English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.SPS (was CAPS)

Old 19 October 2022, 07:11   #1
sean_sk
Gimmemore Commodore

Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?

Hi all,

I recently purchased a games bundle which included a retail copy of Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?
Unfortunately the write tab was closed and saw that not only had it been used to save game progress but it also has the Byte Bandit virus in the boot block.

I was going to use an IPF file to write back to the disk using my Greaseweazle but noticed that the IPF that is available isn't the same version as the one I have. Mine has Font Mover 1.1 whereas the IPF file doesn't have that. I'm guessing it's because it's the US version and I think I may have the European version perhaps?

Would anyone happen to have a dump of this game, either Kryoflux RAW or SCP, that I could please use to restore this disk back to it's former glory?
Old 19 October 2022, 20:05   #2
BarryB
Amigaholic

I have a kryoflux dump, verified by Denis as unmodified, has Font Mover 1.1 on it!

I've uploaded an unofficial IPF to The Zone, made with Disk-Utilities a few minutes ago!

Last edited by BarryB; 19 October 2022 at 20:13.
Old 20 October 2022, 03:41   #3
sean_sk
Gimmemore Commodore

@BarryB That's fantastic! That's exactly what I needed! Thanks so much!
I spent evenings trying to see if I could repair the original disk but to no avail. And as was mentioned elsewhere in this forum, once that boot block virus is there it permanently damages data on the floppy.

Also, thanks for your contributions to Keir Fraser's Disk Utilities. I found it very useful for creating my own IPF's from my collection.
Old 20 October 2022, 22:46   #4
BarryB
Amigaholic

Glad it will help restore your original, personally I only repair the tracks or sides that need repairing!