU! is online now  
Old 28 March 2021, 16:44   #15
DamienD
Banned
DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 45
Posts: 20,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightshft View Post
- The pouet, ftp tosec, ftp bippy and damienD versions are identical (adf have the same hash, it's the uncracked version
Eh? I use this set in my collection
... Dr. Cube's Magic Lands (1994)(Scienide)[cr Flashtro][t +4 Flashtro](Disk 1 of 2).adf
... Dr. Cube's Magic Lands (1994)(Scienide)[cr Flashtro][t +4 Flashtro](Disk 2 of 2).adf
DamienD is offline  
Old 28 March 2021, 18:45   #16
BippyM
Global Moderator

BippyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Derby, UK
Age: 46
Posts: 9,266
Erm... .the Bippy version?!?!?!?




Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightshft View Post
Meanwhile I tried out Dr. Cubes Magic Lands. It's really well done, high fps, smooth scrolling and some nice gameplay features. Its quite a cool game, however I played it up to level 4 and can tell you, it's not easy

What I found out until now:
- There is a copy protection in level 2, as seen in hipoonios video.
- The version on pouet is uncracked.
- In the comments of hipoonios video somebody posted a link to the essential copy protection solution picture. It works fine.
- There was a cracked (and leveltrained) version uploaded to the zone years ago but I can't find it anymore.
- The pouet, ftp tosec, ftp bippy and damienD versions are identical (adf have the same hash, it's the uncracked version)

Thanks for working on it CFOU!

PS: For anybody playing it, to select the item at the copylock use joystick up-left and up-right and then use joystick up-fire to drop the item.
BippyM is offline  
Old 28 March 2021, 19:16   #17
CFOU!
Moderator
CFOU!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: France
Age: 48
Posts: 3,350
V1.1 soon released
- Manual Protection code included to solve level2 puzzle
- Selectable Start level via CUSTOM2
- level13 crash fixed
CFOU! is online now  
Old 29 March 2021, 03:58   #18
Nightshft
Registered User

 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Austria
Posts: 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Eh? I use this set in my collection
Ah, sorry, guess I should install some updates
Quote:
Originally Posted by BippyM View Post
Erm... .the Bippy version?!?!?!?
This refered to the zips in your ftp upload folder. I was searching for the cracked version - not so much for me, but to investigate where it is and for preservation - and all I found was the standard version everywhere. Sorry for the confusion guys.

Looking forward to CFOU's patch
Nightshft is offline  
Old 29 March 2021, 12:26   #19
DamienD
Banned
DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 45
Posts: 20,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightshft View Post
Ah, sorry, guess I should install some updates
Yup

...and the .ADF of "Blork" has been in my collection for ages now
DamienD is offline  
Old 17 April 2021, 16:49   #20
Akira
Black Lives Matter

Akira's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: New York
Posts: 19,518
Did anybody get this to run ? Crashed my 020 A600.
Akira is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Calephar [unreleased] DamienD request.Old Rare Games 8 26 July 2016 21:26
Some unreleased games utri007 project.aGTW 2 29 October 2009 14:16
Unreleased Games? NytroX86 project.aGTW 19 25 February 2007 21:59

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 15:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.17579 seconds with 13 queries