English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 30 November 2022, 23:46   #1
kadi

emulated disk drive rattling from inside the computer.

Hi,
i like the disk drive sound emulation. But i wish it came from out of the computer case and not the sound system.

FEATURE REQUEST / IDEA:
Can you (toni/some developer) make WinUAE to rout the diskette drive emulation sounds to another sound card?

The purpose is to have the gaming sounds coming from the HDMI Screen or TV, but the rattle of the emulated disk-drive coming out of a computer case.

This is useful for people who build their own TheA500 maxis or so. All you need is an old Amiga Case or one of the new cases and a keyboard. Inside is a USB-Hub and a little usb-speaker. That speaker would only produce the virtual diskette drive noise.

If you like the idea please discuss this here. I have already asked the developers of fs-UAE and Amiberry as those are the versions i am using on my Raspi 400. They unfortunately have some more interesting/important work to do than this, no surprise. Its very special and a bit silly i think.

would you like such a feature? Even TheA500 mini should produce disk noise in my opinion, it can blink the drive LED but can't rattle like a real Amiga.
Old 01 December 2022, 02:08   #2
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

Or putting it through the internal PC speaker would be cool; direct access to that is not allowed since WinXP but there might be a device driver that would allow it to be used.
Old 01 December 2022, 17:02   #3
van_dammesque

check out LGR's youtube channel, there is soemthing similar to reproduce an internal HDD, it is just a beeper though.
Sounds like an rasp Pi job?