English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Looking for a game name ?

Old 18 January 2011, 08:00   #1
fishyfish
Banned

Trying to find a 1 on 1 fighter shareware game whose name I dont know

Even back in the Amigas heyday I struggled to find this game, but with time I've forgotten most of what I had seen. All I can tell anyone is that it was a 1 on 1 fighter game, and some form of shareware. The graphics looked inspired by fatal fury, but with smaller characters and having been drawn by someone without the talent of the people behind fatal fury (that said it still didnt look too bad from what I can remember). I also seem to vaguely remember it being advertised for sale in some old amiga magazines (not full page commercial game type advertisements though), and Im pretty sure it was reviewed in CU Amiga Magazine at some point too (or possibly Amiga Format) (as a shareware product).

I suspect I'll remember it's name if someone mentions it, but Ive never avtually played it, so that combined with time give me very few clues to offer people.

Thanks in advance
Old 18 January 2011, 08:06   #2
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

The Art Of Breaking Heads?
Old 18 January 2011, 08:49   #3
fishyfish
Banned

Nope, wasnt that one. The character graphics were a bit smaller I think, and graphics in general looked a little brighter.

That said though, I'll have to check that one out too. Im on a bit of a "homebrew" Amiga game kick at the moment
Old 18 January 2011, 09:05   #4
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Fighting Warriors or Mad Fighters II?
Old 18 January 2011, 09:21   #5
fishyfish
Banned

Definately not Fighting Warriors, Mad Fighter 2 I dont think so, but hard to say without seeing screenshots. If my memory serves correctly wasnt mad fighters a commercial game that was never released ? Im nigh on positive this game was a shareware game that gave you X amount of characters for free and you could "unlock" the rest for a small fee. I have vague memories (possibly innaccurate) of the review I read saying it was technically playable on a 68000/ecs machine, but an aga machine being recommended.
Old 18 January 2011, 09:44   #6
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Mad Fighters II was released but became the unreleased X-Fighter.
Old 18 January 2011, 10:32   #7
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishyfish View Post
Im on a bit of a "homebrew" Amiga game kick at the moment
If you have a bit spare time you could have a look at this thread : http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=37876
You might find your game and maybe discover some other gems
Old 18 January 2011, 12:01   #8
s2325
Zone Friend

Please remember that most PD games were embarassing but after some digging you should find something playable. I hate tons of card games and rushed Boulder Dash clones.
Old 18 January 2011, 13:55   #9
fishyfish
Banned

The game actually looks a little bit X-Fighter, but the graphics are smaller in the game Im looking for. If Mad Fighter 2 became X-Fighter, then I can only assume there was a Mad Fighter 1 ? There's enough of a similarity between how I remember this mystery fighting game looking and X-Fighter for me to not completely dismiss the idea of there being a link between the 2 (having said this though X-Fighter definately isnt the game Im looking for).
I like the PD thread though, lots of interesting stuff for me to have a look at
Old 18 January 2011, 14:00   #10
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Mad Fighter I is lost to the mists of time. It may not have even been released.