English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 23 January 2021, 01:41   #1
earok

Primal Rage manual / how to use second fire

I've been asked about second fire in Primal Rage. It seems to be problematic (Interesting review from Amiga Power), but I'm wondering if it's just that second fire is used in a non traditional way.

Upon investigating it myself, I found that after enabling second fire in options:
- Holding second fire seems to prevent jumping, AND
- If you tap or rotate the joystick in certain ways, it triggers certain special attacks, taunts etc.

While second fire support in most fighting games is meant to separate kicks and punches, I'm wondering if second fire in Primal Rage is meant to be a way of separating special moves from regular ones.

In any case, I can't find a scanned manual of it online. Is anyone able to shed any light on this?

EDIT: Have tried using second fire with this moves list, including fatalities, seems to work - http://amr.abime.net/review_14244

Last edited by earok; 23 January 2021 at 01:55.
Old 23 January 2021, 03:13   #2
d4rk3lf

Quote:
Originally Posted by earok View Post
- If you tap or rotate the joystick in certain ways, it triggers certain special attacks, taunts etc.
Haven't play it for a long time, but yeah, I think one major difference (gameplay wise) between this game, and other fighting games, is that you hold down the attack buttons, then press the arrows keys combination, for attacks and special attacks.
Even on Arcade is like that, I think.

Imho, it was a pretty dumb move by creators, because, people at that point was so used to Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter gameplay style, that this new approach really ruined the feel.

If we talk animals fight, I love Brutal Paws of Fury much more