Biscuit
Baked Produce

EAB/Lemon Super League 2013: Round 10 Game Vote

EAB/Lemon Super League 2013: Round 10 Game Vote - OPEN ROUND
Starts: 00:01 July 28 Finishes: 23:59 August 10

Rules

Full rules are here.

Vote for five games.

Your first choice gets 5 points, second 4 pts, third 3 pts, fourth 2 pts, fifth 1 pt.

Remember to choose games suitable for competition play. Edited votes will be discounted (unless told otherwise) so think before you post. Please only vote on one board - either EAB or Lemon.

If a game comes in ECS and AGA versions, please state your preference in your vote. In the event the versions differ gameplay-wise, the version with most votes will be played. ECS is the default if you don't specify.

The winner of Round 9 will have their vote doubled for Round 10 (i.e. 1st place = 10 pts, 2nd = 8 pts etc).

Tactical or nosey voters can see the Lemon voting thread here.

This is the third Open Round of the season, meaning any game at all can be voted for as long as it is suitable for competition play.

Anyone is welcome to vote, play and chat at any time. May voting commence...
Old 28 July 2013, 01:26   #2
capehorn

1. Rainbow Islands
2. Ikari Warriors
3. Pinball Fantasies
4. Revenge of the Mutant Camels
5. Lotus Turbo Challenge II

FWIW I had Pinball Fantasies back in the day and I played it to death - I'm completely unaware of the bug that gives infinite balls or whatnot on Stones'n'Bones, I also have an ADF I've used to emulate it and played it many many times without experiencing these problems. Could we not reconsider banning this table? The problems with it really are news to me and if I can provide an ADF that isn't bugged (it's not special, I downloaded it from somewhere years ago) could we not at least try it - even if problems do become apparent during competition we could then at that point disregard scores from that table.
Old 28 July 2013, 05:04   #3
vagrant

1. Stunt Car Racer
2. Nitro
3. Twintris
4. Slam Tilt
5. Lotus Turbo Challenge 2
Old 28 July 2013, 22:21   #4
Biscuit
Baked Produce

Quote:
Originally Posted by capehorn View Post
FWIW I had Pinball Fantasies back in the day and I played it to death - I'm completely unaware of the bug that gives infinite balls or whatnot on Stones'n'Bones, I also have an ADF I've used to emulate it and played it many many times without experiencing these problems. Could we not reconsider banning this table? The problems with it really are news to me and if I can provide an ADF that isn't bugged (it's not special, I downloaded it from somewhere years ago) could we not at least try it - even if problems do become apparent during competition we could then at that point disregard scores from that table.
The bugs have been reported by a lot of people over the years, and on the original floppy versions, including by some of the comp players. I'm not willing to recommend playing it because it won't be much fun if people put time into high scores and then have to have them removed. Sorry about that. Graham's away this week so you'll have to wait for any opinion from him, but if I recall he experienced some of the bugs first hand so I wouldn't get your hopes up.
Old 28 July 2013, 23:11   #5
Harry
HD Installer

1. Lotus 2
2. Nitro (best times)
3. Gods
4. Turrican
5. SWIV

I also would be grateful if the Stones N Bones table could be played, as thats the table i like the most. Maybe Graham could do a test play of the proposed disk image?
Old 28 July 2013, 23:32   #6
Lonewolf10
AMOS Extensions Developer

1. UN Squadron
2. Ghouls 'n' Ghosts
3. Rampage
4. Alien Fish Finger
5. Stunt Car Racer
Old 29 July 2013, 18:48   #7
Phantom
Adventurer

1. Nitro (best times or most points in finished championship?)

2. Kick-Off 2 (The best score in a match?) PS: Alkis21 will NOT play!

3. TV Sports Basketball (4x3 mins exhibition; score difference?)

4. Bubble Bobble

5. Banshee

PS: Nitro's best times I guess it's impossible to snapshot on a real Amiga, because they change very fast after each stage.
Old 30 July 2013, 02:26   #8
Harry
HD Installer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
PS: Nitro's best times I guess it's impossible to snapshot on a real Amiga, because they change very fast after each stage.
The whdload version saves best times, and a new, clean scorefile can be found here. With that, its more like it was in Stunt car racer: Get the best time of each individual course and add them together. Those times are displayed then in the demo-loop at 4 subsequent pages, which also limits the amount of screenshots to a sensible level.

