English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 12 May 2021, 12:47   #781
d4rk3lf

@KK
Yeah, we know all that man, but thanks for explaining anyways for newcomers.

Miggy4eva was vastly impressed with your demo, and often, he was showing it as an example of what could be done. And the talk was about Wolf3D engine, not Doom.
I think he would be super happy with this project.
I am not sure if he is aware of it, though.
Old 12 May 2021, 13:46   #782
roondar

Dread is looking to be amazing. Period. Consider the target hardware, check the results. No further research needed. If it plays anywhere near as good as it looks and sounds, this will be a very special game indeed.

And maybe KK or if he's not interested, someone else, can eventually look at what can be done extra on A1200 level HW. But honestly, even though I'd find that very cool as well, it doesn't matter. The A500 version looks to be great as is
Old 12 May 2021, 13:51   #783
rabidgerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK/Altair View Post
Definitely there's a limit to what can be done.
Can I make Doom run on Amiga OCS - definitely not.
Can I make something that feels like Doom, is fun and it's going to be a best* FPS for Amiga OCS - oh yeah!

So instead of crying over the first option, I go for the latter.
yes so work around the issue and do something differently in order to make something similar. It's great
Old 12 May 2021, 14:16   #784
KK/Altair

Quote:
And maybe KK or if he's not interested, someone else, can eventually look at what can be done extra on A1200 level HW.
Dread does stable 20+ FPS on A1200. So I guess it will hold on there pretty well, as well.
Old 12 May 2021, 15:30   #785
roondar

Quote:
Dread does stable 20+ FPS on A1200. So I guess it will hold on there pretty well, as well.
Cool
Such a nice project, looking forward to the next video already
Old 19 May 2021, 18:45   #786
Tsak
Pixelglass/Reimagine

And here's a bit of spritework also. The 'Head' enemy is a complete overhaul of the Free-Doom variant, recolored to our new palette and repixeled under 1x2 res.
Old 19 May 2021, 18:56   #787
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

^ whaou ! Even the clouds are
Old 19 May 2021, 19:07   #788
LaBodilsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsak View Post
And here's a bit of spritework also. The 'Head' enemy is a complete overhaul of the Free-Doom variant, recolored to our new palette and repixeled under 1x2 res.
we are not worthy.
Old 19 May 2021, 19:08   #789
samo79

@Tsak

Looking forward to see that new graphics in motions ;-)
Old 19 May 2021, 19:25   #790
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:

fabulous !
Old 19 May 2021, 19:37   #791
vulture

looks splendid!
Old 19 May 2021, 19:59   #792
d4rk3lf

Ahh man...
this Tsak textures are somehow reminding me of Ultima Underworld (which is great, because I really love them much more then Doom textures), because they are so clean, and there's no crappy dighter (which only brings the ugly noise)

Man.. when this goes on my CRT... and my old TV soft blur all the TSAK textures, it will be splendid.. I can already see that.

Not sure about this bug sprite thingy.. never seen it before.. sure, the Tsak conversion is waay nicer.. but I can't understand it's position in space...
I am unsure what to think of it, unless I see it in motion (unsure about it's size too).

Guys... any video where I can see that sprite in motion?
So I can compare.
Old 19 May 2021, 20:40   #793
ESC
Bad Banana

That's some pretty cool stuff, can't wait to see it in action, are you working on a video going trough the process in the same way you did the weapons?
Old 20 May 2021, 00:06   #794
Tsak
Pixelglass/Reimagine

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBodilsen View Post
we are not worthy.
He, he, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by malko View Post
^ whaou ! Even the clouds are
These are made by Dennis Ramberg (aka @PixelShade) who joined us a few months back
The clouds in this pic are not the most recent version btw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rk3lf View Post
Not sure about this bug sprite thingy.. never seen it before.. sure, the Tsak conversion is waay nicer.. but I can't understand it's position in space...
It's because there's no shadow currently. There's a chance I'll include them into the frames once the pixelwork is complete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESC View Post
That's some pretty cool stuff, can't wait to see it in action, are you working on a video going trough the process in the same way you did the weapons?
Yes, next video is on the way and it will (probably) be all about this current work. However as I'd loath to hear again (and any time soon) my awkward greek-lish accent, I think I'm gonna pass on this one (it's also a heck of a lot of work).
There are thoughts Dennis might take the torch to help with the presentation on this video.
Old 20 May 2021, 03:04   #795
invent
pixels

Stunning work as always to all team members.
Old 20 May 2021, 10:34   #796
Mathesar

Quote:
Yes, next video is on the way and it will (probably) be all about this current work. However as I'd loath to hear again (and any time soon) my awkward greek-lish accent, I think I'm gonna pass on this one (it's also a heck of a lot of work).
There are thoughts Dennis might take the torch to help with the presentation on this video.
I love your greek-lish accent. Just as I love KK's accent. We are not all native English speakers. You should hear my Dutch-lish accent!
Beautiful pixel work btw. Can't wait to see it moving!
Old 20 May 2021, 11:02   #797
roondar

You know, the more I see it, the more I think this engine may also work really well for an RPG. The new enemy design kind of gives me those otherworldly feelings
Old 20 May 2021, 16:59   #798
ESC
Bad Banana

Quote:
No one likes their own accent, whenever I hear my own Swedish accent I cringe but then I realize that no one likes their own voice so it's fine, don't worry about it dude
Old 20 May 2021, 17:06   #799
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

Quote:
Definitely there's a limit to what can be done.
Can I make Doom run on Amiga OCS - definitely not.
Can I make something that feels like Doom, is fun and it's going to be a best* FPS for Amiga OCS - oh yeah!

So instead of crying over the first option, I go for the latter.
And you did some incredible work mate.
Love your strategy on this one.

We need to play to play to the Amiga's strengths instead of trying to just brute force copy PC stuff, and you did it with grace and style.
Old 20 May 2021, 17:06   #800
roondar

Best way I've found to get used to your own voice is to record a couple of dozen hours of it for YouTube videos and then having to listen to all of it while editing said videos. I found myself immune to my personal dislike for my voice quickly enough
Quote:
We need to play to play to the Amiga's strengths instead of trying to just brute force copy PC stuff, and you did it with grace and style.
100% this!