English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.aGTW

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 24 October 2008, 22:34   #1
s2325
Zone Friend

s2325's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Gargore
Age: 41
Posts: 17,789
Turbo Star Grand Prix

http://hol.abime.net/3635/miscshot I can not find more info or adf.
s2325 is offline  
Old 25 October 2008, 00:05   #2
TCD
Registered User

TCD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 43
Posts: 24,024
Here's a thread where Turbo Star Grand Prix is mentioned : http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=23553
Seems like the game was never released.
TCD is offline  
Old 25 October 2008, 18:50   #3
s2325
Zone Friend

s2325's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Gargore
Age: 41
Posts: 17,789
thank you for information
s2325 is offline  
Old 13 May 2011, 21:42   #4
thoddytph
 
Posts: n/a
Turbostar GrandPrix from TurtleByte

Yes, the game was never released.
First a few words about me. My name is Thorsten Heldt, living in Duisburg germany,now 42 years old.
I am one of the programmer of the game. Coders: Oliver Reese (essen Germany,Thorsten Heldt (Duisburg,Germany).
Graphics: Sascha Reese( Essen Germany , his brother) and Klaus Barchfeld (essen Germany.)The release should be january 1989. The Programm was 100% finished and 99.999 % buckfree, what is a lot for a programm complete written in assembler. Turtlebyte was newer satisfactioned. One programm change after another. After a while we have said , NO MORE CHANGES. Cover Design was changes two times. etc etc Two weeks later we had an court case. Months after months, it ended.After a comparison, we ask for our money for programming and turtlebyte ask for a lot of money for the promotion sales. (Packaging, Coverdesign, Full page (Full colour) announcements in magazines etc etc. That was it. We have not seen any cent, they also.
Two and a half year every free minute coding,scetching the grafik etc was for the A S S. At that time we were 18 years old. After that short time later Turtlebyte has closed.

The copyprotection was from the legandary H.G.Berg
Yes, the game has splitscreen. If it would the first racing game released in amiga history. A track designer for your own tracks was included.

Yes, i have the game, i have the sourcecode ,the graphics etc etc but i dont know if any from the 3,5" disc could be read after so long time.
24 years.


With regards Thorsten Heldt programmer of Turbostar GrandPrix

By the way, i am searching high density scans from the magazines, the game was anounced.
 
Old 13 May 2011, 22:08   #5
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

StingRay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Berlin/Joymoney
Posts: 6,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoddytph View Post
The Programm was 100% finished and 99.999 % buckfree,
That's quite a bold statement. And considering that you didn't earn a single buck with the game, the typo is somewhat funny.
StingRay is offline  
Old 13 May 2011, 22:14   #6
thoddytph
 
Posts: n/a
NO, not any buck....
 
Old 14 May 2011, 00:17   #7
Retro1234
Boo

Retro1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 5150
Posts: 4,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoddytph View Post
Yes, i have the game, i have the sourcecode ,the graphics etc etc but i dont know if any from the 3,5" disc could be read after so long time.
24 years.
Maybe someone here can help you dump it If you dont have an Amiga anymore.
Retro1234 is offline  
Old 24 May 2011, 11:16   #8
gogoac
Registered User

gogoac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cologne/Germany
Age: 40
Posts: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoddytph View Post

Yes, i have the game, i have the sourcecode ,the graphics etc etc but i dont know if any from the 3,5" disc could be read after so long time.
24 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Boo View Post
Maybe someone here can help you dump it If you dont have an Amiga anymore.

There must be someone who can help to dump it, so maybe another game can be saved!?
gogoac is offline  
Old 22 May 2021, 00:27   #9
Subzero
Living and Legend

Subzero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Isla de Muerta
Posts: 115
the game we got from him were, well , iam friendly, the game was not good quality... we in turtle byte decided to give no cent untill they managed, to deliver us a version which could be sold. but they didnt, so we didnt wanted the game anymore, and he meant we have to pay him, we refused.... not paying for games which were quality wise really worth, for a racing game i want smooth scrolling, split screen the same, so he promised, but couldnt deliver. btw. could be possible that the game lurking in one of the quarterbackup disks ....https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hlt1q2n1f...B1XE7KTma?dl=0
which could be read after 30yrs. but a bit complicated to work with qbackup's using an emu...
Subzero is offline  
Old 22 May 2021, 03:04   #10
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ireland
Age: 43
Posts: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzero View Post
the game we got from him were, well , iam friendly, the game was not good quality... we in turtle byte decided to give no cent untill they managed, to deliver us a version which could be sold. but they didnt, so we didnt wanted the game anymore, and he meant we have to pay him, we refused.... not paying for games which were quality wise really worth, for a racing game i want smooth scrolling, split screen the same, so he promised, but couldnt deliver. btw. could be possible that the game lurking in one of the quarterbackup disks ....https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hlt1q2n1f...B1XE7KTma?dl=0
which could be read after 30yrs. but a bit complicated to work with qbackup's using an emu...
Hope its in there and someone can get it running- now I am curious to see if the scrolling is not so smooth etc.
Adrian Browne is offline  
Old 23 May 2021, 12:59   #11
Subzero
Living and Legend

Subzero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Isla de Muerta
Posts: 115
well you'll have a laugh iam sure. wasnt even worth to release under skid row. and the protection was a standard disk protection the company used on all turtle byte games. a modified xcopy version from Frank Neuhaus (and H.G.Berg) which was simple and surely nothing special.the game was/is lame... thats my opinion. and thats why we havent paid those boneheads. ps: other software houses overhere refused to pay for such a game. too much bucks for too much bugs. and btw: we didnt closed after a short time, was a couple years later, but...
Subzero is offline  
Old 30 May 2021, 07:08   #12
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ireland
Age: 43
Posts: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzero View Post
well you'll have a laugh iam sure. wasnt even worth to release under skid row. and the protection was a standard disk protection the company used on all turtle byte games. a modified xcopy version from Frank Neuhaus (and H.G.Berg) which was simple and surely nothing special.the game was/is lame... thats my opinion. and thats why we havent paid those boneheads. ps: other software houses overhere refused to pay for such a game. too much bucks for too much bugs. and btw: we didnt closed after a short time, was a couple years later, but...
Ouch, sounds like it was a bad game indeed.
Adrian Browne is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Virtual Grand Prix - Can't get it to run Zetec-s support.Games 30 24 April 2019 20:10
F1 grand prix frame rate universale support.Games 18 13 July 2015 21:45
Formula One Grand Prix (MicroProse) Bamiga2002 HOL data problems 3 07 February 2012 10:21
Turbo star grand prix Galaxy request.Old Rare Games 4 09 August 2005 03:33
Nigel Mansel Grand Prix Carlos Ace request.Old Rare Games 4 14 August 2002 17:58

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 18:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.10322 seconds with 14 queries