English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hall Of Light > HOL news

Old 29 May 2016, 13:38   #1
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Floppy disk MicroLeague Wrestling (1990 Version Update)

Welcome Ladies and Gentlemen to EAB Arena, Paris, France for today's Rumble Royale! First up we have an interview with the self-proclaimed greatest WWF Intercontinental Champion of all-time, "Macho Man" Randy Savage. And it's over to you "Mean Gene" Okerlund......

“Mean Gene” Okerlund: Wrestlemania V at the Trump Plaza, Atlantic City, New Jersey, it’s a day that I’m certain my guest at this time will not forget, I’m talking about the former WWF World Heavyweight Champion of the World, “Macho Man” Randy Savage…

“Macho Man” Randy Savage: The cream will rise to the top, ooh yeah. “Macho Madness”, yeah has got more to offer than President Vince McMahon thinks that I got yeah and let me tell you something right now, cards stacked against the “Macho Man” Randy Savage and Wrestlemania V let me say it yeah, let me say it out loud and let me point to the President of the World Wrestling Federation, the “Macho Man” Randy Savage is not happy with your decision, yeah. I am the cream in the WWF and there is no doubt about it.

“Mean Gene” Okerlund: Wait a minute though Randy, I’ve got to ask you very seriously, do you blame Mr. Vince McMahon, the distinguished President of the World Wrestling Federation, for Hulk Hogan being the World Heavyweight Champion today?

“Macho Man” Randy Savage: Yeah, I do, yeah. Outside interference, yeah. In my moment of glory! Yeah. And now I’m living in a nightmare. And I am the cream. And now, not only the Intercontinental Heavyweight Championship belt must fall but, the World Heavyweight Championship belt! Because Hulk Hogan yeah, I am the cream, yeah, the cream of the crop. And there is no-one that does it better than the “Macho Man” Randy Savage! On balance, off balance, doesn’t matter. I’m better than you are, yeah and I’m talking everyone in the World Wrestling Federation. And I’m even talking — to President Vince McMahon, yeah. I’m on my way and nothing is gonna stop me! Nothing’s gonna stop me.

<busting into the room> Hulk Hogan: It was you that was eaten alive by the lust, brother. It was a simple fact that the “Macho Man” couldn't be the man that all my Hulkamaniacs wanted him to be, brother. You couldn't handle the load. You couldn't handle the pressure, but what really tore us apart was the way you became so jealous of Hulkamania. Brother, you're a cheapshot artist. You take whatever you can get as quick as you can get it. You were never in my corner, you were always on the outside waiting for me to make the first move.

But just like Donald Trump, “Macho Man”, I hope you're ready, brother, because Donald Trump has questions in his own mind. He sent a whole team of seismologists out here to check the foundation of the Trump Towers, brother. As we erupt over the whole Atlantic City, he was worried about the foundation. He was worried that the thousands of people in the arenas might become unseated and swallowed by the Earth. Donald Trump, don't worry about my Hulkamaniacs, they're survivors. They're ready, but you, “Macho Man”, I don't care where you stand. I don't care what you believe in. All I want from you is your best. I want you to be ready. I want the “Macho Madness” to be at his peak because when Hulkamania rules, when Hulkamania lives forever, when Hulkamania puts you down on your knees, I want the whole world to realise that I beat you at your best.

At the end of Wrestlemania VI, I will reign supreme and STILL be the World Wrestling Federation champion! And whatcha gonna do “Macho Man” when Hulkamania and the whole world full of Hulkamaniacs run wild on you??!!

MicroLeague Wrestling (1990 Version) ------> http://hol.abime.net/6134 <------ (New HOL entry)

Raw dump coming soon to a Zone near you......

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HulkHoganVsMachoMan.jpg
Views:	1561
Size:	162.6 KB
ID:	48648  

Last edited by DrBong; 29 May 2016 at 13:49.
Old 29 May 2016, 13:40   #2
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Old 29 May 2016, 14:43   #3
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Back in the day I hated the Hulkster, that drug-taking over-hyped terrible actor. Pretty much every "fight" was the same, where he'd come out blazing, during the middle of the fight look like he was about to lose, often the opponent would get him in a submission hold where his hand wouldn't quite drop on the 3rd count by the ref, then do his lame "impervious to everything" end and drop the leg to win the match.

I always wanted his opponents to win (particularly Macho Man or the Ultimate Warrior) but he seemed to be the one getting pushed in the WWF.
Old 29 May 2016, 21:31   #4
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codetapper View Post
Back in the day I hated the Hulkster, that drug-taking over-hyped terrible actor.
Haha! All the WWF wrestlers in the 1980s/90s were terrible actors (although some were amusingly cheesy entertainers!), and a few even got to show how bad they could act in movies too. Who could ever forget Hulk Hogan in Suburban Commando! Worse still, they turned that turkey of a movie into an Amiga game!!!

http://hol.abime.net/2167

Quote:
Pretty much every "fight" was the same, where he'd come out blazing, during the middle of the fight look like he was about to lose, often the opponent would get him in a submission hold where his hand wouldn't quite drop on the 3rd count by the ref, then do his lame "impervious to everything" end and drop the leg to win the match.

