English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 24 April 2022, 12:47   #61
SkulleateR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravious View Post
Hey guys, is it known if anyone is working on a Hakchi style way of editing, adding or removing the built in games and having them display nativly in the built in GUI?
Sure, only beta and not quite usable yet, but it's a start : https://github.com/CommodoreOS/PCUAA...g/v1.0.0-beta1
Old 24 April 2022, 18:56   #62
Gravious

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkulleateR View Post
Sure, only beta and not quite usable yet, but it's a start : https://github.com/CommodoreOS/PCUAA...g/v1.0.0-beta1
I wholeheartedly appreciate any and all efforts the A500 is a loveley bit of kit for practical amiga enjoyment but does have a few duds in the lineup
Old 24 April 2022, 20:24   #63
EmuChicken

[ Show youtube player ] Just finished with this... It has made the A500 mini MUCH more tolerable.
Old 24 April 2022, 21:50   #64
bent

@EmuChicken

Nice, thanks for sharing.
Old 25 April 2022, 08:02   #65
Ozasis

Had a fun day with kids playing games and getting into the A500 properly. Few points

1.) Switching the TV to 'games mode display' was a game changer. Pinball and Supercars dont lag now. Which means I played hrs of Supercars. Damn thats a good game.

2.) Still cant get Zipstick working with my VGA adaptor. So will ahve to buy Retronics Design one.

3.) Loaded AMiNiMiga project and man thats crazy fun. Workbench again. Many games to play with. I wasnt able to access my USB thru DOPus but need to play m,ore and remember how to use!

4.) Got Extreme Violence working but only in 1 player mode. Canmt work out how to get two players and tried every keyboard key etc. I think possibly the full game is 1 player only against computer and demo is two player.

Next step of course will be to get our favourite extra games on the carousel. I know something is in progress and its great fun seeing the great work people are doing.
Old 25 April 2022, 14:44   #66
BigD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozasis View Post
Had a fun day with kids playing games and getting into the A500 properly. Few points

1.) Switching the TV to 'games mode display' was a game changer. Pinball and Supercars dont lag now. Which means I played hrs of Supercars. Damn thats a good game.

2.) Still cant get Zipstick working with my VGA adaptor. So will ahve to buy Retronics Design one.

3.) Loaded AMiNiMiga project and man thats crazy fun. Workbench again. Many games to play with. I wasnt able to access my USB thru DOPus but need to play m,ore and remember how to use!

4.) Got Extreme Violence working but only in 1 player mode. Canmt work out how to get two players and tried every keyboard key etc. I think possibly the full game is 1 player only against computer and demo is two player.

Next step of course will be to get our favourite extra games on the carousel. I know something is in progress and its great fun seeing the great work people are doing.
2 player joypad mode requires different settings. Hopefully these will be made available through discord etc.

Obviously with the 2 player profile the cursor on Workbench will have to be controlled by Amiga keys plus keyboard or I recommend JoyMouse in WBStartup.
Old 25 April 2022, 15:51   #67
Snake Plissken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
Hello, it's my first post in this forum and I hope I'm posting in the right place!

I recently bought the A500 mini, the only regret I have is I can't use my old 9 pin Joystick.
The pad is ok but - my personal opinion - completely useless for some games.
When I play on WinUAE I use my old joystick with an USB adapter (mayflash) but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work on the A500 mini.
Is there a chance to make it work or I do have to buy an USB joystick?
Thanks!

I apologize for quoting myself, I just wanted to ask if this in your opinion is going to be doable, sooner or later. Pad is ok but the use of a joystick is necessary.

Thanks in advance
Old 25 April 2022, 16:59   #68
SkulleateR

Quote:
I apologize for quoting myself, I just wanted to ask if this in your opinion is going to be doable, sooner or later. Pad is ok but the use of a joystick is necessary.

