English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga Game Factory

Old 11 September 2018, 09:13   #41
Clydos
aka (Cpt)JohnArcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by phx View Post
NV-RAM is not the problem, but the game takes over the system completely and uses a low-level trackloader to read data from disk. Making it read from CD without OS is not trivial, and I don't have a CD32 myself.

As much as I want to support all classic Amigas, the CD32 (and CDTV) are unfortunately excluded. On the other hand it even works on an AA3000!
Understood; thanks for the head's up! No problem. I will try it on another machine. :-) Looking forward to it.

And yeah, although I like the excitement when someone announces a new game which is not ready yet, I also like when something new "just" appears out of the blue. :-) Thank you!
Old 11 September 2018, 11:52   #42
Toni Galvez

Quote:
Yes, this may happen sometimes. It's still better than losing a whole channel to sound effects. Gerrit really prefers to have all four channels for his music.

I doubt there is a fixed bassline channel in all the different Mods. My protracker player tries to find the channel with most silence ahead automatically, when playing SFX, which is not always perfect.

BTW, in the bonus levels we indeed switched to 3-channel mods, because the collection of hundreds of items can really destroy the music.
Well, thank you.
Old 11 September 2018, 19:58   #43
deepx

I just love this game. It runs so smooth and the controls are top notch!
Just made a donation on your Paypal account. Keep up the great work and thanks for keeping the Amiga-scene alive!
Greetings, Arno Nooij

Old 11 September 2018, 22:57   #44
phx
Natteravn

Thanks mate! Have fun!
Old 14 September 2018, 18:51   #45
PopoCop

Any chance for WHDLoad install?
Old 14 September 2018, 20:38   #46
phx
Natteravn

It may be done for the final release (not for the party release).
Old 18 September 2018, 08:33   #47
Graham Humphrey

I gave this a whirl the other evening and it is a lot of fun. Great presentation and well-designed and implemented. Thanks for your hard work.

Do you have any date in mind for a 'final' release? (I have to say this looks pretty 'final' as it is!)
Old 18 September 2018, 11:02   #48
Gzegzolka

Just finished party demo version Well for me it also looks like a full version. Very good game, not too hard and not too easy. I like how in later stages player can use potions to create blocks in designated for that places and how he can change his own color to pass different barriers or use them as a platforms. Maybe last boss could be more challenging, but it is not big problem for me.
Old 18 September 2018, 23:55   #49
phx
Natteravn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey View Post
Do you have any date in mind for a 'final' release? (I have to say this looks pretty 'final' as it is!)
It is feature complete. Everything we wanted to have in it is there. So I thought it would only be a matter of days to do some final adjustments, but now we are looking for a graphics artist to rework the graphics. Don't know how long it takes. The first person we asked requested $800, which is a bit more than Retroguru is willing to spend.
Old 25 September 2018, 19:12   #50
deepx

Game crashes for me after a certain level. Any solutions?
(maybe it had something to do with my savestate or something? I try to play the game all over again and see if it happends again)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180925_190545313-1632x918.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	514.3 KB
ID:	59985  

Last edited by deepx; 25 September 2018 at 20:13.

Old 25 September 2018, 20:26   #51
deepx

Never mind, my second play it works. I'm at candy level 3 now :-)

Old 25 September 2018, 22:23   #52
phx
Natteravn

Oh... which level was that? This is a "too many tile animations" panic. Which means there are more than 384 tile animations registered at once.

Maybe you activated some new tile animations additionally to the continuous background tile animations, which just exceeded the limit?

Hint: By pressing 'C' within the game you get the current level number and your map coordinates.
Old 27 September 2018, 17:44   #53
clenched

Today has been my first chance to try this on the A500. The scrolling is as smooth as any I've seen. For the acid test it was tried with A530 turbo switched on. I have a game or two that suffer severe graphic glitches or just guru outright when this is tried. For Trap Runner, on or off, it was impossible tell any difference. Floppy saving OK. Sound OK.
Old 27 September 2018, 21:54   #54
phx
Natteravn

Thanks for testing.

Although I optimize my games for a 7MHz 68000 1MB OCS-Amiga, it is always important to me that they work on any classic Amiga configuration.
Old 27 September 2018, 22:09   #55
Clydos
aka (Cpt)JohnArcher

@phx: AmigaBill played Trap Runner some minutes ago in his Twitch stream! He loved it, the crowed too! Great job, mate!
Old 30 September 2018, 00:30   #56
deepx

Quote:
Oh... which level was that? This is a "too many tile animations" panic. Which means there are more than 384 tile animations registered at once.

Maybe you activated some new tile animations additionally to the continuous background tile animations, which just exceeded the limit?

Hint: By pressing 'C' within the game you get the current level number and your map coordinates.
I think when I finished candylevel 2. I pressed fire when the blue screen with the little guy on it finished loading and then this happend. My last save-state is from the error-screen and I started again from level 1 again and am now on forrest level 2, I can't replicate the error, it runs normal so far.

Old 02 October 2018, 20:25   #57
phx
Natteravn

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepx View Post
it finished loading and then this happend.
At the very start of the level? The game should be in a defined state here, because you didn't do any movement yet. So I would expect it to happen always. Strange.

Quote:
I can't replicate the error, it runs normal so far.
Too bad. Maybe I should just increase the maximum number of allowed tile animations a little bit...
Old 14 October 2018, 00:32   #58
deepx

In my opinion the graphics look great.

Quote:
It is feature complete. Everything we wanted to have in it is there. So I thought it would only be a matter of days to do some final adjustments, but now we are looking for a graphics artist to rework the graphics. Don't know how long it takes. The first person we asked requested $800, which is a bit more than Retroguru is willing to spend.

Old 14 October 2018, 13:25   #59
idrougge

That debugger looks so professional.
Old 15 October 2018, 20:50   #60
phx
Natteravn

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrougge View Post
That debugger looks so professional.
It's quite minimalistic. You can do register and memory dumps. I didn't want to take too much space from my games.