English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 01 October 2010, 14:54   #21
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Will test it from home later with the same setup.
Old 01 October 2010, 20:49   #22
Allen1

I found out why my computer wouldn't show that trailer, it accesses h**p://s.ytimg.com/ which I had blocked ages ago in Ad Muncher due to problems with a site installing spyware and pop ups. That did help but whether that had anything to do with the problem or if it was just a normal process at the time is something I never looked further into.

EDIT :-

Or maybe it wasn't Ad Muncher at all, I have blocked the hxxp://s.ytimg.com/ link again and the video still plays when I access the site. It is either one of those things that happen or the site has been sorted?

Re-EDIT :-

After exiting Firefox and clearing history etc, the trailer fails to load again. It looks like "hxxp://s.ytimg.com/" has to be allowed to access the video. Do a google on "s.ytimg.com/" it seems that the "ytimg" is :- YouTube IMaGe server

Last edited by Allen1; 01 October 2010 at 21:31.
Old 26 April 2011, 14:44   #23
Greyfox
Pixel Blender!

Send a message via MSN to Greyfox
resurrecting this thread with a new update and new information regarding the film

Hello everyone!

If you're reading this, you've probably been to http://www.amigafilm.com and have seen the trailer, and are likely an Amiga user or general fan. But if that's not the case, here's the general pitch:

In 1985, a powerful new kind of computer was born. It was 10 years ahead of its time, and ready to take on Microsoft, IBM and Apple for control of the PC market. The Amiga computer revolutionized video, multimedia and digital art, with Andy Warhol being a big advocate. It was also known for being a fantastic video games machine. Despite the computer's manufacturer going bankrupt in early 1990's, the Amiga has a huge cult following worldwide to this day. This film documents the rise and fall of the Amiga in the marketplace, and gives an inside look at the passionate and eccentric community that surrounds it. We've got in-depth interviews with the Amiga's designers, engineers and advocates, and we'll be shooting even more. This is a compelling and unique documentary, rich with animation and a distinctive style. Viva Amiga is also being written and directed by an Amiga user - me, Zach Weddington! Without the Amiga, I seriously doubt my career in film and animation would be where it is today.

Rather than just ask for donations, we've decided to give everyone some cool stuff in return, so take a look at the great rewards we're offering at the various donation levels. These packages we're offering now at these prices will only be available to Kickstarter donators, so don't miss the chance to get this stuff and help fund the film. All donations for packages include shipping!

Your donations will enable us to complete the film. Here are some big names that we've already filmed so far:

Jeff Porter - Former Commodore Engineer - in charge of hardware develepment. He gave us the 500.

Dave Haynie - Former Commodore Engineer - best known for the Amiga 3000. He shot the infamous "Deathbed Vigil" video.

Bil Herd - Former Commodore Engineer, Principal Enginneer on the Commodore 128 and others...

Andy Finkel - Former Commodore Engineer - software

Jason Scott - Computer Historian, Writer (http://www.textfiles.com), and Filmmaker (BBS - The Documentary, Get Lamp)

...and several other important Amiga journalists, scenesters and engineers too.

Oh yeah, let's not forget about the kick-ass soundtrack being composed by Amiga mod scene musician Zoƫ Blade!

http://zoeblade.bandcamp.com/

So now...

RJ Mical, legendary video game industry pioneer, Workbench designer, and part of the original Amiga design team, has just signed on to be interviewed. We need some cash to get to Silicon Valley to shoot his segment.

Eric Schwartz, well-known Amiga animator, will appear in the film as well. He has also offered to do some special graphics for the film. You can help me pay to fly him out to our studio! You know, this guy...

[ Show youtube player ]

We've got some shoots planned in Northern Germany and London right now, and we will use the money to get there. We feel that it is essential for Europe to be well-represented in the film, as Europeans embraced the Amiga so heavily. We could also use some camera gear of our own - all gear has been loaned to us thus far. Your money will go towards that as well.

Also, everyone is working on this film for free so far. Noone expects to be paid, really, but I know for a fact that you get what you pay for. I'd like to be able to pay my talented composers, designers, animators and fact checkers for their excellent work.

There's already a lot of interest in this film. We've got 400 people signed up to pre-order it, and hundreds of fans on Facebook. We just need a little help with funding, and now you can pre-order the film to help make it happen.

Take a look at the packages we're offering.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...cumentary-film

so please, please support this project..it's gonna be awesome...

all the best
Old 26 April 2011, 16:14   #24
trackah123
Amiga User

I certainly would like to donate, its just that i dont have a creditcard. I mostly use PayPal with electronic banking option
Old 26 April 2011, 16:17   #25
Greyfox
Pixel Blender!