Thanks in advance
Best guess would be to get an adapter that already works with TheC64/Mini, then you "may" have a chance that it will work ... but as far as I know there aren't many adapters that got updated firmware for this purpose.

Maybe it's easier (and cheaper) to get a USB Joystick like the Speedlink or one from the THEC64Maxi
Old 26 April 2022, 08:49   #69
gizmomelb

Quote:
there are USB to 9 pin adapters, othewise the C64 MAXI joystick is microswitched and works fine with the A500 mini.
Old 26 April 2022, 17:21   #70
Snake Plissken

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkulleateR View Post
Best guess would be to get an adapter that already works with TheC64/Mini, then you "may" have a chance that it will work ... but as far as I know there aren't many adapters that got updated firmware for this purpose.

Maybe it's easier (and cheaper) to get a USB Joystick like the Speedlink or one from the THEC64Maxi

Thank you for your reply
I already own an USB speedlink but after the initial enthusiasm, I later found it really stiff and fragile. When playing on WinUAE I use my old Suzo Competition Pro via a Mayflash adapter which works like a charm and I was hoping to use it on my A500mini as well. I will consider the Joystick from C64 maxi then, when it's going to be available again on the continental market!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmomelb View Post
there are USB to 9 pin adapters, othewise the C64 MAXI joystick is microswitched and works fine with the A500 mini.

Thank you! Do you own it? As said before the Speedlink is quite stiff on all the directions and you get tired of using it after some time, while my old Suzo is soft like a leaf falling gently on the ground ...
Old 27 April 2022, 18:18   #71
mrv2k

Things are moving quite fast in the world of the A500 mini. Jimmy Johansson has released his OS3.9 install AmiNiMiga.

I've managed to get it to boot from HDF files and I'm making an AGS2 install for it.

Good times!
Old 27 April 2022, 22:54   #72
BigD

Very cool! Any idea how to shut down AmiNiMiga without it requiring a ZX Spectrum style plug shutdown after getting to a black screen but with the red LED still on?
Old 28 April 2022, 04:05   #73
jono1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrv2k View Post

Things are moving quite fast in the world of the A500 mini. Jimmy Johansson has released his OS3.9 install AmiNiMiga.

I've managed to get it to boot from HDF files and I'm making an AGS2 install for it.

Good times!
that looks pretty sweet.
I am importing the Retroplay collection on had on a build a few months ago onto the AmiNiMiga build. but thinking maybe I should have updated my build on WinUAE first with the latest files from Retroplay using you tool etc before copying it across oops Maybe for another day.
Old 28 April 2022, 04:06   #74
jono1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
Very cool! Any idea how to shut down AmiNiMiga without it requiring a ZX Spectrum style plug shutdown after getting to a black screen but with the red LED still on?
I have the same issue hopefully a fix in a future firmware update maybe
Old 29 April 2022, 17:59   #75
mrv2k

Arcade Game Selector 2 - A500 Mini Edition Released!

If you want to see how to boot from HDF's have a look at my AGS2 collection.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/5713...28958298273457
Old 02 May 2022, 23:31   #76
8BiT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrv2k View Post

If you want to see how to boot from HDF's have a look at my AGS2 collection.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/5713...28958298273457
I'm not on Facebook
Old 03 May 2022, 09:00   #77
mrv2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BiT View Post
I'm not on Facebook
Its on the TURRRAN FTP under

~Uploads/mrv2k
Old 03 May 2022, 13:48   #78
amigang

updated first post

Arcade Game Selector 2 - A500 mini Edition - 4858 games by Paul Vince
https://mega.nz/file/fRUgha6K#qPMqIj...17fAAUMud62U_Y -6Gb

CD32 - 80 Games Collection Preconfigured pack of 80 CD32 games for The A500 mini.
Easy to use, each game has a set screen and controls.
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 08 May 2022, 02:51   #79
EmuChicken

Amiga Inside:
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 08 May 2022, 02:52   #80
EmuChicken

A video on AGS2:
[ Show youtube player ]