English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. General

Old 17 February 2007, 00:00   #1
eLowar
Citizen of Elthesh

Post Online HTML vers of A.Mail Vol2, Dev- , HW-, Libs-Manuals and Incl.&Autodocs 2.0/3.5

Greetings,

The following archive contains online HTML versions (converted from Amiga Guide files) of the following publications:
  • Amiga Mail Volume II (Articles, as of May/June 1993)
  • Amiga® RKM Devices Manual
  • Amiga® Hardware Reference Manual
  • Includes and Autodocs 2.0
  • Includes and Autodocs 3.5
  • Amiga® RKM Libraries Manual

Permanent link: http://amigadev.elowar.com/

Bookmarking sub-pages is safe, links should never change*. The directory listings should be Amiga-friendly as well. If there are any problems, let me know.

Edit: (*) As some have noticed, the original archive was affected by a recent total server crash. Since I don't know exactly where everything was, I've used the opportunity to move these files to a new location with a more flexible structure (in case new things are added later). So yes, links have changed, but this should be the last time. Sorry about that.

Edit2: Old links and bookmarks should work again, see my post below.

Last edited by eLowar; 16 August 2009 at 21:57. Reason: Links changed. ;) (and links fixed)
Old 17 February 2007, 11:54   #2
Paul
RIP Friends

Made this thread Sticky and copied to Amiga FAQ wiki http://wiki.abime.net/amiga:manuals
Old 17 February 2007, 12:20   #3
Joe Maroni

Send a message via MSN to Joe Maroni
great...
Old 17 February 2007, 15:03   #4
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Indeed, very nice!
Old 20 February 2007, 08:52   #5
lucadip
Where is my mind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eLowar
Greetings,

The following archive contains online HTML versions (converted from Amiga Guide files) of the following publications:
  • Amiga Mail Volume II (Articles, as of May/June 1993)
  • Amiga® RKM Devices Manual
  • Amiga® Hardware Reference Manual
  • Includes and Autodocs 2.0
  • Includes and Autodocs 3.5
  • Amiga® RKM Libraries Manual
Great, thank you very much. Did you also prepare an archive to download all the contents and read them offline?

Ciao,
Luca
Old 20 February 2007, 09:00   #6
Chain
A-Collector, repairments

Send a message via ICQ to Chain
holy grail i say

Old 20 February 2007, 09:08   #7
eLowar
Citizen of Elthesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucadip
Great, thank you very much. Did you also prepare an archive to download all the contents and read them offline?
It was mostly meant as an online reference, but I can add archives later when I get home.

If anybody has any other related Amiga Guides or converted Amiga Guides (not strictly necessary, I can convert them myself), I'll gladly add them to the directory as well. Preferably it should be stuff that's not readily available elsewhere.

Edit: What archive format's good for everybody? Options would be .tar.bz2, .tar.gz, .7z or possibly .rar; not .zip, only solid archives, or they'd get way bigger than they need to be.

Last edited by eLowar; 20 February 2007 at 09:17.
Old 20 February 2007, 09:56   #8
Damage

that's fantastic thank you
Old 20 February 2007, 19:53   #9
eLowar
Citizen of Elthesh

Arrow archives

Fine, nobody answer me.

.tar.bz2 it is.

http://pub.elowar.com/AmigaDev/@Archives/
Old 21 February 2007, 09:46   #10
lucadip
Where is my mind?

Quote:
Fine, nobody answer me.

.tar.bz2 it is.

http://pub.elowar.com/AmigaDev/@Archives/
tar bz2 is fine. I'm looking for any other electronic document I might have, maybe I find something to add to your archives. Great job anyway!

Ciao,
Luca
Old 03 March 2007, 15:54   #11
mrodfr

Quote:
Greetings,

The following archive contains online HTML versions (converted from Amiga Guide files) of the following publications
Thanks a lot for this verry great programming site.

do you accept other files and the format ?????

I have made Amiga Docs Disk Preservation Project and there are some programing files (in txt format) on LSD, SCIENCE,etc,....) disks series.

are you interested to have the files and add on your site ??? (files will be in txt format and of course, have programming as subject).

