English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 22 August 2021, 10:18   #961
Olaf Barthel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenam View Post
Since Michael specified "hard drive space" I guess that it's something that won't get installed on the HD, and as such will remain on the installation media itself (either CD or Floppy)...
You are on the right track
Old 22 August 2021, 12:56   #962
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olaf Barthel View Post
You are on the right track
I have reason to believe that the Easter Egg needs to be accessed from AmigaPE (maybe hidden in AmigaPE's workbench.library? ) and not that's it's just laying in a file somewhere, because I have looked at every folder (not in every file, though) and I can't find anything strange
Old 22 August 2021, 19:52   #963
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
I have reason to believe that the Easter Egg needs to be accessed from AmigaPE (maybe hidden in AmigaPE's workbench.library?

It has been said that it does not occupy HD space so it cannot be a library.
At this point it could be something that is in some Floppy or CD but is not installed, maybe something that is hidden under a file name known in Amiga environment but contains something else
Old 23 August 2021, 08:56   #964
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
It has been said that it does not occupy HD space so it cannot be a library.
AmigaPE's workbench.library does not get installed anywhere from what I gather, since 3.2 either loads it from ROM (if you have the 3.2 ROM installed) or uses specific versions of it from the Modules_A* floppies

That's why I thought AmigaPE's workbench.library would be a good candidate for an hidden Easter Egg. That way you could trigger it only from AmigaPE while not really wasting any real resource on installed systems (since it would stay in AmigaPE).

It would not the first time that Easter Eggs are hidden in workbench.library either...

Last edited by jbenam; 23 August 2021 at 09:02.
Old 23 August 2021, 09:25   #965
bubbob42

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
It looks very decent, even when using png icons.
Enabling gadget scaling and extra titlebar space in Icontrol prefs' design settings will improve the look significantly.
Old 23 August 2021, 10:58   #966
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
AmigaPE's workbench.library does not get installed anywhere from what I gather, since 3.2 either loads it from ROM (if you have the 3.2 ROM installed) or uses specific versions of it from the Modules_A* floppies
No the workbench.library is not found in the ROM Kick 3.2 but on files in the appropriate directory LIBS
Old 23 August 2021, 12:11   #967
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

Quote:
No the workbench.library is not found in the ROM Kick 3.2 but on files in the appropriate directory LIBS
You're right, anyway my point still stands: the workbench.library that gets installed is the one in the Modules_A* floppies, not the one that AmigaPE uses.
Old 23 August 2021, 12:44   #968
AMIGASYSTEM

There are no different workbench.library on OS 3.2, they are all v47.33 "and same size", there are 3 places where it is located.

One is in the CD (LIBS) and is used to boot the CD, the other is in the Floppy Install (LIBS), again is used to boot the Floppy, the third is in the Floppy Module (LIBS) and is used to boot OS 3.2 from a KickStart 3.1, where the OS 3.2 workbench.library will replace that of OS 3.1.
Old 23 August 2021, 15:43   #969
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

Quote:
There are no different workbench.library on OS 3.2, they are all v47.33 "and same size", there are 3 places where it is located.

One is in the CD (LIBS) and is used to boot the CD, the other is in the Floppy Install (LIBS), again is used to boot the Floppy, the third is in the Floppy Module (LIBS) and is used to boot OS 3.2 from a KickStart 3.1, where the OS 3.2 workbench.library will replace that of OS 3.1.
If they are the same with a binary comparison, there goes my theory

Have you done a binary comparison on the various workbench.libraries? That would most certainly exclude it, and if so, we need to look elsewhere.
Old 23 August 2021, 19:57   #970
nogginthenog
Amigan

Quote:
If they are the same with a binary comparison, there goes my theory

Have you done a binary comparison on the various workbench.libraries? That would most certainly exclude it, and if so, we need to look elsewhere.
I checked and they are identical. Good idea though!
Old 25 August 2021, 19:31   #971
José

Lost my serial too!!

