English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 17 May 2010, 11:19   #1
blast
Total Numpty

Stuff for sale amiga a1200 plus more retro stuff

Saw my earlier post moved, apologies didnt notice your marketplace section. You can view my other post about the Amiga a1200 I am preparing to sell.

Thought I would offer you all here the chance to aquire some of what I am clearing. So I have these things that may interest you

1: Amiga a1200, seems fully working (see other post for more details)

2: Spectrum+3 action pack boxed complete, nice condition. Powers on but does not read discs. Seems its probably just the well known problem of the disc drive belt getting brittle and snapping. I have bought 2 x new belt but doubt I have the technical expertise to fit it.

3: Amstrad CPC 6128: It all lights up but I have no monitor to try it on or games to test in it. If you can tell me what sort of monitors I could test it on I may get one.

4: Binatone TV master think its a Mk6, boxed in good condition. Have tested it all minus the gun as I only have LCD tv's now so cant test it. Console makes a noise when gun plugged in.

Ive lots of other stuff too from retro to modern, having a huge sale off and may do a boot sale. Let me know if there is anything you are after, never know I may have it.

Will take sensible offers on any of the above. Bear in mind I do know what the Ebay selling prices are

Located in Bristol near junction 17 m5 for pick ups or can consider posting.

Many thanks
Old 18 May 2010, 09:58   #2
JonSick

Any idea what you're after for the A1200 (posted)?
Old 18 May 2010, 13:47   #3
blast
Total Numpty

Old 18 May 2010, 13:49   #4
blast
Total Numpty

Added Pictures above.

Jonsick, thanks for the message. Without knowing if its just standard I dont know. Need to find out if it has a ram expansion or bigger HD or what OS it runs. Most likely its just standard but I cant tell right now as I have no knowledge of Amiga at all. Will work on finding these things out later.
Old 18 May 2010, 14:33   #5
JLPedro
JLPedro

I am interested in the CPC 6128 if you can ship it to Portugal, pending on total price also (my pockets are very short). A pic or two would be nice.

Edit: the only two way's i know to conect the CPC is with an amstrad cpc monitor or an RGB to scart cable, but i'm willing to take it even untested.
Old 18 May 2010, 15:56   #6
scrappysphinx

to find out if the amiga has a hard drive just turn it on and see if it boots into workbench and to find out if it has an expansion just pull the cover off on the bottom of the amiga and see if anything is connected to the expansion port
Old 18 May 2010, 16:43   #7
blast
Total Numpty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLPedro View Post
I am interested in the CPC 6128 if you can ship it to Portugal, pending on total price also (my pockets are very short). A pic or two would be nice.

Edit: the only two way's i know to conect the CPC is with an amstrad cpc monitor or an RGB to scart cable, but i'm willing to take it even untested.
Thanks Pedro. I looked at what you said and it seems what I needed was scart to 6 pin din. Couldent see anywhere to connect RGB to the computer.

I will take some pictures later for you but be warned its not pretty, yellowed keys and has some paint splash's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappysphinx View Post
to find out if the amiga has a hard drive just turn it on and see if it boots into workbench and to find out if it has an expansion just pull the cover off on the bottom of the amiga and see if anything is connected to the expansion port
Thanks for that. As Ralph Wiggum would say "Im learnding". Amiga does not boot to workbench but then I read earlier they dont always if they dont spin fast enough? has to be reset or something. I'll check the expansion port later when the kids are in bed.

Many thanks
Old 18 May 2010, 17:00   #8
scrappysphinx

yeah if it has an old 2.5" hdd in sometimes the drive doesn't spin up before the machine boots. All you have to do is soft reset the machine, to do that you just hold down the ctrl (next to the caps lock) and the two amiga (A) keys either side of the space bar after the insert disk screen comes up.
Old 18 May 2010, 18:03   #9
JLPedro
JLPedro

The rgb signal is taken from the 6 pin conector. The yellow keys i can "retrobrite" if the case is recoverable is fine.

Thanks, JP
Old 18 May 2010, 19:53   #10
blast
Total Numpty

Amstrad picture

Old 19 May 2010, 18:08   #11
JLPedro
JLPedro

Boy it's yellow! But at least all keys are perfect yellow , PM sent, still interested.
Old 19 May 2010, 18:54   #12
Paul_s

Blimey, that Amstrad is a blast from the past. One of my friends from school had one!

Same shell as the Spectrum +3 I believe as Amstrad manufactured those...
Old 19 May 2010, 19:19   #13
JLPedro
JLPedro

Yes Amstrad manufatured the +3, but the cpc 6128 case is no exacty the same as the +3, but they share the same style (and the 3'' floppy drive).
Old 24 May 2010, 13:33   #14
JLPedro
JLPedro

I have to withraw my interest in this CPC 6128 .

Thanks blast.
Old 27 May 2010, 14:46   #15
blast
Total Numpty

I have now finished investigating the A1200. There is no memory expansion and no HD. I will take £60 for the machine and the above pictured games plus £15.50 for postage by Parcelforce 48
Old 27 May 2010, 14:56   #16
scrappysphinx

just one more friendly piece of advice, if you want to send your a1200 via courier try www.parcel2go.com they are a reseller of courier service and you can usually send a parcel within the UK for about £8. Its a 3 day service but in my experience every parcel i've sent through them has arrived next day.

Mike
Old 27 May 2010, 15:08   #17
blast
Total Numpty

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappysphinx View Post
just one more friendly piece of advice, if you want to send your a1200 via courier try www.parcel2go.com they are a reseller of courier service and you can usually send a parcel within the UK for about £8. Its a 3 day service but in my experience every parcel i've sent through them has arrived next day.

Mike
Thanks Scrappy

I often get asked to use this by international buyers when I sell on Ebay. Problem is you have to wait in all day and they dont guarantee to turn up so then you have to wait in the next day too. Sadly thats never possible due to work and family commitments.
Old 01 June 2010, 20:05   #18
p2g_qc

Quote:
Originally Posted by blast View Post
Thanks Scrappy

I often get asked to use this by international buyers when I sell on Ebay. Problem is you have to wait in all day and they dont guarantee to turn up so then you have to wait in the next day too. Sadly thats never possible due to work and family commitments.
Hi Blast,

My name is George Iveson and I am the Quality Controller at Parcel2go.com. I would like to update you regarding your comments on all day appointments, while this is correct parcels been shipped with DHL and ParcelForce can be dropped of at local depots.

If you ever need to do this you can email me on quality@parcel2go.com or contact our free live chat service up to 11pm seven days a week we then inform you of the nearest depot for drop off.

Hope you find this information of help.

Kindest Regards
George Iveson
Quality Controller.

Old 01 June 2010, 20:33   #19
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
Also they can collect from your place of work. Thats what I do but both parcelforce and dhl have a contract with my company and are there everyday at 3pm so it makes life easier for me.

Steve.
Old 01 June 2010, 22:03   #20
bebek

I am interested in Spectrum +3. What price do you have in mind ? PM sent.

Last edited by bebek; 01 June 2010 at 22:25.