The original disk also saves best times to disk, but i dont know if the times of the images floating around are clean. So I think its the best to create an hd-disk-image of the whdload install like it was done for Lotus 2 for those who dont have a harddisk setup.

Last edited by Harry; 30 July 2013 at 02:39.
Old 30 July 2013, 12:12   #9
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

1) brian the lion cd32
2) unreal
3) rainbow islands
4) agony
5) disposable hero cd32
Old 30 July 2013, 13:56   #10
Gordon
Settler

1. scrabble
2. jimmy whites snooker
3. PGA european tour
4. sensible train spotting
5. Lotus 1
Old 31 July 2013, 06:05   #11
mailman
Zone Friend

1. Lotus 2
2. Lotus 1
3. Gods
4. Risky Woods
5. SWIV
Old 03 August 2013, 14:53   #12
capehorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry View Post
I also would be grateful if the Stones N Bones table could be played, as thats the table i like the most. Maybe Graham could do a test play of the proposed disk image?
Come to think of it, my adf has other issues (bonuses not being held properly on the final ball, jackpots always being 5m [aren't they supposed to increase over time?], and maybe other things too). If the mods are sure that there is a problem with the table then that's fine, I just happen to have never experienced it in thousands of plays myself.
Old 03 August 2013, 21:39   #13
john4p
Competition Moderator

I've read that the OCS/ECS-version was bugged because they wanted to sell the game around xmas 1992.
For the AGA-version the bugs were fixed.
Old 04 August 2013, 04:16   #14
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

guys,
i don't want to disturb the votes but i noticed that some, if not all, vote again for games we played yet...
biscuit we need never played games.
perhaps playing 2 games in a round : 2 votes -> 1 for unplayed game before during the super league and an other like usual.
what do you think about the idea ?
If it continues, we will play same games again and again and again.
Old 04 August 2013, 04:27   #15
Harry
HD Installer

Voting for already played games is only allowed in Open Rounds, that makes 4 of total 17 games per year. I dont see how this results in "playing the same games again and again". And, as for me, playing always 2 games per round is too much (if such a thing happens, i would probably restrict myself to play one of the 2 games).
Old 04 August 2013, 12:03   #16
Graham Humphrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by turrican3 View Post
guys,
i don't want to disturb the votes but i noticed that some, if not all, vote again for games we played yet...
biscuit we need never played games.
perhaps playing 2 games in a round : 2 votes -> 1 for unplayed game before during the super league and an other like usual.
what do you think about the idea ?
If it continues, we will play same games again and again and again.
Just like Harry said. I actually answered this question when you posted it in the voting thread for the previous round. This only happens four times a year and besides I would have thought you would have been quite enthusastic about the idea considering you must have missed a number of games you would have liked to play.
Old 05 August 2013, 06:31   #17
vagrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4p View Post
I've read that the OCS/ECS-version was bugged because they wanted to sell the game around xmas 1992.
For the AGA-version the bugs were fixed.
I thought the most annoying bug on OCS/ECS version was the score glitch.. where the score readout itself would glitch and then you couldn't save the score. Didn't seem limited to any specific table and only really happened when the score was super high
That used to happen on winuae as well is my real amigas..
I still prefer the OCS version though since the AGA version had no sexy intro/frontend did it? Just a WB launcher if I'm not mistaken..
Old 05 August 2013, 06:43   #18
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey View Post
Just like Harry said. I actually answered this question when you posted it in the voting thread for the previous round. This only happens four times a year and besides I would have thought you would have been quite enthusastic about the idea considering you must have missed a number of games you would have liked to play.
no i'm looking for new fresh games !
Old 05 August 2013, 08:21   #19
modrobert
old bearded fool

1. Datastorm
2. Overkill
3. Pinball Fantasies (Party Land)
4. Katakis
5. Xenon 2: Megablast
Old 05 August 2013, 09:26   #20
john4p
Competition Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by who View Post
I still prefer the OCS version though since the AGA version had no sexy intro/frontend did it? Just a WB launcher if I'm not mistaken..
The CD32 version includes intro and frontend (also available as WHDLoad install).