English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 12 August 2002, 09:52   #1
cmarcel23

help me please...im losing sleep!!!

ive been trying to run shadow of the beast on winuae v.08.08r8 (i heard its the best one) and i've tried all kinds of configurations, tried it on winfellow, i even had someone test the files(thanks DJAY) to make sure they were working properly, and i still have nothing. the first disk(with the intro) boots up perfectly, but when it actually gets to the title screen, and the access display reads "05" it stops. The music keeps playing, it even advances to the next screen of the intro, but it wont bring up a prompt for disk 2. Is there ANYTHING I might be overlooking? please repond with ANY questions or suggestions. The files are in the zone for anyone who wants to try it. If you do get it to work, please post the configuration, it it much appreciated! THANK YOU!

Old 12 August 2002, 10:02   #2
alkis21
Zone Friend

Send a message via MSN to alkis21
Ok first of all, go get some sleep. It's important for your health.
Back? Good. Here's what I suggest: The hard disk version of SOTB works fine on WinUAE. So what you should do is create a virual 'hard disk'. This homepage: http://www.emuunlim.com/aiab/ has everything you need for the job, it makes things a lot easier than they sound. Then download the hd version and it will work.
Maybe it sounds like too much trouble for running a single game, but you said any suggestions!
Old 12 August 2002, 10:24   #3
Walker

Here's a working config file for Shadow Of The Beast 1. I tested it with WinUAE 0.8.21 R4.
Attached Files
File Type: uae beast.uae (2.1 KB, 172 views)
Old 12 August 2002, 20:52   #4
Djay
95th User

i did have to wait an usual amount of time for the prompt to appear, almost a minute after then second screen!

and...

this post belongs in your original thread about the problems loading Beast...