Arggggg.......hhhhh. I decided to buy it just to show my support and because I was busy with other things just decided to put it on the shelf AFTER unpacking it and throwing away the plastic wrapper with the serial number! It's on a dumpster about 700m from my house, I'll look really weird to the people around searching for it (specially since I haven't shaved in a while), is there a way to recover it ? F*** !!
Thanks
Old 26 August 2021, 05:30   #972
wiser3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Don't worry, 3.2 eggs do not waist valuable ram, take rom space or even use any harddrive space. How could that be? Well, only time will show...

Could the easter egg be on a web site somewhere?

Thought i found something with "IFPI LN13" on the CD. But, google reveals this as a SID code. "The mastering SID code identifies where the glass master for the CD was made. The mould SID code identifies where the CD was pressed."

Everyone that knows Commodore knows of the C64 SID chip. So i looked for any sort of SID file or data but came up empty.
Old 26 August 2021, 05:46   #973
boemann
Camilla, AmigaOS Dev.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiser3 View Post
Could the easter egg be on a web site somewhere?

Thought i found something with "IFPI LN13" on the CD. But, google reveals this as a SID code. "The mastering SID code identifies where the glass master for the CD was made. The mould SID code identifies where the CD was pressed."

Everyone that knows Commodore knows of the C64 SID chip. So i looked for any sort of SID file or data but came up empty.
It is not the SID thing, and it is on the CD somewhere
Old 27 August 2021, 11:46   #974
AMIGASYSTEM

I noticed "on WinUAE" that with OS 3.2 the copy-paste (A+c /A+v) on some applications doesn't work, for example on Dopus4 if you try to make a copy of a file "name" or path, the copy-paste doesn't work.

This happened also with OS 3.1, with OS 3.9 no problem the copy-paste works everywhere.
Old 27 August 2021, 11:59   #975
boemann
Camilla, AmigaOS Dev.

Quote:
I noticed "on WinUAE" that with OS 3.2 the copy-paste (A+c /A+v) on some applications doesn't work, for example on Dopus4 if you try to make a copy of a file "name" or path, the copy-paste doesn't work.

This happened also with OS 3.1, with OS 3.9 no problem the copy-paste works everywhere.
Can you please try to narrow it down. Is it only paths or do you see other problems with copy paste. Clipboard errors can be so many things, from the clipboard itself, to the filetypes, to the applications. So the more detailed info you can provide the better
Old 27 August 2021, 12:15   #976
AMIGASYSTEM

Ok, I attach a small video that shows how to work the copy-paste on OS 3.9 systems, on the video I used AfA One, but it also works on a "clean" OS 3.9

I specify on OS 3.2 that on programs like Text Editor that have the internal function of copy-paste everything works regularly.

EDIT: Replaced the video now more complete

http://eab.abime.net/zone/Test-copy-paste.avi

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 27 August 2021 at 12:29.
Old 27 August 2021, 12:31   #977
boemann
Camilla, AmigaOS Dev.

Quote:
I specify on OS 3.2 that on programs like Text Editor that have the internal function of copy-paste everything works regularly.
TextEdit doesn't have an internal copy paste. It goes through the clipboard like everything else, and for me works flawlessly on winuae even to and from windows. We will try to reproduce, but I think it may be something on your system. But let's see.
Old 27 August 2021, 12:33   #978
boemann
Camilla, AmigaOS Dev.

could it be that you need to toggle the filter checkbox in icontrol prefs ?
Old 27 August 2021, 12:39   #979
AMIGASYSTEM

Yes the copy-paste is not integrated on the apps, I tested su OS 3.2 on Reqest File it works perfectly.

It's not my system to have special functions, as I said it works also on standard "clean" OS 3.9, I also used the same Dopus4, in this second video I used the same Dopus4 used on OS 3.2

http://eab.abime.net/zone/Test-copy-paste2.avi
Old 27 August 2021, 12:58   #980
AMIGASYSTEM

On OS 3.2 the problem seems to be "Conclip", replaced with OS 3.9 version the copy-paste on Dopus works fine