Last edited by mrodfr; 03 March 2007 at 16:00.
Old 04 March 2007, 01:27   #12
eLowar
Citizen of Elthesh

Yeah most any (not too obscure) format is fine, really. This wasn't originally meant as anything more than a quick dump of the files you see there now (as opposed to a full blown archive site), but I'll gladly add any other material not readily available anywhere else (online) and useful for at least a couple of people.

Anything that's nicely organized can be put up immediately, for everything else I'm too busy with more important projects (GBA/MAGE) right now, I'm afraid, and it'll have to wait (unless somebody else wants to prepare it for publication).

Now that it looks like the archive will be growing I'll eventually make proper HTML pages, rather than the plain Apache index pages, too. The main URL might also change at that time, but we'll see how it develops.

Until then feel free to send me anything well organized for immediate upload. You can also send me anything else, just don't expect anything to happen with it too soon.
Old 04 March 2007, 10:42   #13
mrodfr

hello,

OK, elowar. I have the project to make an archive for programming manuals and docs and put on aminet because I don't know internet site.

With your site, I think It's better to put also all my futur work on your site.

There is an archive on aminet about this subject yesterday,
(amigadocs.lha), with 5 mo of stuff for programming the amiga for informations (I'm not the author, thanks to him for his work).

if there are jewels on the archive and would want to have some part added on your site but files need some work, I could make that (but of course, slowly that mean take times).
Old 04 March 2007, 20:50   #14
eLowar
Citizen of Elthesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrodfr
if there are jewels on the archive and would want to have some part added on your site but files need some work, I could make that (but of course, slowly that mean take times).
Feel free to do so and let me know when anything is done.
Old 05 July 2007, 17:51   #15
frotzen

Very much needed!

Thanks!

Old 26 June 2008, 18:52   #16
ChrisH

I don't wish to be rude, but isn't this a copyright violation, and thus highly illegal? I mean, I had to buy my AmigaOS SDK...

Particularly given the hoo-har surrounding the BitTorrent causing that new Guru book to be cancelled...

edit 1 & 2: Sure, if it was impossible to buy them, then I might understand, but they're still available at the moment. And possibly worse, as Amiga Inc is still around, they might not take too kindly to it.

Last edited by ChrisH; 26 June 2008 at 19:08.
Old 26 June 2008, 20:10   #17
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

Well, there's a lot more on the Developer CD than just those files...so the CD is still well worth buying especially at 13 quid.
Old 26 June 2008, 21:45   #18
BippyM
Global Moderator

These are easily found elsewhere on the net, and if they were so worried about copyright then why put HTML files on the CD.

Show me where they are still available to buy (new and being sold by amiga inc or whoever) or if Amiga Inc ask for them to be removed fair enough!

Until then I don't see this as a huge issue, esp if you considering we are trying to get more users into developing for the amiga, which is a step in the right direction

or am I completely missing something and everone wants to completely bury and silence the amiga and it's limited userbase!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post
I don't wish to be rude, but isn't this a copyright violation, and thus highly illegal? I mean, I had to buy my AmigaOS SDK...

Particularly given the hoo-har surrounding the BitTorrent causing that new Guru book to be cancelled...

edit 1 & 2: Sure, if it was impossible to buy them, then I might understand, but they're still available at the moment. And possibly worse, as Amiga Inc is still around, they might not take too kindly to it.
Old 27 June 2008, 10:17   #19
ChrisH

Quote:
Originally Posted by bippym View Post
Show me where they are still available to buy (new and being sold
I already did, although it seems you missed the link, so here it is again:
Vesalia Computer
Old 27 June 2008, 12:54   #20
BippyM
Global Moderator

My apologies I missed it!!

We are not linking to the CD!

Anyway if someone who owns the copyright wants to pm/email me then I'll gladly have the link removed!

These people need to realise though that this info is there to "aid" those who do not know how to develop for the classic amiga to do-so, so basically those people would be buring a dead machine more so!