English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 21 February 2021, 20:26   #1
AMIGASYSTEM

AROS One x86 v1.4 Realized

Update AROS One v1.5 HERE

AROS One: Finally after a long time I am pleased to release my new version of AROS One x86 ABIv0.

Many new features, among them the new Dual-PNG icons for Drawers and Applications created by me where I have been inspired to many icons of the Amiga world and not only, some of them invented by me.

Another new feature is the new Core by Deadwood that adds many features, 64Bit support, various updates and fixes.

AROS One has grown considerably, the compacted ISO occupies 1GB but includes more than 2.5 GB of software, much of the best software released for AROS ABIv0.

My advice is to try AROS One x86 first on a Virtual Machine preferably VMWare for its ease of use and speed, I attach some video Tutorial that shows how to install AROS One x86.

One 68k 1.4 , Installazione su VMVare: Tutorial Video (for optimal viewing set the video to 720p)

One 68k 1.4 , Installazione HD su VirtualBox: Tutorial Video (for optimal viewing set the video to 720p)

One 68k 1.4 su PC Reale Inspiron Mini 91: Tutorial Video (for optimal viewing set the video to 720p)

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 02 April 2021 at 15:05.
Old 01 April 2021, 22:55   #2
germandroide

Hello, Please I am very glad to Wait for v1. 5 and I am sure will be amazing.

I am spectating to try Aros but I am not able to do... I tried iCaros but it doesn't work good on my Dell Alien PC with a 1070GTX and 21GB Ram. I see the Arm branch of Aros is working so good and I hope we can use x86 soon.
I see there is a problem in x86 branch, I usted a Linux and a Windows hosted Aros and no good experience, it works faster OS4x in WinUAE and OS4x is not playable. May be Aros need WinUAE to make a good and proper x86 install couse WinUAE has a full Hardware support for x86 Hardware and for 68k Hardware emulation... I mean that from Aros inside WinUAE May be possible to use native x86 Aros and WinUAE emulation to launch 68k apps as in a native Amiga where.

And we will has the fastest and much good user experience and easy to install for all and not only for codders users...

Thank you for your work, impatient to see If I am able to make it run and give a try...
Old 02 April 2021, 15:02   #3
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by germandroide View Post
Hello, Please I am very glad to Wait for v1. 5 and I am sure will be amazing.

I am spectating to try Aros but I am not able to do... I tried iCaros but it doesn't work good on my Dell Alien PC with a 1070GTX and 21GB Ram. I see the Arm branch of Aros is working so good and I hope we can use x86 soon.
I see there is a problem in x86 branch, I usted a Linux and a Windows hosted Aros and no good experience, it works faster OS4x in WinUAE and OS4x is not playable. May be Aros need WinUAE to make a good and proper x86 install couse WinUAE has a full Hardware support for x86 Hardware and for 68k Hardware emulation... I mean that from Aros inside WinUAE May be possible to use native x86 Aros and WinUAE emulation to launch 68k apps as in a native Amiga where.

And we will has the fastest and much good user experience and easy to install for all and not only for codders users...

Thank you for your work, impatient to see If I am able to make it run and give a try...

Hello, on WinUAE can not work AROS x86, it works very well instead on VMWare and VirtualBox, see video attached in the News, On WinUAE AROS 68k works fine

Anyway this is an old news, you find HERE the updated version of AROS One v1.5