I always wanted his opponents to win (particularly Macho Man or the Ultimate Warrior) but he seemed to be the one getting pushed in the WWF.
Yep, I only went for Hulk Hogan when he was up against the likes of King Kong Bundy, Andre the Giant and Ted DiBiase.

There were plenty of wrestlers who had more entertaining moves back in the day.....like “Mr Wonderful” Paul Orndorff (piledriver), Jake ”The Snake” Roberts (DDT), The Ultimate Warrior (gorilla press drop), Randy Savage (top rope flying elbow), “Rowdy” Roddy Piper (sleeper hold), Bret “The Hitman” Hart (sharpshooter), “The Magnificent” Don Muraco (reverse piledriver) and ”Cowboy” Bob Orton (top rope suplex - bettered by son Randy Orton's RKO). The list could just go on and on!

Anyway, MicroLeague Wrestling brought back some good memories of the heydey of WWF wrestling when I was still in high school I remember one of the guys at school - being an utter nutter WWF fanatic - getting suspended coz he suplexed another guy on the lunchtime lawn area and broke his collarbone. Not a terribly bright thing to do in the line of sight of the vice-principal's office!
Old 31 May 2016, 19:48   #5
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Floppy disk MicroLeague Wrestling (1990 Version) [MLSA] - Raw dump

Quote:
MicroLeague Wrestling (1990 Version) ------> http://hol.abime.net/6134 <------ (New HOL entry)

Raw dump coming soon to a Zone near you......
In the Zone. Hard to tell if this game is in TOSEC as all the versions are labelled as the original 1989 release of MicroLeague Wrestling and have main execs of various sizes. According to the game box, though, the 1990 version of MicroLeague Wrestling has enhancements including better graphics.

https://is.gd/VucCPq

Anyway, the raw dump is probably only of interest to the collectors among you as it contains manual protection. Never fear, a well-known EAB member has remedied that! Stay tuned for a cracked ADF release in the days ahead........
Old 05 June 2016, 22:20   #6
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Scoopex releases MicroLeague Wrestling (1990 Version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBong View Post
In the Zone. Hard to tell if this game is in TOSEC as all the versions are labelled as the original 1989 release of MicroLeague Wrestling and have main execs of various sizes. According to the game box, though, the 1990 version of MicroLeague Wrestling has enhancements including better graphics.

https://is.gd/VucCPq

Anyway, the raw dump is probably only of interest to the collectors among you as it contains manual protection. Never fear, a well-known EAB member has remedied that! Stay tuned for a cracked ADF release in the days ahead........
Released! Refer to this thread for further details.....

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...90#post1093790

Last edited by DrBong; 05 June 2016 at 22:28.
Old 12 June 2016, 17:18   #7
TEOL

Is this an all in one this time?

Or are the undumped data wrestler disks of the original one still counted as undumped?
Old 12 June 2016, 19:50   #8
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

@TEOL
No, the original copy of MicroLeague Wrestling 1990 that I dumped was an update of the 1989 release. CAPS doesn't have any IPFs of the game, and all the ADFs contained in TOSEC are labelled as the 1989 release. Galahad kindly removed the manual protection of the raw dump I upped, so there is a freshly cracked ADF in the Zone too. Ideally, it will make its way into TOSEC and any of the 1989 releases in TOSEC that look to be the same game should be renamed.

Anyway, according to the original game contents of MicroLeague Wrestling 1990, there was only 1 data disk planned for release for Amiga/PC - MicroLeague Wrestling Superstar Series Volume 3. It was to feature two match-ups: (a) Ultimate Warrior vs "Ravishing" Rick Rude and (b) Kurt "Mr. Perfect" Henning vs Bret "The Hitman" Hart. The TOSEC version only contains the first match-up, so either the data disk ended up being a cut-down release (most likely!) or the TOSEC version is a leaked unreleased copy.

BTW I have never seen an original copy of the MicroLeague Wrestling data disk anywhere online, so you probably shouldn't hold your breath on anyone finding it anytime soon and then actually dumping it. It is perhaps the reason why no HOL entry has been created. As it is, I have only seen 2 complete copies of MicroLeague Wrestling 1990 online and both were sold by big U.S. collectors on Ebay in the last 12-18 months. Fortunately, I managed to pick up the copy that I dumped for $70 USD in the last Ebay auction after being sniped in the first one.

Hope that clarifies some things for you......