Zach the Producer is looking into it at the moment and hopes to come up with a solution to this problem, stay tuned.

edit: also to mention that the DVD packages will be available through Paypal when it's released, but at the moment, the funds being donated are to aid the development of the feature eg. production cost, interviewee fees etc...allowing the donators to become benefactors to the project, so if it is a case your only interested in purchasing the finished product you will be able to do so via paypal.

hope this helps.

edit 2 : an alternative method of payment which may suit is https://www.3vcash.com/ as pay as go credit card transactions

Last edited by Greyfox; 26 April 2011 at 18:05.
Old 26 April 2011, 19:16   #26
trackah123
Amiga User

Yes thats nice. but i hope i can still pre-order it using Paypal without using creditcard. so many pre-order goodies
Old 27 April 2011, 13:06   #27
laffer
Zone Friend

This does indeed look interesting, I'll definitely have to check this one out.

EDIT - looking at the donation page has me a bit worried... it says -

Quote:
This project will only be funded if at least $25,000 is pledged by Wednesday Jul 20, 8:22pm EDT.
So does this mean they will either reach that goal or there will be no movie? I got myself quite worked up about this movie here now, would be a bit of a tragedy if it never saw the lack of light due to lack of funding

Last edited by laffer; 27 April 2011 at 13:28.
Old 27 April 2011, 14:16   #28
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

All sounds good, but I take umbrage over the term 'eccentric'.

You don't need to be eccentric to appreciate the Amiga in the past or today, it has too many negative connotations for me i'm afraid.
Old 28 April 2011, 02:36   #29
Djay
95th User

can't wait
Old 01 May 2011, 05:37   #30
desiv

Doing my part to spread the word:
http://digg.com/news/technology/amig...on_kickstarter
(Never posted my own digg, but figured what the heck, might find a few ex-Amiga owners out there)

desiv
(I'm not on those newfangled facebookey twittery things..) :-)
Old 01 May 2011, 15:49   #31
Djay
95th User

@Zach (incase he views this thread at some point)

This may have been asked and answered elsewhere but have you tried to contact any amiga game developers? Would be interesting to hear they're take on the Amiga?

And maybe interviews with crackers and demosceners?

Last edited by Djay; 01 May 2011 at 19:03.
Old 05 May 2011, 11:49   #32
trackah123
Amiga User

Still no info on PayPal support on the backing system?
Or iDEAL bank-payment method.

Should help increase the $25.000 goal i guess? the more payment methods the better?

Maybe in US/UK everyone has a creditcard but in Europe its less commonly used i think.
Old 05 May 2011, 15:45   #33
Pyromania

Viva Amiga will be the very best and ultimate documentary about Amiga!
Old 05 May 2011, 17:15   #34
desiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackah123 View Post
Maybe in US/UK everyone has a creditcard but in Europe its less commonly used i think.
I thought PayPal worked with bank/checking accounts also, not just CCs?

desiv
Old 05 May 2011, 22:45   #35
trackah123
Amiga User

@desiv

PayPal does work with bank accounts too yes, i have 1 connected to it.
Old 17 May 2011, 18:23   #36
desiv

BUMP and update..
I just got an update this morning from them in my e-mail:
Quote:
Just wanted to post a comment to say thanks again to all the backers so far. Got some shoots coming up this weekend, things are really in full swing with the film. Thanks for your support!
So, if you haven't yet, please consider:

desiv
Old 18 May 2011, 09:12   #37
chiark
Needs a life

thanks for the bump - I'll back this on kickstarter for sure, and will also post on Amibay.
Old 18 May 2011, 10:53   #38
phipscube
WipEout Fanboi

I've put my support in, it looks very promising.
Old 18 May 2011, 13:56   #39
Greyfox
Pixel Blender!

Thank you to everyone so far that has committed to this project, it really be worth it's weight in gold when completed

If you love Amiga , this is the swan song on what actually happened from the words of the people behind it's success
Old 14 June 2011, 13:12   #40
Greyfox
Pixel Blender!

just a few updates on the Viva Amiga Project, PLEASE support the project if you have not already, this is gonna be brilliant when finished and a must own for all of us who loved and still do and grew up with the Amiga, it would be a travesty not to see this realised..so head over to

we are at our half way mark now.

Update #4: Keeping it old school

Posted on June 5

[ Show youtube player ] Just another reason to care about Viva Amiga and possibly donate: The guy who is making 3D models for me as I type this is the guy who wrote the manual for Imagine, a leading 3D animation package for the Amiga. This is cool stuff, if I say so myself. [ Show youtube player ]
www.youtube.com

Update #3: Blipfest segment now online!

Posted on June 1

[ Show youtube player ]
Chiptune artists ctrix, 4Mat, Stagediver and Bit Shifter at Blipfest 2011...using Amigas in live performances and proclaiming their awesomeness. Check ctrix also playing a Gatari! (DIY atari guitar).

Update #2: Blipfest 2011 - Success!

Posted on May 23

Hey all...got some great footage and interviews at Blipfest 2011. LOTS of Amigas in use at the show. Gonna be a great segment with Stagediver, ctrix and 4mat.

http://blipfestival.org/2011/

Update #1: Thanks everyone.

Posted on May 17

Just wanted to post a comment to say thanks again to all the backers so far. Got some shoots coming up this weekend, things are really in full swing with the film. Thanks for your support!