English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 17 March 2013, 02:08   #1
W4r3DeV1L

Send a message via MSN to W4r3DeV1L
WB3.1 more languages *Help*

Hello!

I would be grateful if someone of you would help me out with the following issue I am having with my Amiga.
I have found a nice .hdf for winuae with lively icons and graphics
but it is in french language. But what I need is italian or at least English
so I tried to copy the language files of my WB3.1 Locale disk into the
dh0:Locale/Languages.
Then from the Preferences I changed the language from French to Italian or from French to English but it seems that nothing would really change.

The Language seems to remain French.

Any help with this?

Thanks a lot!

Daniele

oopsss.. I am sorry... I should have specified that the program I would like to have in Italian or English is the WorkBench!

So I just want to change the WB language from French to Italian and adding more languages files to the Locale/Languages folder didn't serve the purpose!

Any Idea?

Last edited by W4r3DeV1L; 17 March 2013 at 13:21.
Old 17 March 2013, 05:26   #2
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

For each program you need a catalog file named the same as the program, eg. SYS:Locale/Catalogs/italiano/AmiArcadia.catalog is the Italian translation of the AmiArcadia program.

If there's no Italian catalog file available for that program then you will not be able to run that particular program in Italian. What particular programs are remaining French, you mean various programs in SYS: ? The necessary Italian catalogs are probably not on the HDF. Can you give a link to the HDF?

Programs running in French rather than English is strange though. Either your Preferences are still not set up properly or the relevant program is French-only.
Old 17 March 2013, 13:20   #3
W4r3DeV1L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuous View Post
For each program you need a catalog file named the same as the program, eg. SYS:Locale/Catalogs/italiano/AmiArcadia.catalog is the Italian translation of the AmiArcadia program.

If there's no Italian catalog file available for that program then you will not be able to run that particular program in Italian. What particular programs are remaining French, you mean various programs in SYS: ? The necessary Italian catalogs are probably not on the HDF. Can you give a link to the HDF?

Programs running in French rather than English is strange though. Either your Preferences are still not set up properly or the relevant program is French-only.

oopsss.. I am sorry... I should have specified that the program I would like to have in Italian or English is the WorkBench!

So I just want to change the WB language from French to Italian and adding more languages files to the Locale/Languages folder didn't serve the purpose!

Any Idea?
Old 17 March 2013, 14:22   #4
thomas

Delete envarc:sys/locale.prefs, then reboot. Now Workbench should be in English. Run Prefs/Locale and select Italian language, Italian country and Italian time zone.

Note that you can select multiple languages. The languages are applied top to bottom, whichever is found first. If you want to prefer only one language, you have to click on "clear languages" before you select the new one.

The built-in language is English. So if you select Italian and it is still French, it's not because Italian is not installed but because you didn't unselect French (by "clear languages").
Old 17 March 2013, 17:56   #5
W4r3DeV1L

Floppy disk

Hello Thomas!

I deleted the file dh0:Prefs/Env-Archive/Sys/locale.prefs then rebooted and opened Prefs, then Locale and after clearing all the languages I added the italian language, then saved , rebooted but the only language I can have in my WB is just Englih! Can you give a look and tell me what to do please!!!

Very happy to have you here!

Daniele

PM has been sent to you...
Old 17 March 2013, 21:05   #6
thomas

Insert Install3.1.adf into DF0 and Locale3.1.adf into DF1, then open Install3.1 -> Install -> Italiano, select to update languages and add Italian.
Old 17 March 2013, 21:42   #7
W4r3DeV1L

Hi!!

You are too nice to assist me. No I have set it right!

Thanks a lot Thomas!

Daniele