English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 05 March 2024, 17:44   #61
eXeler0

Best 3d Game Engines For Being Creative With?

Maybe some sort of script that sets all starting parameters is easy to fix, but you’d also need a way to record the gameplay and then replay it.
Not sure how much work that would be.
Old 05 March 2024, 18:01   #62
paraj

It would be quite a bit of work (I've suggested it before). When I did some 060 micro optimizations a while back I had a local, hacked build that switched between a few hard-coded poses so I could somewhat accurately measure if the changes made any positive difference.
Old 06 March 2024, 16:58   #63
Karlos
Alien Bleed

This probably isn't the place for it, but there was code in the original sources for following a path. The problem with the approach is that it's not enough to record the player, you'd probably need to record the state of all the objects (Inc temporary ones) and devise a suitable way of replacing it all. You also have to decide if you want to record at the interrupt level, or snapshot per frame.

In short, it's a lot of work.
Old 06 March 2024, 18:33   #64
eXeler0

Best 3d Game Engines For Being Creative With?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraj View Post
It would be quite a bit of work (I've suggested it before). When I did some 060 micro optimizations a while back I had a local, hacked build that switched between a few hard-coded poses so I could somewhat accurately measure if the changes made any positive difference.

Maybe a ”ghetto” -version could be made with less work if we only recorded the camera position lets say every 10th frame from a playthrough and then replayed only camera position & angle for playback, ignoring how monsters move etc.
Youd still get a good idea of the areas of a map where youre dropping performance etc?
Old 07 March 2024, 02:06   #65
abu_the_monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXeler0 View Post
Maybe a ”ghetto” -version could be made with less work if we only recorded the camera position lets say every 10th frame from a playthrough and then replayed only camera position & angle for playback, ignoring how monsters move etc.
Youd still get a good idea of the areas of a map where youre dropping performance etc?
looking into it

https://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p...postcount=4257